Why not make some old areas auto-level to lvl 70?

Like Battle for Azeroth areas or whatever. There’s literally nothing left to do on the Dragon Isles besides grinding dungeons. All the world quests that spawn every week can be done in like 1-2 hours of gameplay. At least I could’ve got back to Kul Tiras and do some leftover quests there if the areas were leveled to 70.

You can do the leftover quests now as well.

Yes but it’s not fun when I one-shot every elite/boss monster there.

its not fun for us normal players to grind through old content so u can have ‘‘fun’’ in old zones. if u want challenge do it with grey gear…or without talents…or naked

4 Likes

Yeah, I wish to have an OPTIONAL scaling old content to 70 via Chromie Timewalking after you ding 70 with certain character.

3 Likes

do it naked without talents etc. also dont use mount or flying

1 Like

It is not a solution. Also, there are quests where you must down mobs to certain level of HP, then use q items on them. One shotting isn’t helping. I’m forced to use toys like Soft Foam Sword :confused:

;( oh the HORROR

1 Like

Make it optional through Chromie, or some consumable item.

You still would. Try using the down-level with friends thing in any zone - you’ll quickly realise that, due to your epic gear, you absolutely annihilate everything by sneezing at it.

The only way is to use Party Sync and then unequip your gear.

As a new player I have to create new characters for old content. If the old content could scale to 70, I could clear both old and new content with the same toon.

Because Blizz are so proud of the drivel they provide they force you to witness it.

I really do struggle to understand just why you want to do this. You seriously have so little to do that you want to do old quests, in old zones, for old rewards, for no purpose other than to tick a few achievement boxes, just for the sake of it. My goodness, things must be real bad in the game when you have to start kicking over the old dirt to find stuff to do.

Anyway irrespective of any view to the different there are still players levelling in zones and its not going to help when we have groups of seventies hogging the areas and making levelling a pain for those ‘actually’ doing their quests. A better solution would be for the creators to give you something to do in the new zones, that give you rewards specific to the current content.

3 Likes

I mean, I’m going back to legion for hidden artifact appearances and class mounts. They are still very nice to have and well worth going back for.

So why don’t you do it now. Nothing is stopping you, if they matter so much to you. A lot of what you discuss was available the first time around so if they were so nice to have why didn’t you get them. Additionally most of this stuff is account bound so matters not if you start a new char or use an old one to grind the stuff. I’m sure the creators would be happier you populate the new expansion where you can better serve players of a similar level.

says it all about the expansion if the thing a player asks for is the option to do the “old” content.

why not ask for more new content instead?

1 Like

Basically the Iron Man Challenge

Anyway irrespective of any view to the different there are still players levelling in zones and its not going to help when we have groups of seventies hogging the areas and making levelling a pain for those ‘actually’ doing their quests.

How does Kul Tiras works then where you can play the same zones at level 10 or at level 60?

I do not understand why Blizzard don’t provide a solo version of Party Sync.

You can do it, with limits, in a Heath-Robinson way, by making a second Starter WoW account. levelling a character to 10-20, and then Syncing with that character. Leave that character’s WoW minimised and get on with questing as a 10-20. It works. I tried it once. And, IIRC, you can still fly even though you are synced to a level below 30.

As Ishayo says, gear may be a thing, but you can easliy downscale that yourself.

So there is no reason for Blizzard NOT to allow it without all the inconvenience. Go to Chromie, say “I want to be 20 again”, and off you go.

But I also agree with Isdy. We all know the “I’m done with this expansion/this patch” syndrome from the end-of-expansion droughts, but it has come to many of us very early in Dragonflight. We shouldn’t have exhausted the interest already.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.