Why people hate the azerite system ?

the azerite system doesnt bother me and i dont understand what can bother people with it. its simple, you find azerite armor, open it and hope for good traits. if they are bad, scrap and hunt for a new azerite armor. if they are good, upgrade.

its like people want to complain about everything.

1 Like

Said it yourself
 “hope” for good traits. For an item you can randomly buy every 2 weeks. Hoping for good traits sucks. Or buying a specific piece can take up to 8 weeks. Or 1- infinity weeks in a raid.

You finally spend 2 months getting all your BiS traits. Then blizz nerfs them into the ground, making them the worst traits in the game. Like with snake eyes on outlaaw rogue. Which took me an insane amount of time to finally get 3 traits. To have it nerfed over 100% less dps.

Set pieces were 100 times better. Encourage people to raid, as it was the only place to get them. They worked on all your specs, so only needed 4 out of 6 pieces at most.

Now on my paladin I need 9 pieces, over twice the amount. I’ve got to hope they have good traits. Hope those traits don’t get nerfed. And do a considerable amount more work to get them.

20 Likes

nerfing is not new. EVERYTHING will be nerfed at some point. it sucks, but thats mmo for ya.
and loot is random. so instead of secondary random stat, you get random trait. so you try again, that is wow. raid again and again and again and again until you want take your own eyes out. and then you raid again. always have been and always will be.
some people are lucky enough to get the best gear in the game with 0.1% drop rate, and some will never ever get it. thats how things are.

You people are spreading misconception, it is called Azerite GEAR not system. There is no system and in 8.2 it will be pretty much separate from neck.

And Azerite GEAR is one of the best inventions blizz did from MoP. It is great. Doesn’t force players to do one specific type of content. You can get them from pretty much everywhere. Doesn’t force you to farm heroic raids on alts just to play some M+. And it is actually customizable which wasn’t the case with garbage tier sets.

100% agree with it being alt friendly, as more places to obtain them. Set pieces had there perks though.

• 6 pieces dropped, which you could synergies with legendaries, and other sets. You had plent of customisation. In reality with azerite, you stack for 2 traits.
  • you didn’t need to spend an insane amount of AP to unlock traits. Get a new higher ilvl azerite same armour, unlucky mate go grind 20,000 more AP to get them skills back
  • set pieces gave ys know
 actual class transmogs. Not generic aweful looking items for every clothy, leather, mail etc
  • blizz are struggling like hell to balance so many traits. Look how broken war tanks dps are, because 1 single talent. Outlaw rogue because wits talant. This has severely, and very negatively affected m+, pvp and raids. How many dead classes do we have at the moment? Quite a few
 the meta is literally war tank, cos OP trait. Stacking 2x outlaw, cos an OP trait.

Some people love azerite, some prefer sets. I don’t hate azerite. Deffo prefered sets though. It felt way more rewarding to me getting set pieces. Now you get chucked 400 azerite, left, right and centre.

3 Likes

That was a problem itself. 6 pieces that you kept thru entire raid without hope of improvement. Add 2 leggos + artifact weapon = 9 slots “taken”.

You still don’t need to. Couldn’t care less about 4+ tier traits. You would be perfectly fine with doing few dungeons a week or maybe 3x Island. It was a problem in legion where each trait gave like 0.5% dps increase. You felt forced to farm AP. Now? I just couldn’t care less.

How is that a problem of azerite gear? Blizzard could implement visual tiers without issues. They were just lazy.

Blizzard has never been good at balance. And again, its not a problem with azerite gear. Back in the day affliction warlocks could outdps 2 other dpses by himself. But somehow people remember some imaginary balance that was “before”.

Because it doesn’t change the gameplay like set bonus /weapon/legiondary does.

We simply feel like a 110 
 But with more damage no more.

Putting a good amount of hope into Necklass system for this.

This is a false. Azerite gear does significantly change gameplay, way more than tier sets ever did.

Legendaries did change gameplay however acquisition was garbage until waking essences. And essentially if everyone had bis leggo, might as well put that in class basic passives.

For me personally, it comes down to being a worse implementation of the Legion Artifact weapons, which only took up a single slot and had the AP system ready built in and it made the class feel unique. on top of that we had the legendary system to compliment the AP weapon, which while it had its issues felt far more engaging compared to this seasonal armour we currently have IMO.

I would also point out that they tied secondary stats to the AP grind meaning if you arent up to the current “Meta” level you will do an insane amount less HPS/DPS or have incredibly high TMI if your a tank making the game far harder for everyone in the PUG world.

Overall i do think its a very finiky system compared to what they had in legion, which while far from perfect was better in almost every respect to what we have now with the biggest mistake being tying your stats into an arbitrary grind that gets ever higher as the tiers progress with no set end point

For some specs it look like this .

As havoc i will use 3X FG (just extra haste but same rotation) 1X RB (a little Fury cost, but we should never be out of this) 1X CT (just change the opener and ofc a bit more DB damage) and 1 TB(once again more damage )

But at last, until some numĂ©rical change i will be stuck with same Talent set because it don’t add extra effect to make another set reliable (Feldemonic or Demonic one, depend the prefered)

So it feel not realy a gameplay change like how some thing did before in my opignon .

That why i don’t pretty appreciate it.

I’m guessing that some don’t like how passive it is.

Legion brought about active traits with the artifacts and it expanded your characters ability set.
Azerite gear
well
does nothing fun.

It’s about the only thing I would change, allow 1 active skill to be active from any of the 3 pieces we can equip something that is spec specific but doesn’t show like that on the actual piece.

1 Like

My main issue with it is when you want to play a new character, Isn’t it enough trying to gear up without adding a level up/talent grind after going all the way from 1-120?

I had a few issues with the azerite system and they are:

1. After Legion we had to get rid of our Legendaries that we grinded to get, in exchange for yet again another new system.

2. Lack of explanation from Blizzard in terms of azerite armor traits.

3. Armor level was tied to the azerite necklace levels.

4. Heavy grind to get certain rings of the azerite gear.

5. In the beginning you had to save different sets for different situations, one for PVP, one for mythics, one for pve, because of all the random traits.

6. There was nothing unique about the azerite armor gear sets. Everyone looks exactly the same pretty much.

3 Likes

Because it isnt permanent.
What makes your class interesting and unique, what makes it fun and interactive shouldnt be bound to ‘‘hope’’ or ‘‘rng’’, it should be native to your toon.

So when everything interesting that we previously used to have in Talents, Glyphs, Enchants whatever is moved to random gear we cant even target it feels bad.

If Azerite actually dropped from M+ instead of only at the chest i think people would like it more.

3 Likes

Think about it, If everything, every buff or every change would be permanent, we would die of boredom by now. Imagine playing every spec almost exactly the same for about 5 years.

Each raid would only add layers of complexity. Eventually you would need to be a god to produce good dps/hps.

The point is not that azerite is bad, the point is that we lost much more than we gained.

Azerite would have been perfect as a supplement to artifacts, and maybe tier sets, but instead they removed everything, and gave us something that does not even come close to replacing all of those.

For the next expansion i am hoping, more talents, 3 rows, they have made so many effects from tier sets to legendaries etc
 that they should have no trouble filling up 3 rows for each spec, and i want my artifact back, azerite can stay and be improved.

1 Like

I couldnt disagree more, azerite armor is terrible. How is RNG funny ?? Winning a lottery ?! Everytime you loose its so FUNNY ?? I’ll tell you one thing. Its fun when you are lucky. But i havent been lucky 1 time this far in bfa. So dont tell me its a good system. Scrap ALL of the RNG system, its POOR content. To keep players busy praying for the RNG gods to answer ur call wich will never happen. RNG is fine to a certain point like when u slay a boss and /roll for a loot and if you are lucky you can win. But when you need to rely on RNG to get titanforged upgrades, to get azerite armor with bis traits, from pvp weekly box, from mythic + box, from titan residuum vendor, its no longer funny. Open ur eyes, everything around u is RNG in bfa. Wich is insanely boring

You joking son? You know you can just straight up buy bis one?

1 Like

Yes you can buy a 415 piece once in a very long while, but lets not forget about the rest of the game okey. Weekly boxes from m+ and pvp, and titanforge procs. Its a sad story. But ill tell you one thing. I know the reason behind this poor design is because blizzard is working on classic. So they are focusing alot on that. Im sure next expansion will have alot more in store.

Because they are complaining whinebabies.
BFA suck but legion was AMAZING, they forget the artifact wep system, the grind, the slots of the weapon and the MINOR chances to get the bis item for it at a high ilvl. They forget the damn legendaries for each spec and they forget that you could not compete without having the BiS legendaries.
Also half of them or more have 0 clue how legendary items droped and how their chances where diminishing each item you where getting.

Legion was hell, all of it. Great expansion amazing lore but absolutely NON RL friendly.

BFA is GODLIKE. I can buy the azerite piece i want, or ask a guildie to give it in the raid IF he/she dont want it. Thats it.