Why people hate the azerite system ?

Too much RNG gambling to get the traits you want.

I hate Azerite because it is just another attempt from Blizzard to put a band-aid over the massive holes classes have received over the past 5 years.

Of course it was technically the same with Artifact weapons but they did a way better job at concealing these holes so the base class design in Legion was essentially the same garbage but Blizzard used prettier band-aids.

I will always hate these temporarily systems until Blizzard decides to actually fix the foundation of each class which is their baseline toolkit, they should take WoltK, Cata or preferably MoP as base and build up from there, even in WoD some classes still had a good toolkit to work with.

Actually there is on thing Azerite Armor does way better than Artifact Weapons:
making even some of the most casual players realize how bare bones classes are and maybe that alone makes it better than the Legion iteration because with all the complaint we actually could see some changes in blizzard’s Philosophy in like 3 expansions or so.

1 Like

aslo costs insane amount of gold after a while if you wanna respec your traits

1 Like

I would not be actually bad if YOU use your brain and actually understand what i said above.

BFA is real life friendly, as WoD was. Now if some dont have an actual RL and they whine about more things to do in a game thats not my problem my friend :slight_smile:
Cheers

It’s and MMO you’re meant to grind, not have everything handed to you.

1 Like

You’ve not even grinded to 120. On a character that starts at 100.

But please, do tell us more about how we are “meant” to grind azerite gear for months on end. And continue grinding for off spec ones. And continue grinding for alt ones. And there off spec ones.

1 Like

Defending azerite and glorified it can only a person that had luck to get the one they wannt. Items are fine, acquiring them is fked up. Stuff that supose to make your class working shouldnt be simple put into rng.

Getting the gear has never been an issue as anyone could get the gear from WQ’s, assaults, and warfronts.

No wants the gear handed to them, it is the fact that you have to grind the AP to get the gear to fully reach its potential or to get certain rings activated that is the problem.

This necessary grinding to empower weapons started in Legion, where we had the artifacts. The only difference between Legion and BFA is that in Legion, you had a really great individualized class hall story and quests to complete that was tied to your class. So you were motivated to do the grind.

Azerite is not that exciting, sure it is a blue looking weird rock, does that excite anyone to go out and grind it? Not really.

1 Like

The trait system is nice and could have been an awesome alternative to tier sets.

The way it was handled is not.

First of all there are classes who have to use traits in order for their class to function in their baseline acceptable state. This is not ok. Things like the PW: Radiance trait shouldnt exist and the “QoL” part should have been baseline.

Then, there’s the trait selection being completely up to the hands of the devs instead of the player.

I didnt know Lifespeed is an actual Azerite Trait till I played a druid, because it doesnt exist in any priest items. I only have Overwhelming Power available in only 1 piece and can never hope to 3/3 stack it.

Likewise, some classes can stack 6/6 optimal traits, whereas others have to be all over the place in every other row to stack a single 3/3.

Azerite traits should have been like essences and allowed players to switch them in and out to their liking.

People would call it Glyphs 2.0 but at least it would be more fun to work with.

1 Like

But because you are willing to spend endless grind time to get good azerite pieces, does not mean that everyone should. Moreover, I think people should play for fun and quality story lines not for grinding items.

There are so many patronizing stuff in your posts, leave people to have opinion and do not categorize them. It is not related to the topic. The difference between artifact weapons and azerite items is so huge in both ways - how it feels and how it was done.

1. The weapons were legendary items with high emotional value. For example, Ash-bringer was a weapon of the greatest paladin of all time. You want it, you feel it. And despite the relics, you still has it as everyone else.

2. behind the weapons you had whole class society and story line. It builds a connection and enjoyment. You receive the weapon for sure, you become part of something. Here - you need to grind raids and dungeons to buy some piece and rely on luck if wont be complete trash.

Cuz is a pointless grinding system. more useless and grindful than the average mechanics in-game.
Grind just to grind.

1 Like

so with MOST people, the problem is with the grind ?
im trying to think of something in wow on any expansion that does not require grind. cant think of any.

all is grind in wow. But Azerite is the “GRIND”.

1 Like

I play outlaw in m+, assa in 2s/3s and sub in 2s. I need to constantly grind new gear/traits and also reforge occssionally or sacrifice 15ilvl. Just allow free reforging and i wouldnt mind. Specs change massively with some traits. Just seems pretty poorly done.

1 Like

It doesn’t however. Not in any meaningful way.
If the abilities were on par with what the Legion Legendaries had, sure, that would have gone a long long way. But the abilities they have now hardly impact your rotations or way of playing.

Tbh, I don’t get the RNG gambling issues people have. There’s only RNG involved when you buy a certain token. The drops and all, they’re set.

Personally hate this random power progression. Rather the neck had a talent tree in it and you unlock more points with the azerite neck progression for use in the tree. It give purposeful progression instead RNG progression.

I really wish they had added a 120 talent option as well.

1 Like

Its 10 times easyer to get the right azerite pieces than legion legendaries + weapon relics. Plus on top of that not getting the absolute BiS doesnt make you useless as legion did. Thats why system is very good.

When you are acting like a whinebaby and someone points it out its not patronizing, its just like seeing a blue car and calling it blue while a “dreamer” wanna call it red.

Useless emotian value items in my bank that remind me of how foolish i was to waste endless hours of my life just for it.

Already said, lore was great. The artifact + legendary system of legion was bad. Non RL friendly and you find it… Patronizing…

I really don’t hate it, probably because I’ve never been privy to apparently awesome legion, however, when you get 2x same 415 item on 2(!) chars things start to get a bit “are you fcuking with me right now?”.

On warrior I only wanted to change 1 trait, the rest are nice and I got the same helm, no biggie, I’ll survive with that aoe overpower trait.

But on the priest, least geared, least played, getting an absolute trash 415 helm 2x in a row…hmmmmm, there should really be some sort of protection installed which would work against you getting same items twice.

That said, yesterday I bought a 415 chest for my mining DH and it was an improvement in every sense over the 400 I had. Main traits same, third row had iirc swirling sands crit trait instead of azerite veins trait. I picked mastery and leech tho, because both my trinkets on DH give crit procs.

Because Azerite pieces were meant to replace;
-Tier Sets
-Legendary items
-Artifacts and Netherlight Crucible
-Offer meaningful ways to personalize your toon

And it kinda falls short on everything else, but being a (very bad) version 2.0 of Netherlight Crucible.
No wonder people are tiny bit cranky towards Blizzard.

Some people, like myself, I’m angry because very many people tried to tell them during the (kinda late stages) Beta, that this system will not work.
And their reaction was just to shut up and don’t even try to have a conversation.

Class design, item design is very bad in BfA, that leads into very bland and shallow gameplay, that leads into people not wanting to play.

It’s easy to play bad content if you have fun with your class (like in WoD), but when everything is bad, classes, world content, dungeons, it just turns into a chore.

1 Like

Hence why i said I like the concept, but not how it acctually works atm.