Why so few class changes this expansion?

You’d think with what a bad state class design in their would be more then ever, theirs still a bunch of specs like sub tht have been awful since the release but next in 8.2 they’ve barely made any changes. I know its only the first build but I’m betting they maybe add 1 or 2 more changes. in Legion in every .5 patch they made a decent amount of changes

1 Like

I didn’t play Rogue competitively, but wasn’t Subtetly the strongest talent back in Legion, being strong throughout the whole content?

While we can certainly agree that now was the worst possible time to stop, I’m actually glad they’re slowing down a little bit, because the class changes they did make were annoying, ridiculous, and poorly thought out.

Warning: Rant ahead

I would argue that them changing the classes all of the time is what got us into this mess in the first place. They took perfectly decent and working classes, took out their core, changed them all up to have their specs so distinct from each other there’s practically no class identity left, removed their quests and uniqueness from one another, and they did this repeated. They removed systems, added systems, changed hundreds of things that didn’t need changing, etc. etc. and in the meantime, Demon Hunters are completely ruining RBG’s for the 3rd year in a row because of literally 1 talent that doesn’t even exist in PvE.

What exactly am I supposed to think at this point? At this point I practically get a nervous breakdown every single time I do see a hotfix note.

Why did Feral enter into BfA being completely and utterly worthless to the point where I actually struggled killing one mob at a time at level 120 because my Rake was ticking for 140 damage, only for it to be changed 4 weeks later into actually being decent, only for my priest partner to get nerfed into the ground 4 weeks later, only for him to reroll monk because it was suddenly FotM, so we got to 2.5k MMR (but sadly only 2320 or so rating) in 2v2, only for Blizzard to nerf both ferals and monks into the ground 2 weeks before a season ended, just so we could fall off a cliff edge, while doing nothing about the other insanely broken comps rampaging through 2v2 and 3v3, not to mention RBG’s?

That BS made me so frustrated I haven’t stepped foot into an arena for all of S2, despite the fact that I had been playing PvP literally since the honour system was a thing in vanilla WoW. Was this rapid-fire set of changes really necessary?! I just cannot be bothered with this sort of nonsense - my life’s too precious for it.

And all of these changes are made no less obnoxious by the fact that they’re hidden half the time - as in the tooltip says one thing, but because of a slew of hidden buffs and nerfs rampaging all over all the classes, it actually doesn’t do what it said at all, but something completely different.

The game is so full of hidden buffs and nerfs to nearly every class, that Blizzard often come out in the middle of a season going like “Oh woops, there was a hidden change here we forgot to remove now that we nerfed the spell in general. Oopsie woopsie, our bad.” And then they change it, and then the spec somehow breaks and becomes either insanely OP or insanely UP, and then they gotta change it again.

The PvP is so volatile and poorly documented, that Blizzard somehow haven’t found themselves the time to actually make the in-game UI display diminishing return category debuffs on the target, let alone actually make the tooltips say that they last less time on players and what category they’re in. You have to get addons and look it up on external websites, and this system has been changed dozens of times throughout the years and was first introduced 13 years ago.

And the latest fad is balancing all the specs around their single target damage, causing all the AoE specs and multi-DoT specs to completely dominate, because they get that for free on top of their decent, or sometimes even best, single target damage and their utility, which isn’t balanced, either.

How did we go from “rogue combo points are on the target to prevent instant swap into stun” to “rogues can stun you for 6 seconds from a distance, have the best utility for M+, have the highest AoE in the game, and still have good single target” and yet still I come hjere on the forums only to see a rogue complain about lack of class changes because he wants a buff to another spec, which is only non-viable because one of his other specs are so blatantly broken it just ruined the entire MDI tournament and therefore nobody is running Subtlety!

Doing more class changes is not the solution, I’m telling you! The solution is to take a step back and actually think for a few months about the changes that are being made, test them properly, and stop hotfixing BS into the game at every possible opportunity.

/rant

2 Likes

They were too busy developing rand() function for lootboxes.

So what? A spec was strong once so it should suck after, great logic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.