Why we can get only 2 pages per Vision run?

Hi,
I would like to know, why is there a limit for pages per run ? I mean as for now, Im forced to do 4x the same content in row to get a cloak upgrade. Isnt that just stupid ?

Who thought its good idea ? I just did my third run and Im soooo f*ckin bored.

Repeat after me, and it’s Blizzard’s favourite thing in the world outside multiple layers of RNG;

"TIME GATING"

7 Likes

I mean yea and no.
If they changed it to 1 page for every district and made the key more expensive, it would work exactly same for Time Gating.

It would be more logic to get 1 per chest, there no reason to keep it lock behind Medium since everyone unlock Elite extermination/Titan gift and run trought full vision with ease.

I Wouldnt call it time gating, considering the content that the CLoak is designed for has already been downed. therefore all Levels of the cloak after that point arent realistically needed.

the cloaks further progression is to make the fight easier to slowly let People clear it easier, which is realistically what is timegated… but it wouldnt make much sense if Nzoth heroic became faceroll before the release of LFR Nzoth would it :stuck_out_tongue:

nothings gated behind the Cloak realistically…

1 Like

And then people would complain about the cost of the vessel and the cycle continues. Perhabs they can change it so that when you log in, you get everything automatically in the mail.

Ha,Ha funny…
Your comment makes no sense, think about it.
If you have enough mementos lets say 40000, then it doesnt really matter if you buy 4 keys to make 4 runs or 2 keys to make 2 runs, because in the end, you will have 8 pages and exactly same rewards.

The way I read it was that you want the most things out if it with the least effort. If you don’t like visions, that’s obviously ok. If you want more challenge, run it with masks. The reason why it’s “time gated” is understandable, since the cloak is very powerful.

And a blizzard dev to knock on the door and explain what the bloody hell they are thinking with their designs since WotLK onwards.

1 Like

I guess some people prefer having nothing to do besides pvp and raiding and on average get 1 piece of loot per week. The pinnacle of wow design.

1 Like

My best guess would be that it’s in the spirit of fairness. That casual players don’t end up having to farm more vessels than others because they aren’t able to do the full clears yet. However they could have just made it two runs for the upgrade instead then IMO. Why make us go four times.

The only upside is the load of mementoes we’ll grab while doing it.

1 Like

Isnt it stupid to upgrade your cloak? You will lose it in Shadowlands anyway :stuck_out_tongue: There is no point to farm this ****.

2 Likes

People would’ve cried they can’t do 4 districts in one run and flooded the forums.

Imo it’s ok the way it is now, I’m playing at a good pace of 1 run/ day and can’t say I’m stressed out or anything.

Overall the design of bfa has improved slightly with 8.3, my only grief is pruning, class design and corruption+vendorless gear. Ironically these sum up to 80% of the game -_-

You are taking me out of context.

I just explained that it’s so that it’s fair across the board. That a better solution would have been just letting us do two runs ie only require four pages. Maybe my intention with lesser runs and four pages was not clear.

Missed that, my bad.

But then activision would’ve cried muh metrics.

Yea, thats valid point. :smiley:

I’m disgusted by this gating thing. I cleared all 4 areas and killed the boss last week but all I got was 2 pages hahah, my daily playtime went down to 1 hour from 4-5 hours recently because of such things… and I will stop playing completely when my gametime expires. I don’t have time for such bs.

1 Like

I think I thought it was implied. So my bad completely.

It made sense in my head :rofl:

1 Like

It should absolutely be one page per district. That not only preserves their obsession with time gating content, but also rewards players who were able to complete more districts that were expected of them.

It admittedly blows my mind that this was not the obvious option to go with, but I am not a fly on the wall when these design meetings happen.

2 Likes

Come to think about it, i can agree to it a bit. But I would change it to the same objectives, but needing masks for it, so it remains a proper challenge.