Why were Shrine of Two Moons capital portals removed?

And then they shard us because there are too many of us :grinning::yum:

2 Likes

actually that would be a well-known technique: create a problem then introduce the solution for it - and you will be the hero :wink: :tinfoilhat:

They do tend to not so subtlety nudge people back onto the ā€œapproved behaviourā€ rails if they deviate with ā€œemergent behaviourā€.

Tricksy little lab rats, subjects, sorry, valued customers!.

2 Likes

Oh my, what are you talking about? Thereā€™s literally so many freaking portals all around, I personally have 6 items in my bag plus all the wormholes. I port to legion Dalaran and thereā€™s another 10. My druid dreamwalks and whoops another 6. Every place in this game is available to me in two to three loading screens. I for one welcome the consolidation of portals to one place.

The only gripe I have is the Cata leftover of Stormwind/Orgrimmar being the main hub. Which is also not a fking conspiracy theory as much as them being lazy and not bothering with changing the ā€œold contentā€.

Blockquote[quote=ā€œIggwilv-draenor, post:12, topic:16300ā€]
Itā€™s been years since anyone whispered me for a portal.
[/quote]

This is the saddest thing Iā€™ve read about Warcraft in recent times.

How absolutely obnoxious of them to remove those portals. Boralus is a nice capital hub and all but why shouldnā€™t people go elsewhere if they choose to? It just seems to me like theyā€™re forcing people into one place in order to make the game seem more populated.

1 Like

I personally feel that every capital city should have a portal room, AH, barbershop, bank, pvp and guild vendors. If the capital cities do not have these, why label them capital cities?

2 Likes

What players consider to be nice things arenā€™t always good things for the game.

Not that a puny change like this is going to salvage this scrapheap.

Exodar and Silvermoon dont have flying, so its harder to get around.
IF looks lovely. i dont know why its not given more love.
TB is so close to Org, its better to go to Org
Darn is too far from anything to be useful, even though its only alliance city in kalimdor.
Old Dalaran, there is no portal straight there anymore? but its middlish to all WotLK raids except EoE. (not including ring or mage portal)
Shat is handy as its middlish of outland.
Shrine is handy as its middlish of pandaland.
Garrisons are too far west (horde) or east (alliance), but i spose Draenor is quite small.
boralus isnā€™t too bad from what ive seen, but people may have issue with lag
great seal is terrible for getting places without flying.

an idea might be like mentioned above, a portal room in each city from every expansion. or even just one portal in each city, with options to every portal location when you click, like the engineers WotLK portal generator.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.