Will Frost and Blood be viable for Heroic Raids and Mythic+ in 9,1?

Pretty much what the title says,
Will they be viable for 9.1 ? From what I saw Frost is not getting any buff on 9.0.5 especially two handed frost.
I wanna gear up my DK for heroic raids and mythics 10> but I just can’t stand Unholy gameplay at all.
What do you think?

1 Like

cant say about frost, but why wouldnt unholy be?

i defo sugest giving it a second look at unholy.

currently unholy has so many perks that they would have to heavy nerf or change how unholy works or utility now to make it less apealing.

unholy in raids is so good to deal with mechanics, being the top 3 dmg sources, apoc ghouls, pet and death coil, unholy isnt really affected by downtime unlike other classes.
unholy has some really nice defensives to remain alive to give a breath to healers. a few mechanics can be cheesed/negated with deaths advance, AMS, IBF. death pact (even sac pact which i use in dungs ofen for aoe) are good emerengcy heals
and last but not the least, AMZ is a powerfull raid CD on a 2min cooldown suplementing the healers vs raidwide dmg
unholy also has the best execute in the game atm in soul reaper

1 Like

blood problem currently is not about raids, its basicly m+ where it lacks

blood is probably one of the safest tanks for a raid (ie predicatble dmg)

same as above mention CDs, rune tap is great for predicatble dmg spikes
their self heal makes it self sustain when not active tanking
with streghnt scaling so will the base armor, which will not reach deminishing returns as fast as other tanks (this for 9.1)

for m+, 10s should be doable, as mentioned above, armor will go up. still unless they lower autoatack dmg of fortified mobs in dungs we will have to kite alot.

HOWEVER, they are buffing our legendary for DRW, in other things the important part is each bone will reduce DRW cd by 5 secs, so 12 bones will drop 1 min CD, this will alow blood to have DRW up for every pac of mobs, unlike now where sometimes u are there 10-15secs waiting

No idea about frost but blood is a great m+ tank unless you are currently doing 22+ keys which I assume you are not.

Blizzard is the “Frost spec” genocider. On 3.3 wotlk patch Frost 2H was viable for Arena and PvE they nerfed. On 4.0.3 Cata Frost was perfect again and then after 1 patch they nerfed it to the ground hell even added 1.5 sec cast on Hungering Cold.

Afterwards, Frost become available again on WoD first patch Highmaul and then they butchered spec again while pushing it to dual wield force only.

Admit it, Blizz wants dps go to spec as Unholy and they are butchering Frost whenever they find a opportunity.

My ps : Players should get whatever they want (not in Overpowered way) because they are the customers. Not the company wants.

1 Like

if you want to do heroic and +10s then u can play frost

you dont need to be an overpowered class for ur guild to do hc

1 Like

As far as blood is concerned in raids it’s a very good tank. From healers POV it may look spikey but thats just the way BDK works.

Also you have 40% dmg reduction below 30% HP and 60% with rune tap. So as a DK even if you are at 30% HP your effective HP is still at 60-70% of your total HP and 1 deatj strike will put you back to almost full again.

1 Like

I found my Frost DK quite good in M+… huge cleaves… using the Night Fae covenant that gives Death due… get the Lego for the head and you get 15% haste when you stand on it (spam it every 30 sec for 10 sec), it will quite frequently fear adds on it (helping dmg mitigation for the tank) and the best it duplicates every obliterates to a second add (and granting you like 8% strength and 100 or so mastery)… so during your burst (quite frequent with frost) you get a load of haste and damage. I am not one of the best player but really often top DPS
Though in single target it is another story there… and in pvp as well… still a pale shadow of what it used to be…

if ur fae you should use korayn, the dude is op dps soulbind in m+, its like having 2 extra cds for each pack

I just cant stand Unholy gameplay with so many CDs it takes all the fun away. Coming from warrior, unholy seems so clunky while frost is way more fluid.
I know though that unholy dmg is godly. Many times i missclick festering strike twice and then i have to wait for runes. I dont like this gameplay tbh.

oh i forgot, unholy also has the best execute in the game atm in soul reaper

I am necrolord with my dk.
Yeah cleave and aoe aint bad with frost tbh but single target it just doesnt pump numbers plus the BOS build is kinda annoying

Frost is very much viable. As a DK you would still have some of the best raid utility in the game. The only thing you would have to deal with is people asking why you’re not playing unholy.

Also, every spec in the game is viable for heroic raiding.

1 Like

dual wield frost that is right? 2h is still bad?

2h is decent but dual wield just beats it by having 2 runes, oblit build that is.

Frost and bdk performs totally fine for what you want to do

I actually think frost will be ok in the next patch. From what I’ve seen from warcraftlogs Frost slowly rises with dps ranking per ilvl so I think if we would have around 240-250 ilvl gear its possible frost will actually be pretty good.

Frost is already “viable” because it is less than 5% behind unholy on single target and ahead of it on two target cleave in some cases. With current gear levels what you play literally doesn’t matter for heroic raiding and M+ as long as you aren’t bad at it and have the correct legos. The difference is less than 200 DPS, which is why Blizzard are likely reluctant to making any changes to frost.

If the spec gets any buffs it will be the go-to spec for DK raiding. If not it is probably still going to be fine unless there’s some raid mechanics that prevent frost from being able to function in 9.1. UH is still likely going to be the go-to spec for min-maxing though, especially depending on the length of fights (it’s hard to beat beat two Armies if the fight is like 4-5 minutes long).

DW is simming higher than 2H by quite a lot, but I can’t confirm this in practice as I don’t have two one-handers that are worth using.

Blood is viable for mythic raids not just heroics. It is also way better tank in dungeons than it was in BfA. Only problem is it kinda deals very low damage.

what leggo would you suggest for Frost and Blood?