Will regular disconnects be fixed?

Since patch 8.3.7 there are constant regular disconnects (WOW51900319), around once in an hour. Troubleshooting steps did not help at all. In-game activity has nothing to do with it, just got DC from character creation screen. I can’t level up my new characters, as I get DC from dungeons, and by the time I get back team already kick me out. There are 2 months until Shadowlands, I want to level my alts. I can’t do any other fun in-game activity. Not a pet battle, not a trial of style, not a rare farming - I can DC anytime, and miss/lose whatever fun I was trying to get.

Last year, my friends got similar problems, from what I remember, blizzard has set timeout on IP range that belonged to their internet provider. Is there a way to check if my IP got somehow into the list with some kind of timeout? Or into a list with DDoS scare? No other apps detect any problems with my internet connection, so it must be on blizzard side. I do not have neither Beta nor Classic.

Problem was reported about a month ago, it is critical, it does not allow players to play a game. Can it be fixed? What info should I provide? I did not have problems before 8.3.7., and it has been over a month already.

4 Likes

I’m having this issue as well. Strange thing is, someone else on my home network is NOT having this issue with WoW… ISP is fine. The internet itself is not dropping out else everyone in my house would be having trouble. I’ve troubleshot (?) my router and followed your help articles with no joy. I can’t see anything at my end that would cause this.

I was informed, last year when I had a number of 51900319 errors, and asked for a definitive meaning of that error code, that its actually a pretty generic error, with lots of possible causes.

As it is a “generic error”, I doubt it will ever be totally fixed, as it can be caused in a lot of ways.

I was informed, last year when I had a number of 51900319 errors, and asked for a definitive meaning of that error code, that its actually a pretty generic error, with lots of possible causes.

Thanks for that, changed title to be a bit more descriptive

I gets it to ;( Is annoying

So, Blizzard? Any updates on whether or not it will be fixed?
It gets better if I use VPN, but you know, who wants to pay for a subscription AND a VPN, not to mention that it slows the game.

Hi Fadelien,

While we can see you mentioned completing troubleshooting steps, can you please check here and then get back to us listing exactly all the steps you’ve tried.

Please also create your system files and then upload them to somewhere like paste bin so we can take a look and try and figure out what could potentially be causing the issue for you :slight_smile:

Hi,
About troubleshooting, I did every step:

1. I exited WoW, and renamed all 3 mentioned folders to turn addons/settings off.
  2. I turned off my router (and the computer), and did wait for it to turn off completely. It does not have battery.
  3. Did mentioned steps to renew IP and to flush DNS
  4. Updated driver (Radeon RX 570 Series). No problems with drivers were listed
  5. (not using wireless)
  6. I did disable everything on startup, and got disconnect with no other programs on (not even discord or chrome).

DxDiag: https:// pastebin .com/Hz52SXbf
MSInfo: https:// pastebin .com/GyKDvMuH
Sorry, seems like I cant enter proper links

As I already mentioned, using VPN helps to reduce DC count, but not does not completely removes the issue.

I hate to say it, if a VPN helps, then that STRONGLY suggests an ISP problem, as a VPN routes your traffic differently from your ISP’s routing.

1 Like

Well, ISP problems don’t usually start right after a patch, and they definitely don’t affect different people with different ISP. And if it was an ISP problem, it would usually affect more than one app.

Last year, Blizzards also did a patch (?), where they just marked one of our local ISP and all their IP range as… Unsafe? DDoS-prone? My friends were affected by it, they had very similar problem to mine - constant disconnects, and they investigated, turns out there was a timeout on the IP range that belonged to their ISP, and it was on Blizzard’s side.
In their case, VPN also helped (different IP = no timeout), but the problem must be solved with Blizzard (it never was).

I really suspect I am now affected by something similar, as there was nothing that was changed on my side, and for every single service/app internet is working just fine. I may be on a call in discord, and there is no single lag in this call, but I get DC from WoW at the same time.

Edit: just tested without VPN, opened WoW and was pinging yahoo on the background. While WoW got DC’d, ping showed 0% loss of packets.

Im from EU, but was playin on US classic server, no lags or dc’s, but when I came back to EU… Omg… lags, freezes. For the test I launched both EU and US regions. EU random freezes and disconnects (around once per hour). US servers works just fine.

So, I from another thread about the same problem someone suggested debugging with Pathping and WinMTR, so I did both:

WinMTR: pastebin .com/gQTRg8FL
There was also captured BLZ51901016 which I forgot to mention. BLZ51901016 occurs in 99% times when I try to reconnect immediately. I only can reconnect after about 2-5 minutes after a DC. All other programs/apps work just fine.

Here is a Pathping: pastebin .com/x0gVLefq but there was no disconnect at the times I had it running.

Hope this will help!

I’m having exact the same issue. After Disconnect I try to reconnect and immediately getting BLZ51901016. Also, Blizzard. com website / forum not opening too for about 1-2 minutes…

I have exactly the same problem and i have no clue what might cause them, just being randomly DCed, when i try to reconnect instantly - first attempt will be failure, second one always works. Resubbed not so long time ago, but at 8.3.5 i had no problems whatsoever

same thing , reported every detail i have been facing in the past month to tech supp , they said it’s a known issue and doing their best to fix it,
and i tested everything , from reformatting my pc to having just wow client running. i even upgraded my package to 200mb-D/50mb-U internet speed, made no difference.

I get the same problem.
Ever since the last patch, I get a disconnect every 2-20min with error 51900319.

It has been over a week since I posted WinMTR that has caught a disconnect and a BLZ51901016 issue. I really hope to hear from Blizzard, at least that someone is looking into this issue and is trying to fix it.
Is there anything else that I can provide/do to make debugging easier?
I still suffer ;(

yeah same problem here for the last few weeks :frowning:

Yep. here as well, I have never been so laggy and getting so many d/c than last 2 weeks.

yeah im still having same problems too, im not buying shadowlands until they fix this issue! i cant even run vision because of dcs