Will the twisting totem be allowed in burning crusade

I have an old memory of having read that it was not desired by the developers.

lets hope both seal and totem twisting isnt a thing.

3 Likes

Blizzard already said that they are making seal last for a while after the buff dissipates in order to keep the seal twisting mechanic.

Lets hope it is a thing, god forbid an enhancement shaman has more than 3 buttons to press. The totem twisting macro needs to be pressed every 10 seconds, other than that you only need to press stormstrike on cooldown and alternate shocks, that’s the entire gameplay…

Totem twisting is a key part of why Enhancement is fun, if you don’t have that the spec is just so braindead. Even when totem twisting Enhance is way easier to play than specs like Feral, any Warrior spec, any Rogue spec. And the story for Ret is the same, without seal swapping it’s about as bland as plain wallpaper.

If you want to play a braindead spec then stick with warlock and let other people have fun, if you remove twisting those specs become less desired too. I would rather Blizzard go back to #nochanges than allow people like you to ruin it.

Lots of stuff wasn’t desired, it got fixed/changed in WOTLK. How did they fix it? By combining the agility totem with the strength totem and making Windfury a passive 20% haste buff, allowing you to have both Windfury and Agility at the same time without twisting.

But they also made Enhancement much more complex in WOTLK, and thus far more interesting/engaging to play.

1 Like

only on a wow forum can someone get so triggered over someone talking away.

2 Likes

Well if you’re going to so casually state something that would have a big impact on the game, why not justify that with a reason why you think that should happen?

Think your opinions through before you casually throw them out there.

Big impact.

Ok.

1 Like

So you don’t have a reason then? You just came in and thought “that sounds like an elitist gameplay trend so I don’t like it and it should go”? Nice.

I’m sorry i’ve used up all my forum time for the week. I just don’t have the energy to argue about seal swisting etc.

I don’t think that having latency related skill weaves like this add ANY sort of flavour to the game. I stand by that.

If your idea of fun is pressing 3 buttons instead of 1 in a 10 seconds then good for you.

Also, i’ve made a post and you happen to be sat online waiting to get into some of debate about it. You talk too much for me, don’t talk to me.

1 Like

Na dude I had a notification come through and I replied. I’m not asking you to argue I’m asking you to give your reason.

Windfury applies a 10 second buff to your MH weapon that auto refreshes after 10 seconds, once the buff is applied the totem does nothing for 10 seconds. Twisting is literally pressing a macro every 10 seconds.

What the heck is “latency based gameplay”? Is it doing world bosses on shadowlands on reset day? Because that’s latency based gameplay.

Why do you think it adds no flavor though?

I can’t talk for Shamans, yet Paladins get a lot from seal twisting while also risking to diminish their output a lot if they mess things up and you have to time things perfectly between weapon swings if you want to do good.

What part of it doesn’t sound flavourish or compelling?

I’ll reword my stance on it. It doesn’t sound interesting to me.

As a said before i’m kind of indifferent towards it, whats compelling about it? i mean honestly?

Personally I find compelling that I have to switch in that small window of opportunity in order to have the 2 mechanics active at once. It makes Paladins’ gameplay more similar to other melees that don’t have just to wait for one attack and then just auto hit.

In terms of performance is a high risk high reward mechanic that also needs to be managed in terms of mana.

About totem twisting. It’s one more thing to engage with in an otherwise overly simplistic spec, and the Shaman benefits by being able to have the agility totem up. If you’re not aware but Shamans gain nothing from the Windfury totem, they have Windfury weapon.

By twisting the Shaman gets the benefit of agility totem while also providing the group with Windfury. That allows the Shaman to do more dps, be more valuable to the raid while also adding a level of gameplay mastery beyond the very basic rotation.

1 Like

Yeah and its not fun, id rather they just broke it with the batching changes and that’s how i feel about it. This chat about it being engaging and high risk/high reward is laughable. It’s something you track on a weak aura thats like watching timers run down…because thats what it is.

What do you wan’t exactly? Me to just agree with you?

1 Like

Honestly, as a shaman player, I’d rather not have that.
Not because it is hard or easy, but because it is obviously an unintended mechanic that only relies upon the coding limitation that made windufury totem work by applying a short duration buff

2 Likes

You want them to remove something that people always talk about with excitement and fun just because you personally don’t like it. Just so we’re clear, “I think this gameplay isn’t fun so you should change the game for that”… Do you want to play Burning Crusade or do you want to play Wrath of the Lich King?

The batching changes have nothing to do with totem twisting, it’s not a clutch gameplay, you put the totem back down after 10 seconds and that’s it. There is no like special window you need to meet, you put it back down and it reapplies the buff, magic.

If Blizz change anything in TBC they need to be careful with it, not just willy nilly changing how a class plays, in the process nerfing that class. How is it even TBC then?

Have fun with your ban.

K troll. Looks like you run out of arguments and have to rely to the low IQ AI in order to feel better.

I’m not the one that losing his mind over a disagreement. This idea that weaving mechanics on top of each other not being universally adored has already been demonstrated by other posters in this very thread.

I suggest you go take a cold shower.