Will there be downtime when they add new realms?

Simple question. Might have been answered in the blue post already but I’ve just missed it.

I’ve been logged in game since this morning and just wondering if that was all for nothing lol.

(Punyelf) #2

The information I have seen:-

and

Launch

Pre-Launch Restarts

Will servers be brought down at some point before release or will players be able to sit at character select waiting for “Enter World” to activate?

We are likely to perform some kind of realm restarts or maintenance between now and launch. However, in the minutes leading up to launch, our plan is that the realms will up and available and the Enter World button will instantly light up once we’re launched.

Queue Times

Can you elaborate in any way on some on the expected queue lengths (preferably in length of time) at launch?

On the most popular servers, such as Herod and Shazzrah, we are currently estimating lengthy queue times - up to several hours or more in certain instances. That is why we strongly encourage players to use the name reservation period to transfer their characters and their guilds to lower pop realms.

Quoted from

I think Blizz said they will do a restart of all servers before launch, so yes, it was all for nothing. Whether that restart will be around 19.00 when the new servers get added or around 23.45 or both or some other times, noone knows.

Thanks guys! Still best day I’ve had for a while.

(system) closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.