Will there be GDKP in WOLTK

From what I know in retail blizzard has stopped M+ and raids boosting via banning community advertisers. The price was in game gold nothing illegal. then communities started to change their ways. instead of using advertisers and then forward the request to boosters. the advertisers became the boosters. After that blizzard banned and stopped that behavior even reported their discord servers and it were banned.

Know that.
Paying a certain amount of gold will grant you all loot that dropped for your spec. whether it’s a dungeon or raid.

And here brings the topic.
In TBC using the addon “LFG Group Bulletin Board TBC” enabling all raids. I find 30-50 posts all of them GDKP. which is the highest bidder wins with minimum value to specific items.

If blizzard didn’t take action on that behavior I feel sorry for communities.

2 Likes

Well whats stopping you from joining a guild and playing the game the way you want to?

3 Likes

My point isn’t about joining a guild or raiding. It’s about being boosted by using in game currency was banned in retail. GDKP is the same.

1 Like

Answer is yes, Blizzard is not interested about it at all.

They just like to ruin their games in every possible way.

5 Likes

GDKP killed classical wow

4 Likes

You need to check your facts because boosting is still perfectly okay to do. It’s the boosting communities that solely made boosting and advertising their activity that were banned. These guys borderline employed players and guilds to advertise and boost and some re-sold their gold for real money. That’s why they were banned.

A guild deciding to boost some people through the latest hc raid for gold and advertising this in the LGF tool is still ok.

They never banned boosting on retail.

They banned spamming advertisements through communities

You can still log on and sell a boost on retail, its just less annoying for those online as they cant spam advertising it and has made accessing it harder.

Correction here

Players like ruining the game, blizzard did not introduce boosting nor did they introduce GKDP runs either.

Players did both, and these communities will find ways around any obstacle blizzard puts in the path.

To add weather its ruining the game, is also very subjective as im fairly certain those doing it dont feel like their ruining their game. They likely think its better

Online games are a huge community all with different RL circumstances, all with different amounts of time they can dedicate to the game and all want to play their game in their own way.

And while you may highly disagree with what they do, they likely for their own reasons agree with such a system existing.

For me personally i find it very split.

Pve boosting i dont rly care about, it rly doesnt matter realistically.

Pvp boosting im highly against, as it generally is a smurfer boosting a paying player at the direct cost of other people’s ranks as they get thrashed.

Someone else will have their own perspective.

1 Like

That is just inaccurate. What was banned in retail was advertising for someone else if you were not in the boosting team and also cross realm boosting to some degree.
Basically the aim was to shut down organizations and leave it to serverwide groups only.

They can never get rid of gdkp because it doesn’t break any terms, and if they do add it, then guilds running dkp, ep/gp or any other points system will also break those terms.

gdkp was there even back in wotlk and as long as these communities don’t explicitly sell boosts but are looking for raiders to fill the spots, there’s no problem with that. There are still plenty of guilds and pugs using other loot systems

All near all anti-rdf arguments can be thrown against gdkps change my mind.

People I play with are already taking requests for powerleveling for gold … so yeah, there will absolutely be GDKPs …

Especially with the ID changes blizz is doing to raids …

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.