Will things get better or worse now? (Microsoft bought Activision Blizzard)

Any hopes for that one?

And I quote

“Players everywhere love Activision Blizzard games, and we believe the creative teams have their best work in front of them,” said Phil Spencer, CEO, Microsoft Gaming. “Together we will build a future where people can play the games they want, virtually anywhere they want.”

Enjoy WoW on the XBOX. I’ll expect even more pruning or rapid class design changes so itll support Controllers better. Perhaps they’ll even move towards higher GCD.

Guess that leak on WoW coming to Xbox wasnt fake a while ago.

1 Like

More Blizzard mobile games tho.

I don’t hope so. If that happens I am definately out. I could imagine though either separate XBOX Servers OR wow on XBOX only being playable if you connect a mouse and a keyboard to the console.

Anything else would be unacceptable and the backlash would be humongous.

2 Likes

Why would they care? If WoW has, lets say, currently 2 Million Subs, and would lose like one million, the massive income from Console Players with even more casual oriented focus would gain them more in the end.

Console Market is a lot bigger than PC, even if its just Xbox.

FFXIV shows it works well enough. Consoles are easier and more accessible than a Gaming PC. And nowadays their prices are still horrendous and also generally more expensive to obtain than a 300 - 400 € / $ Console.

1 Like

I mean, there are ways to play basically every class with a controller once you get used to the binds. You just bind 3 buttons to ctrl, shift and alt and you have about 42 binds with a standard controller.

I think most classes in arena though would be difficult but not impossible.

1 Like

Ofc they wouldn’t care. It’s just that i personally hope this won’t happen. Your points are valid enough to make me scared though. :sweat_smile:

I mean, you can look at this fairly easily:

Judging by their quote, they want the Games to be playable virtually anywhere.

But which Blizzard Games ARE NOT on Console already? D4 is announced to be alongside OW2, D3 & D2R is on Switch aswell as Consoles and so is Overwatch.

Diablo Immortal will unlikely go even to PC let alone Consoles due to its mobile focus, that leaves apart from the abandoned Starcraft and Heroes of the Storm only Hearthstone and WoW.

Hearthstone also makes little sense with mobile option, so theres just WoW on the current list of Games.

This is going to go Console. Perhaps we’ll even see it in the 10.0 reveal in the next weeks.

70 billions $ they bought it. Small indie company, that can’t even fix few bugs.

1 Like

Rather optimistic about it. The reason being WoW isn’t the only Blizzard game anymore, there are 6 others. Microsoft will be fully aware of the reception Blizzard received with Diablo mobile and I’d like to think they wouldn’t make such a drastic change as moving it to another platform.

Regarding WoW I think that we can expect something such as it being added to the Xbox game pass, and I would like to think that they will strengthen in the developer department.

1 Like

100% sure it will mean improvement for the game and the players.

edit:

Bobby Kotick to remain CEO. If this is actually true and not just a manouver before everything is finalized, then no it probably wont mean improvement.

1 Like

Yeah i saw this and initially thought the same. I didn’t go that much into detail though.

I so much hope you are right with everything you said.

Nice stock raise stunt Bobby. :money_mouth_face:

Microsoft has been pretty inspired regarding games lately so for now I think it’s a good thing.
It remains to be seen whether it will affect anything in game or not.

Inc WoW in Unreal 5. Atleast they have money to do it if they have the will and vision.

The thing that makes me optimistic is how Microsoft treats Age of Empires series. Both HD and DE for AoE II were fantastic. Literally they are “Warcraft III: Reforged” but done right. Improved AI - 15 or more new civilisations. New campaigns.

They gave players what they wanted and are praised now. AoE isn’t available on other platforms than PC either (even new AoE IV isn’t). The only thing that worries me is that Microsoft Games didn’t really make any PC games for years. They just recently became active when realized that reforged trend.

I mean message doesn’t sound optimistic but their recent games make me kinda optimistic.

1 Like

if they decide to put more ressources into development sure why not? WoW heavily needs more developers the amount of content we get is a disgrace.

i dont like to say it cant get worse but idk maybe the microsoft guys loved BFA and we get bfa like expansion back soon so im better quiet and hope it will turn out good.

i think games like overwatch, diablo, hearthstone etc. are easily adaptable for consoles(overwatch is already on xbox isnt it?)
WoW on the other hand wouldnt be worth to put on consoles.

i doubt that the xbox market is bigger than the pc market and the typical xbox games isnt really the type of guy who plays mmos.

i’m waiting for asmongold to put out a video so i can parrot his opinion on the subject like a good boy

It would be terrible, I have 54 binds just for combat and a handful of extra for useful nerd stuff