Win10 - can't get Wow Classic login to open to desktop from taskbar window

I have since today the following problem: When clicking on WoW Classic/Retail on my desktop, left click - run as administrator → the initial Blizzard login screen opens on desktop and I can log into battle.net. However the game Classic/Retail game screen (the one where it either says “Play” or “Updating” etc, then sits on my Win10 taskbar and does not open to desktop when clicking on it, which makes clicking the “Play” button impossible. I can Alt-Tab to see a mini-version of the usual WoW screen popping up, I can however not get the game to play from there.

Is this a Blizzard Problem or did I by mistake change any settings in Win10
I can launch other applications without problem from taskbar onto desktop

Many Thanks for help

Out of interest, does the same thing happen if you open the battle.net app directly? As you are opening via the World of Warcraft shortcut on the desktop, it could be causing some weird behaviour even though it’s eventually launching the app.

If the same thing happens when you launch the app directly through the start menu, get back to this thread with your system files. Once those files are generated, copy them over to a website like Pastebin and use the </> symbol when responding to the thread to provide the links.

That way we can take a closer look at your PC if we need to :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for reply. It only happens when I’m clicking on the desktop shortcuts for Classic and retail. When I go on right-click Battlenet - run as Admin everything is fine.

I was just wondering as everything went fine for the last month since classic start and it just changed after I installed “Population Zero Online” and tested this a couple of times.

Could be coincidence.

Possibly a coincidence for sure. We can only recommend launching the app directly though for a seamless experience as that’s the way we intend for the games to be launched.

Glad though things are working by launching the app directly :slight_smile: