Windwalker is disgustingly broken

Yes you can wtf. You think it’s a coincidence you have 11 WW in the top 100 ?

That is a huge exaggeration.

In Legion WW was so much more tanky. You could get away with soo much more. You have way less room in Bfa.

He gone
TP Heal gone
100% Karma gone

But i do miss Legion WW, but even more WoD WW. The loss of Sotw hurt. Other classes got their Artefact as a Talent. We didnt. I miss as our RSK was not only our biggest ST but also required to do damage as it gave 20% damage increase.

I miss the choice to sacrifice my Mobility for doing damage with WoD ChiTorpedo. I miss EB, ChiB, TEB.

I hate RoP, that WW got it. Imo WW should not have it but the other tools back.

I like that Expel harm made a comeback.

I hate how FoF is so easily outplayed. So much got funneled into it and it still cant do this job as it did in Legion.

Funny how it before was “WW has low represnetation because of only so few play it”

Yes WW is really good, but i dont think its on the level of FMage, Ele and Destru.

Its one step under them with Rogue, Shadow & Balance i guess.

I think other classes should brought up to that level of WW, Rogue, Owl, Shadow and maybe DK, while the upper 3 need a little tuning down way.

Oh man is it already 1 Year and you still come with your top 100 ?

What about DH the MOST broken Specc 8.1 ??

It had 100% of the DDs in the Top 2 !
It had 50% of all speccs in the Top 2!
It had 100% of all speccs in the Top 1!

These are facts !

You even now take 2s as an example. How bad is that ? Is that your last straw ?

Yes in 2s WW are one of the Top dogs of the level of Mage, Ele and Destro in 3s.

So suggest a nerf that hits WW in 2s without nerfing them in 3s. I would be completely fine.

Also as semi posted already. A Buff to the lacking speccs will also result in a nerf for WWs if they now die more often to others than now. Only a small one but you still then can go from that point and make adjustments again.

I hope you realise that half of us have no idea what RSK, Sotw, He, EB, ChiB, TEB or RoP means.

1 Like

He’s just a troll don’t mind him.

RSK = Rising Sun Kick. The Spell that does the MS.

In MoP and WoD it gave you +20% damage to the target. That also reduced the FoF damage to other targets by 20%. Because of that we needed the cleave Penalty now…

Sotw = Strike of the Windlord. Our Artifact.

WW is about not using the same move twice. It was a 40 seconds CD 2 Chi ability that did a lot of damage. Maybe equally to maybe Ret artifact ? It allowed for another spell to burst with because its really hard to mess up your buttons because everything that does damage has a CD and you press it on that anyway.

HE = Healing Elixiers. Procced for 15% of your Max health if you dropped below 35% iirc. 2 Stacks could also be used manually.
Helped a lot to not die in a Stun.

EB= Energizing Brew. Gave you 5 Chi on demand, your max, and filled your Energy. They destroyed it with BFA with GCD and only 2 Chi. Not useably anymore with the GCD change.

EB was merged from ChiB. ChiBrew had 2 Stacks and gave you 2 on demand Chi and iirc 2 stacks of TEB. 30 seconds CD. The Chi part was merged into EB.

TEB was Tiger Eye Brew. It could stack up to 20. You could remove any amount of stacks up to 10 and gained 2% damage increase for every stack.

You gained stacks for spending Chi. So the more Chi you spend the higher was the uptime on 20% damage increase. You had low damage outside of it.

The trade off was if you would be kited or in a situation you could not focus on damaging that your damage would be really low.

I liked that trade off.

RoP = Ring of Peace.

Can you talk with your Mirror elsewhere ? We dont need to see your talking to yourself.

Weird, I’m pretty sure we’re posting, not talking.

here is the thing you can nerf ww dmg–> every melee player will reroll to the next highst dps class --> you only face strongest melee+ x+x. the only way to fix this is to give melees utility back so that they are no longer dmg bots

2 Likes

Since when is 2v2 an indicator for anything? There are 5 SV Hunter within the Top 20 in 2s. So SV is broken and should be nerfed? How would this end in 3s?

You may not like to hear, but the problem with 2s is, that they can’t balance it. They never could and never will be able to. That’s what they realized a long time ago (like wotlk) and why they removed title and anything from 2s.

They brought it back now with bfa, but you are still not able to get Gladiator this way!

In PvE, yes. Because in PvE WW Monk is literally low tier now with BfA.

You mean blizzard to admit defeat in regards to which direction they are taking pvp tuning?

:rofl:

Good one. But i agree with you.

They have reined supreme for months now, as a Warrior i only have the luxury of being great and top tier for 1 week max before the nerfbat comes down hard, always hard.

Yeah its tiering to face WW or immortal wizard cleaves every game. But yeah WW is just so broken right now its not even funny, 15 sec CD Parry which does insane damage, who thought this was fine?

They took our moblity, they took our root, they took our MS, they took our jobs. They’ve had their fun its our turn now.

it’s really easy to ‘’‘counter’’’ (not counter but make life much easier for yourself) a ww as warrior, they’re annoying af to face but there are a few things you can do to make the game infinitely easier for yourself.

fortunately there are no wws in 2v2 anymore, you either play mage destro or hunter and you play with a hpala or a rdru or you don’t waste your time even queuing up

Sorry, but that’s not true. You are allowed to faceroll for a few weeks before you getting nerfed to balanced. Arms is maybe having hard times right now, but seems like Blizo is still able to get top10, so Warrior can’t be that bad.

Hmm?! ^^

1 Like

seriously go play 2s, i’m not sure what it’s like around 2k to 2-2 or lower but above 2.2 with 62 games played this week i’ve queued into exactly zero monks of any spec.

from those 62 games it seems to be that you have the choice of hpala or rdru for healer and mage/hunter/dlock/dh as dps. If you don’t pick out of those two sets then you’re going to be in for a painful q session

you seem to have been lucky/unlucky( depending on PoV) then, qued around 25 games last night at around 2.4ish mmr and we literally met 5 different windwalkers playing restodruid windwanker, or windwanker mistweaver

also not to be rude but could it be possible that you´re a little biased since you´re pretty much only playing windwalker now, seems like every thread somebody starts mentioning thats a windwalker friendly meta you pop in and try to make a point that they´re not :slight_smile:

that’s odd because i queued for literally like 3 hours last night at 2.4 and didn’t meet a single monk :stuck_out_tongue:

but ye overall ww sustained damage is a little high, i’d pref it if they became more of a setup based spec again but until they get short incap and fist stun back it doesn’t really look like that’ll happen.

at least ww monks are relatively easy to kill compared to everything else that’s in the meta rn like warlocks, sps, rdrus etc

This is not the only way. The other way, is to just balance properly and not make one class/spec overly dominant. If the margin in power level is small between the classes, people will play what they prefer.
Currently WW is far above most other melee, whoever is not playing ww is usually on a dk or rogue in rmp.
While you might be right more utility is good, forget about it, this is most probably not the direction the game will go and I it is getting tiring people talking about it instead of accepting the reality, move ahead and think about solutions in the current state of the game.

Since it gives loot.

If a class could faceroll 10+ it would also be a problem.

I don’t know, that’s Blizzard’s problem to fix. They should have separate balancing for 2v2 and 3v3 but as long as 2v2 is a thing and gives gear it shouldn’t be beyond broken.

It was far more balanced during TBC and WOTLK.

I don’t care about glad, I only pvp to gear up for mythic raiding. And just like raids and dungeons are sort of balanced ( in that every class has a viable spec it can clear on ) so should 2v2, as it’s a source of loot and AP. If a class in PvE did massively better than others it would be nerfed.

There’s no Census that shows you how many PvE and how many PvP. Monk is by far the least played class in the game, trailing 1-2% behind every other.

The fact that WW/MW are so represented at high rating is because they re overtuned.