Wintergrasp bg

I lost 7 or so Wintergrasps on the attack side during the first weeks and since then I always leave when I end up on the attack. I mean, sorry to those who stay, but I am not going to endure this again, they have to fix it.

Rage quitting at the start of the round is down the player. The problem is the players themselves. Ask yourself how 20 players can get wiped so quickly on the first encounter then quit because it didn’t go the way they wanted.

The main problem that Wintergrasp is too long, have outdated mechanic. Before it’s released as epic its should have been redesigned at least like Ashran.

2 Likes

The attackers (alliance) need the time to regroup after losing the first encounter with the horde. A good amount of honor is awarded if you lose or win.

IMO there is shouldn’t be rewards for just AFK or for taking part. Attackers still can win, its doable. But numbers of AFK players is too hight to do this. Even in ranked BGS on low MMR 1700-1900 players frustating when facing more geared players or a equal or better team and ready to give up at start, do a lot of mistakes. Even more glad to get free rating. This game community awfull at PvP. When i played early versions of swtor there was zero rewards if u lost the game . Actually its motivated to play better and grp up with players, there was PvP guild, players was vocal and want to play with each other. WoW is about grind - better to AFK.

1 Like

Most AFK’er are either rubbish bots or horde/alliance chat spies or checking map movement. I’ve started getting server disconnections while playing some maps, so yeah…

I make a good effort for the initial pushes on attacking side, but once I see my team get wiped a few times and overwhelmed with vehicles I pretty much just give up and AFK it out as well. really not worth the 20+ minutes of focus as soon as the defenders show any sign of life idk.

I win few times as attacker when u said 25 times fight at flag and move as a team, but its rare - most of players just move with team stay somewhere 250 meters away and wait how its ends, than backpedal and AFK. But mostly i preffer just exit if i’m attacker, coz its impossible to force AFK players to do something.
And btw i lost not 1 time in def, when the whole tema AFK at castle and move with vechiles, while 10-12 attackers did all the job. And they even not think to return and help to defend - they are fine to AFK.

1 Like

I don’t understand why someone would queue up for a battleground, click the button to enter, then just stand there the entire match. The small amount of honor they get isn’t even worth it.

1 Like

Someone will win BG for them, thats why its 50/50.

PLS remove this bg from the game!!! :broken_heart: That’s all.

You dont like to be bored for 40 mins? Weird :rofl:

This bgs is horrible i agree…only thing worse is this island crap from bfa

Wintergrasp is one of the better BG maps. It’s fun, if you know how to that is. The players are the one’s who make it a bad experience for everyone else.

The main problem at the start is, the attackers most time tend to use a path that leads them into the range of the southeast Towerguns, so i dont wonder why we allways get stomped aways at the first clash at sunken ring. But it seems too hard to understand for them NOT to go from the northern entrance into sunken ring.

Also people giving up to early, RPGGs are not used as much as they could. U can even destroy the towerdefense with it.

2 Likes

Tbf the range of the tower turrets are kinda stupid over all… They can hit into the right machine shop which is a bit overkill imo

4 Likes

Thats true…they should have a shorter range, they are for defense of the Fortress not for defense of the workshop

4 Likes

i don’t understand why they removed sota just to bring this mess of a bg back.

before sl, defense couldn’t win, now defense can’t lose.

delete wintergrasp, bring back sota <3

4 Likes

pls let us blacklist bgs again so i dont have to waste 30 mins of my life waiting for this bg to end for little honor on offense

2 Likes

This is the funniest thing for me, yeah we decided to remove sota because yeah siege bg is not pvp and siege are to important. 2 Patches later, yeah you know what 1k winter is back you member? WOTLK member? So fun yeaahhh

For me there are 2 points why i leave instant if i am on attack. First is that i saw the last time the attack wins months ago, even if the start fight isnt that good defender win. I had bgs where i would have said the enemy were far better in the fight at the start, but hey we had the siege right behind us aaaannd won.

Second make some way to end this way quicker. If attackers gets dominated make a early win for defenders possible, like destroyed all 3 towers and hold all bases for 1 min or something. It is super frustrating to bear this 30 min as attacker and for defender it is super borring too, just with the trade of of a nice win.
If attackers storm the castle it is over soon, why not a possibility for defenders too?

I don’t care if i attack or defend, i just leave in instant if bg is fresh or timer is +5min. It is boring and lasts too long.