Wintergrasp on attack is Humiliating

You’re forced to stay or suffer the penalty of deserter and you cannot win as an attacker. Why have the devs remained silent on it? I mean…i know they think of wow pvp as just a small minigame but come on…

8 Likes

Indifference

you can’t win wintergrasp as attacker? ;0

i dont know why Wintergrasp is still in this game, its honestly so terrible, i would be ashamed if this was in my game

1 Like

Agreed, awful experience. Most of the time I’d rather get deserter for 15 min than slowly losing the will to live for 25 min while I try to convince myself I can have some form of impact on my own

should be allowed to blacklist that BG!

Blacklisting BGs should be allowed, but most of all balance between attacker and defender is in order. Nerf the hp of structures and make that bg less reliant on cannons and siege machines and more focused on players actually fighting to either convoy the said machines or destroy them, while at the same time making it a 20 minutes bg to add tension and make it less of a grindfest lol.
Oh yeah and screw seething shore as well.

You’re not forced let’s be real here.

If you don’t want to be on offence you can take the deserter and requeue for a new bg way faster than you could if you stayed and (most likely) lose the wintergrasp. Other side of the coin is i’ve had quite a few offense wins this expac that have been under 10 min too, sometimes a lot of people quit if they lose first fight which opens floodgates early for a fast push.

Yeah it sucks as offence and is oppressively imbalanced, but you do have the option to quit and requeue faster than sitting in it. It’s also not impossible to win on offence, it’s a lot harder yes but it’s no where near impossible.

Can you choose not to play it by choosing which EBG you will play? You cant. You are forced. Every other bg you can win with a certainty if you are playing smart, that one is very unbalanced, favoring defenders. Stop pretending that “just leaving” is an option. It clearly is not. If you have to leave because otherwise it is an almost certain lose then there is something very wrong with the BG.
Or you are advocating for “you are not forced to play the game”? Yes you are not either. Doesnt remove the obvious problem.

1 Like

I wanted to do one last epic BG on an alt last night. 10 PM, I got this, I need the last anima from the daily win for the weekly.

Wintergrasp

Rage log off, go to bed.

Even on attacker sucks because it’s minimum 30-40 minutes. Have some respect for peoples time.

Why from 10 games 8 of them I been on attacking side? Unlucky or alliance normally attacking? So bad Bg, I hate it.

I get the same as horde, 1/10 is defence.

Sign my petition so that defenders go and hide and let attack win in 10 mins to save everyone time. That way everyone wins :smiley:

I like the idea. However convincing the defenders to abandon an easy win will… Not be easy. xD

Besides, I often feel like only 25% of the BG are reading the chat. And 10% writes in the chat.

got wintergrasp defense on my draenei paladin
ofc half team went broken gave them free ranks
didnt defend at all easy loss

and a horde ashran also lvl 59 fail loss melee keeps nose diving and giving them advantage

This BG is so poorly designed that i would rather wait with the 10 min deserter debuff that having to play this…

the only acceptable epic bg is AV, I haven’t had one since SL launched. IOC/Asharan/WG
are all very outdated and very boring.
WG - a 100% one sided match at all times. there is no struggle, you either win with 0 effort from the other side, or you lose the same way.
IOC- in all my years of playing, it seems that if u get docks and keep glaives u will 100% of the time break through the gates first, no exceptions, u can have all the siege vehicles + air ship + people inside with bombs and u will still lose the race to 2 glaives. esp when it seems that not many even try to go and destroy them.
Asharan- did anyone ever made a win by killing the last boss since they reintroduce this BG ? i know there is a quest for killing him but when u reach the last stage you have about 0% chance to make the final push into the enemy base when they all just keep respawning right there and boss will keep resetting if he is being pulled back. this can only be done with coordinated group and even then a struggle. that is outdated and seems like 0 effort was being put to try and make it work the way it is intended. just lazy job of “well lets just give them a BG that was already existing instead of making a new map”

Wintergrasp on offense? That’s an instant search for the “leave battleground” button!

2 Likes

Yep, for me wintergrasp is forced 15min deserter, to strech my legs, relax eyes, etc. :slight_smile: it’s good to have a bad bg, good for our health :slight_smile:

If you win the first fight, stave off from searching. Lost it? Yeah just leave, it’s actually faster to wait the debuff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.