"Without X I'd cancel my account"

Which feature of the game is essential to you ?

Don’t say something like “friends/guildmates”, of course, it’s obvious but it’s not really the topic here.

For me, it’s probably M+.
At some point in wow history, I could have said PvP, but PvP is garbage now (I’m not talking about current state with corruptions, PvP has been garbage for a long time, imo).

2 Likes

Yea, most likely its gona be m+ for me too, if they fixed pvp i could somehow do that instead but ill miss m+ way too much.

Also, Collections, i most likely wont quit over them, but its nice to have mounts/mogs even if i decide to swap chars.

M+ for me aswell i think.

1 Like

Warmode.

If they removed it, I’d quit.

1 Like

Mission table for me.

5 Likes

PvP
10 chars

2 Likes

For me it’s raids. I can do without M+ as long as the other difficulties are properly adjusted. But without a raid… why even bother playing the game? The other is definitely player trading. Not because I do too much of it, but it is the only sign I’ve found so far to signal an MMO is good and made by relatively competent people. MMOs that don’t allow free player trading all have some problems. In games like BDO it gets so bad, I can’t just give my mate some items because the game forbids it… and as it turns out, BDO is a bad MMO, just masks it with a great combat.

1 Like

Being able to farm old content.
Revisit old stories, old dungeons and old raids, getting new transmogs to your library.

Cheers.

6 Likes

My Mage, and my Paladin.

Battered, deformed by the so-called artists, diminished from their original selves though they are, I love them like family, like Pamela loves her doll.

2 Likes

Achievements

2 Likes

they have promised a lot of player agency for SL that is going to be a bit of a deal breaker for me, because the amount of RNG that has been screwing over a lot of players for the past couple of expansion has been incredibly tiresome and i just want it to end, i get there will have to be some, as its inherent in the MMO genre, but its been at one extreme after another for the past 4 years.,

1 Like

LFR
Mission Table
World Quests that give good gear
Farming Old Stuff
WoW Tokens and Store Mounts

2 Likes

I know alot of players have been advocating for the removal of LFR, but i dont think thats a good idea altough i do think LFR is terrible overall. Would it be a deal breaker for you if either LFR was made into a single player story mode or an actual introduction to the raid via tutorials etc. Im genarlly curious on what a solution could be for the problem and what players that actually participate in LFR enjoy about it.

It could be made into a single player story mode to see the raids but I would want it to still award decent loot as story alone isn’t enough to make it worth.

Best thing would be a return to something like MoP LFR, decent loot that you can’t really get better anywhere else except higher difficulty level raids.

Hmmm interesting and would you say that the gear is a bigger insentive or the story? I mean would a different queuable instance that gives rewards equal to Ilvl be enough? Or is it both equally?

PvP. Other players have always been the major point for me in mmo’s, and pvp embraces this completely. You play with other players, vs other players. This will add some difference to it all.

PvE is just repetition ad nauseam, bosses won’t suddenly do something different. Once tactics has been established that’s what you do.
Only thing that makes it interesting in the long run is my teammates, if I know them.

1 Like

Quests/lore, RP value and casual PvP(even though it’s crap right now).

I’m not interested in any of the competitive aspects they’re trying to push anymore.

1 Like

Communities and M+ probably.

2 Likes

Here’s my opinion as someone that enjoys LFR:

• You don’t get scrutinized by your achievements, or gear.
  • If you die, the group ends up wiping and has to start all over again , none is going to flame you for it unless you prove multiple times you are doing on purpose to AFK which is quite easy to detect after four wipes.
  • Just press the button and wait for joining in.
  • It’s a good measurement tool.
    You died in LFR ?
    Don’t expect things to be better at higher levels, as Illidan would say:
    “You are not prepared.”
    If you die in LFR and still think you are good enough to join normal, may Bwomsamdi have mercy on you …

Main reason: everyone is welcome.
Can you say that for normal raiding ?
Perhaps in certain groups.
But knowing that most players lack patience and they want to overgear content I pretty much expect the same experience as applying for a Mithic plus dungeon:
“Sorry you are not good enough”.
The end.

For me end content game is LFR.
Gear and story are important but if the raid doesn’t provide anything than I don’t apply for it as I don’t have time to waste.
Raiding in a guild that is progressing, requires you to wipe multiple times, also walking away with nothing by the end, several times, that’s not for me.

For anything above that I would require:

• More time to play preferably four hours a day or ideally eight.
  • Buy a gaming mouse and perhaps a gaming Keyboard since I have limitations on my hands.
  • Be part of a raiding guild.
  • Hardcore mode since the 1st day or alternatively have some real life friends on a good guild.

Cheers.

5 Likes

But it IS guilds and friends keep me here… I can adapt to learn to like various content as long as it’s a good social experience.

1 Like