Worgen Update? hello? when?

How long do you think it will take Blizzard to show us more progress on the Worgen/Goblin models, I remember when they updated, Blood Elfs etc, after they updated the other, it did go through so fast, and they gave update on Wowhead about it quick as well, we don’t even know if they will come this year :frowning: sorry but tired of waiting >:( there is nothing out there but the pictures they did show on Blizzcon soon 4-5 months ago?

2 Likes

It said 8.2.5 so I expect late Summer. Tho you never know, there is a progress and maybe they will import them directly into 8.2.0. Time will say

1 Like

That’s true, but when they first did post Nasty Blood Elfs’s new model, at least they gave people a look of other Faces, skins, hair, etc, but for this one, nothing but a half pained picture.

I hope it comes with upgraded dance routines, specially for the males

I know it’s trying to be funny, but they look more like they’re trying to balance their weight on a pin with that same loop.

Character Model Updates

For those who enjoy a green cast to their skin or get a little furry when the moon is full, there are new model updates in the works. Yes, Goblin and Worgen model updates are coming 8.2.5

8.2.5. Should be a lot sooner to be honest, come 8.2.

2 Likes

Would be nice if it was 8.2 .

Give it a few months :stuck_out_tongue:

Female worgen have been a disaster for nine years.

5 Likes

But some people like Chihuahuas…

You are expecting too much from a team who thought releasing a blue void-addict race of Blood Elves would appease the High Elf crew.

I don’t care about their dance etc, just when them updated xD

It’s not so much that the females have a chihuahua look to them, but rather the fact the males don’t and as such they look like a different race.

I mean who accepted the design? The females have big eyes with pupils but the males have single colour animalistic almost dragon-like eyes.

Honestly player races shouldn’t have eyes like that, as more human eyes are required if you won’t the complex expressions in the new models. It’s precisely why the updated Tauren has a slightly softer look-- because it’s just required if they want them to be as well animated and expressive as all the others.

Personally I’d prefer they actually changed the male eyes to be bigger and have pupils-- or perhaps better have an option for that.

1 Like

Some people are wrong. Female worgen are unacceptable. The model wasn’t even finished and has several bugs about its textures and animations.

2 Likes

I know, but they could at least do a backflip like their jump animation like the good pupperz they are?

I’d clap and give them a treat each time they do.

I’m not gonna lie, even with updated models worgens will always look bad in armor.

The sooner they add them, the better, although I’d rather have them later finished and polished, then being added too soon in a bad state.

1 Like

I generally find that to be true for most races, as in anything not having a standard humanoid body.

They really should unhunch the body as they did with Orcs. The female doesn’t do that, and neither did the original worgen models.

Frankly I think Blizzard realise it was just a bad design in pretty much all instances, with exceptions like Undead and Trolls (the female Troll should also be hunched but they changed their minds presumably to make people want to play them).

Honestly I would prefer Undead upright but I can accept that as a sensible artistic choice.

3 Likes

Yeah, the original Worgen models were a bit haunched but not that much, so if they would keep it similar, it’d be better. They can always add the same option, that they gave orcs with straight/haunched back.

Female trolls should have been haunched, but oh my, that model looked really, really bad XD . I am glad that they made them with straight backs.

I would love Chinese Forsaken model with far less visible bones, it looks way better rather than giving them straight posture, which is really fitting for them imo.

The vanilla Worgen were “Horde material” if you ever saw it.
Sadly, they had to take down their viciousness a step for make them work in the Alliance, almost neutering what made them interesting.
Now, they’re nothing more than furry humans were story is concerned.

When my guild first raided Uldir and saw the war matrons we joked “Death by snu snu”, the alpha female trolls looked along those lines, but they would probably eat you after as well.

Careful, it’s a slippery slope, next they’ll ask for Nath looking humans, and at that point they’re just gothic Humans on the Horde.

1 Like