World buffs is the most divisive issue in SoM?

Something i notice from talking to friends, and even listening to a few streamers who have/haven’t decided to give season of mastery a go, is that World buffs seem to be by far the most divisive issue in SoM.

If someone is deciding not to play season of mastery, the most common reason is the world buffs. I think largely because a lot of the most popular classes like mage/warrior feel bad without them.

I think when an issue becomes this divisive it’s at the point where the obvious solution is to have 2 server types like pve/pvp/rp. Just have pve world buffs enabled server. I feel like the classic player base can support a pve server world buff server (In fact i suspect during name reservation, that if you made such a server, it would be the most popular server).

The only major issue i foresee, is that there may be too few warriors etc on the regular servers, because lets be honest. Who wants to play a zero gear rage starved warrior in phase 1?

1 Like

Speed runners hate the change because they won’t be able to flex with their raid clear times. Adding increased boss and trash HP the times will be even longer. And many wannabie WoW youtubers/streamers that commented on this are wannabie speed runners, often with the audacity to state it’s their who brought Classic and Classic should be #nochanges (read: power leveling, boosting…) as it “needs” “healthy” speedrunning community… (read: out way of playing the game is the one true and only valid one)

…yet on PTR the audience was quite the opposite making jokes from boosters and speedrunners :wink:

SoM won’t be for everyone and this won’t be Classic 2 launch. Just FRESH for people that like FRESH (and more organic gameplay).

It’s basically TBC without world buffs and longer boss fights.

It seems people are not to interested in this look how TBC is doing right now. People are quiting in masses. Streamers aren’t streaming the game at all etc.

Wow classic vanilla will kinda be the same thing, it looks like most of the player base are 30+ year old boomers with kids that can’t min/max or simply don’t have time for it.

And keep in mind without world buffs and harder/longer bosses min/maxing is going to be huge < Look at TBC, there is a reason guilds don’t want more than 1 rogue (Or none at all) in their raid. Most people don’t want to raid for 4 hours every evening multiple days a week.

I personally like to do harder bosses with larger HP pools and harder mechanics tho.

4 Likes

People who still want to top meters?

1 Like

A raid with 25 warriors and fully stacked consumables trying to go as fast as possible will still be able to clear raids significantly faster than other people. Double health and no world buffs only makes it less fun, and more expensive. Critting for 5k is more fun than critting for 3k, 40% spell crit is more fun than 20% spell crit. Chugging more green mana potions, more petris and more juju’s just because the bosses have double health, but still doesn’t do anything, isn’t fun.

1 Like

Yes, raid change isn’t black and white, yet it’s how it its :wink:

K4

tenchar

1 Like

4 hours multiple days a week? Incredible brain gymnastics.

Classic MC farm 1hr will be like 1,5hr in SoM. So less time spent considering no acquiring of world buffs. Boomers saved.

Play the beta if you’re not convinced.

Correct me if I’m wrong as I’m not a raider nor am I a good player by any means - but my guess is that the increased health bar is meant to compensate for the removal of the debuff limit. I imagine that DoTs will be used a lot more extensively now, which could stack up quite heavily.

To an outsider to raiding like me, these changes appear interesting. From what I’ve understood, the “meta” in Classic was very specific. The changes seem to be intended to shake things up, as more specs may become viable and more abilities will be used.

Again, please correct me if I’m wrong! It’s just my impression from the outside looking in :slight_smile:

My statement didn’t had to do anything with phase1 MC raid content.

Most people don’t like to raid multiple days 4 hours a week in general because Blizzards playerbase is overall 30+ and has other priorities.

I mean there will 100% be multiple boomer guilds that can’t clear AQ/Nax in 1 evening without worldbuffs and people that just don’t bother to farm x3 the usual consumables that we needed for classic vanilla.

The reason why I still play TBC is because we clear all raid content in aprox 3 hours and it’s just a fun chat with the lads on Disc.

I believe people who wasn’t looking for classic fresh to begin with now are making excuses for themselfes to not play, cause what no WB truly mean is much fair and less stressful environment. Obviously WBs did benefit certain classes far more than the others, and now warriors mains are BIG MAD.

People who enjoy Classic more than TBC are more than fine with no WB as long as servers come fresh, after all there is so much more things to do other than raiding.

WB in raids is not a biggest problem of wow classic. Biggest problem of wow classic is paid respec for 50g

Who want to play a Classic version where you don’t have to do the few boss mechanics because the DPS have as much DPS as we had during TBC P1 because of world buffs ?

It didn’t feel fun. Sometime during Classic it felt like i was doing Vanilla content with TBC toons.

1 Like

The removal of debuff limit doesn’t have much effect on what kind of raid dps that is possible to achieve. Even for warlocks most, if not all, dots are a pure dps loss compared to just shadowbolt spam. If anything, people spamming dots could use reduced boss health. The only “interesting” thing about increased boss health is that people will finally see phase 2 of ragnaros again. A phase that significantly favours classes without a mana bar, aka warriors and rogues…

The problem is, they don’t. What it does is making use of flasks of distilled wisdom as mana potions pretty much required for some classes/specs to be viable. The people who enjoy using several flasks per hour is generally the same people who enjoy world buffs.

1 Like

What it means is that bots will become even more profitable, and gold buying will save people more time.

Because we weren’t used to manage our mana anymore during Classic. The boss wen’t done so fast that mana pots & runes were enought to heal/overheal the whole fight.

Huhuran enrage phase will probably last longer than during Classic which mean will have to play somehow differently (more resist gear/consumable/healer rotation…). Same with a lot of others boss.

I see, thanks for the insight! I guess that testing will give us a more clear picture of how these changes will work - and what tweaking will need to be applied.

It has nothing to do with mana management. The adds have an aoe mana burn. The simplest way to avoid getting mana burned is to not have a mana bar in the first place.

You’re too fixated on the idea that raiding should be easily accessible via few shenanigans aka WB meta, while I look at it as a challenge, and there would be no challenge without necessary changes they made.

The problem is old raids are boring due to how they are designed and how classes are. The longer raids get or the longer people raidlog the more will just quit. FRESH shows up already around AQ opening. Same thing in TBC where some left due to raidlogging and a bit from guild breaking due to inability to kill a raid boss.