World of Warcraft 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition

Sadly it was sold out within hours of becoming available not days. A whole lot of players were at work, school or otherwise unaware of this 15th Anniversary CE until well after it was sold out on the Blizzard Store, Amazon and pretty much everywhere else!

It amazes me that even after the whole 10 year anniversary PR mess where only those very few players who had kept their subscriptions active for the entire 10 years got a free Orc statue that now, for the 15 year anniversary Blizzard manages to come up with a whole new PR mess that just ends up making players unhappy with Blizzard! :cry:

The silence from Blizzard really doesn’t help either, it just makes more people convinced that Blizzard couldn’t care less about their player communities any more. :frowning:

2 Likes

I went on to have a even worse experience lol.

I got a notification while I was literally on the amazon app saying it was back in stock…

I clicked instantly and it was there In STOCK, I have 1 click buy, I insta clicked that and it was still sold out after clicking.

It’s so frustrating to have been at work when these were announced, I saw the info on wowhead soon as I picked my phone up out of my locker, and they were already sold out everywhere.

How the hell has this been so poorly managed, there should of been some sort of “wow players have access to buy these before they go on general sale” system.

Least then even if I still missed out, I’d know it was likely to actual players rather than resellers.

I hope I’m wrong and they have only been bought by people that want to keep them, but we all know these will be allover ebay for 5x the price :frowning:

2 Likes

Maybe we could have a Blue clarify the following?
Nowhere on Blizz site does it say this is ‘limited edition’ it just says ‘collectors edition’.

The Blue post says it’s limited, is this because you only plan to sell so many, or is it a limited collectors item and it’s not going to have further runs of production between now and release?

All you have managed to do so far is upset probably thousands of people who have been unable to get a pre-order in time, when realistically there is enough time to satisfy demand and put a stop to those profiteers, who have bought multiple items to resell, by creating enough supply.

I doubt these will be numbered as proper limited edition items are, so we’ll never know actually how many are out there, but c’mon Blizz you have the time, sort out sufficient supply and make your players happy, after all it’s you that benefit financially, even if pre orders are delivered after release date, I’m sure ppl will just be happy to get what they want.

all the collectors editions for every expansion were produced in sufficient quantity and were still available to buy months after their respective releases, so Blizz can do it properly, which makes this scenario even more baffling. They could even have done it like the statues for blizzcon, give people a month to place pre-orders then produce that exact amount - why’s it so difficult?

The lack of a proper explanation is also extremely frustrating!

1 Like

my tinfoil hat theory is that they underpriced it and thats why its so popular.

compare this figurine to jaina figure price.

thats why its so popular.

if they priced it at 200 euro they wouldnt go out of stock .

The collectors editions of the later versions were easier to get, especially when they moved digital content to purchase online

However it is not true to say that all editions were available easily. I know TBC and wrath sold out and were a real pain to get hold of and I know people who didn’t manage to preorder. They definitely were not available months after

I don’t know about classic as I was not playing at the time which is my biggest wow regret

If difference this time is that collectors edition wasn’t advertised prior to availabilty. It was for sale (and sold out) within hours of announcement

Its a f*****kin joke that Blizzard doesnt care about its fanbase
and instead sells all the copies to scalpers…

2 Likes

true but on the other hand aftercouple of days on eu forums you have 66 answears , on us forums you have 150 answers from people insterested in them .

its not a number that would make it meaningfull

[quote=“Lilîith-silvermoon, post:69, topic:49690, full:true”]
true but on the other hand aftercouple of days on eu forums you have 66 answears , on us forums you have 150 answers from people insterested in them . its not a number that would make it meaningfull [/quote]
Are you working for Blizzard?
If you are going after the numbers of people posting on forums
you cant be taken serious EVER.

1 Like

That’s because the vast majority learnt a long time ago that there’s little to no point complaining about much of anything on Blizzard forums. Blizzard has proven that they really do not care, oh sure they say they do, they say they listen to their communities, but it’s all just words. The only times Blizzard have really taken notice is when they’ve been faced with losing thousands of subscribers in protest over Blizzard’s decisions.

try amazon uk again

I’ve been trying Amazon UK all weekend, signed up to be notified when it becomes available but in the few minutes it takes to go to their website it’s back to “Currently unavailable”. Just checked Amazon UK once again and it’s now showing as available, but when you click the link to see which sellers it’s available from there are no sellers listed!

Absolute farce by Blizzard, this shows just how little they care about their customers! They made no attempt to ensure all players would have a fair chance at purchasing a copy of this CE, they didn’t even bother to make an announcement prior to it going on sale, just a “this is now available for pre-order” and a few hours later it was virtually sold out everywhere! Blizzard screwed players with the 10 year anniversary and now they’re doing it again for the 15 year anniversary! :frowning: Actions speak volumes and Blizzards silence over this farce is deafening!

i did actually manage to place an order with amazon, during 1 of it’s “re-listed for a short duration” stints, but i’m half expecting it to be cancelled or not arrive due to being sold out, so i’ll keep checking other sites. if i see it’s up, i’ll keep posting here to gives others a chance, cause yes, it’s been poorly organised by Blizz

Amazon (UK) have now taken payment which is many months before it’s available. It was showing as pending but I expected this to not fully move off the card. They have never done this before so am not best pleased as I didn’t expect it.

No preorder of collectors editions ever did this either

2 Likes

[quote=“Petzs-aegwynn, post:70, topic:49690, full:true”]

no im pretty serious what i mean .

look at for example numbers of low level tigers being a bit off in classic - they made like 5 threads each 150-250 posts in 1 night.

here you have 1 thread not even 80 posts and its been like a week .

do you not think i was pissed i couldnt order it from gear store ? ofc i was

but i got it from local retailer day later.

maybe people should look for other shops with games then amazon for once instead being “lazy” .

Same here signed up for alert keep getting mail click on it straight away and its sold out.
Getting annoying now

GAME has it on pre order…whether all orders will be fulfilled in October IDK

I live in UK. Every site i tried, they sold out. I even tried my native country (Romania) to buy, from Emag, they sold also.
In case we, majority, dont have a chance for PHISICAL COPIES, will Blizz release DIGITAL COPIES also?
I am interested only for the in-game goodies (pet/mount), but i would buy even the phisical copy, just to get them.

1 Like

I’ve been checking the GAME website regularly (as well as Amazon) but they still show it as “Sorry, this product is currently out of stock, but might be available in store”, my local GAME stores do not have any stock available to pre-order either. :frowning:

The news article for the 15th Anniversary CE states:

If you can’t wait until October to get your hands on the new Alabaster Stormtalon or Alabastor Thunderwing, don’t worry. We’ll be introducing these mounts to the Blizzard Shop and in-game shop as a standalone bundle in August. Players who purchase these mounts this way and also attach a 15th Anniversary Collector’s Edition to their World of Warcraft account by March 31, 2020 will receive a €25 credit to their Blizzard Balance.