World Of Warcraft Remastered

Hello fellow gamers!

Made this post to see what people think about what path the game developers could take? With all of the new expansions we’ve had adding on top of the old, now redundant professions and a new version of the game being classic, I’m thinking of what could come next.

I know it’s a controversial topic but it’s nice to be open minded and explore new ideas.

I was thinking, wouldn’t it be great if they just remade a new WoW game? New world, new classes, new characters, new lore. All with ultra modern graphics. Would be nice to see new imaginings of classes and professions. You could still have the core classes like healers, tanks and dps but their classes imagined in a different way.

I think this boils down to me loving going back to vanilla and experiencing the old style gameplay, however it’s old ground. I’d love a new game done well in this style. I’ve played WoW from its beginning and would love to see what the awesome developers can do!

What are your thoughts? Any cool ideas?

Ultra modern graphic means much much lower player population.

2 Likes

Or the soon-to-be Diablo IV, I think. We’ll know in a week. :yum:

1 Like

No it doesn’t. The hardware needed to run it just needs to be very affordable, i.e. don’t pull a Crysis. We don’t need to be able to run it on a GeForce MX 440 anymore. It’s alright.

We already have two WoWs, I don’t think we need a third one. But I’d like to see the old world remastered. Yes, Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor was revamped in Cata but I still think they need an update for lore and graphics.

Would not mind if they also revamp TBC and Northrend zones too. It is a lot of work tough so I would not hold my breath to see that

1 Like

jesus christ please no

i am afrad wow isnt worth money required to buy ultra modern pc

For an MMO to be successful again like it was during Vanilla and its rise to fame through WotlK, I think they’d have to completely reinvent the genre, like they did with the original game.

Honestly I don’t have faith that Blizzard has that kind of enthusiasm for making games anymore. It feels like a business with good polish and satisfying experiences, but in no way, shape or form do they seem qualified to produce an MMO genesis. A plain, straight up graphical update wouldn’t really matter I’m afraid.

Case in point:
Classic is doing a great job keeping people occupied right now and it’s an ugly game by today’s standards.

1 Like

I do not think we need a remastered wow, that starts from scratch atleast, though remastering all old zones could be an idea, to get them out from cata and wrath era.
and instead always giving us new zones to level in, they could use some of the old zones instead for max level, there are lots of places that is almost never used to the potential they have, for exampale, eastern kingdoms, tanaris, ungoro crater, feralas, desolace, western plaguelands (make it forsaken new capital city), wetlands, hinterlands and thousand needles, if they did that and at same time drop the levels to about 80, it would be perfect, and then make TBC and Wrath, cata and mop islands, in to time travel zones, where you can go back and she what has happend, whit some sort of story on why you do it.

better graphic would means less ppl with low perfermer pc totally unable to play.
(me included). so… i dont think would be economically profitable for blizz

1 Like

Didn’t they remove a lot of layer by now and from what I read here on the forum many player are not motivated to finish leveling since it gets boring and other complain that once level 60 you need 2h to finish all content every week.

Yeah sure lots of people quit, but still lots left I believe. At the end of the day we can only speculate. I’m just basing my assessment off of what I’ve seen and how it remains relevant among content creators.

They’re too lazy to even create Warcraft 4 which people have been waiting for almost 20 years, and you think they’ll create WoW 2?

I like to be surprised like they always do!

I honestly wouldn’t mind something like this.

But I really would mind something like this!

I wish people would understand that trying to supercharge graphical fidelity isn’t a guarantee to make a game look superior, nor would it make it run all that great.

There is a reason that I can look at Classic WoW and think to myself “Boy, what a pretty game”, and it isn’t graphical fidelity.

Yeah I think they have definitely changed as a company. Like all game developers, they start off small and humble and pour their heart and soul into their games. Then they get taken over and become big companies run by deadlines and profit margins.

I really love blizzard and have grown up with all of their games. I wouldn’t mind a new MMO game made by anyone but I just would prefer them to make it and restore their former name and glory.

I guess new graphics isn’t a big deal and I wouldn’t be able to run it at max anyway, I just meant more up to date. I tend to play games on low settings for performance anyway but nice to see pvp videos in high res definition.

The new Diablo looks interesting though!

My general feeling is that WoW remastered might be a bit too much of a time and money sink if all done at once, it should be gradual, or simply part of a larger content update.

What should be happening is they need to revamp old zones again. That usually comes with it some texture upgrades, which means that funding for better graphics can be rolled in with that development process.

Another thing that should be happening is an absolute hard reset on the professions system, which should come with an expansion of sorts. It is carrying too much baggage from previous expansions, and currently it does not feel as rewarding as it used to feel.

RIP raids as the graphic requirements are already hard to suffice for the current quality.

I’d be chuffed with N’zoth destroying azeroth. Then in a last attempt to save everyone, we get teleported to a whole new universe. Wow in unreal engine looks pretty.

Final Fantasy is there for you, you know ?