Shadowlands Discussion (SPOILERS)

"So all of the legacy content - Pandaria and the like - that’s being scaled somehow?

Patrick Magruder: It’ll be scaled from 10 to 50.

Actually, to be clear, it’ll be scaled from 10 to 50 while you’re levelling. However, that’s where Chromie comes in - Chromie Time. As you’re doing it from 10 to 50, it’s Chromie time, it’s scaled. Once you hit 50, Chromie will show up again and say, ‘Hey, it looks like you’re done, cool - let’s bring you back to the main timeline,’ and then you’ll be 50 and Pandaria will have been scaled down to around, I’m going to guess, 35-ish in the new scheme.

Michael Bybee: The point there is if you want to run a Pandaria raid because you really like the transmog, you can still do that because those creatures will be lower level than you once you’ve left Chromie Time and you’re no longer levelling up."

Neat-o. So when you hit 50+ you’ll massively out level old content as appropriate as it’ll all cease scaling and instead be at a fixed level, potentially well below 50 for things older then BfA.

I gotta be real, having lv25 Vanilla raids is gonna be hilarious.

I don’t get the joke.

Nestle is an infamously greedy company, known for drying up local rivers and water reserves and then selling it back to the local communities.

Among other things. You also have immoral African labour, and so on. Model of a nasty company.

They’re also a lot bigger than you think. Google it. A lot of companies you probably buy from are owned by them.

7 Likes

Lil’ Rag squeaks “Too soon!”

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2018/oct/04/ontario-six-nations-nestle-running-water

This sorta thing.
Nestlé takes water. Vashj takes water.

4 Likes

It’s Nestlé for christ’s sake.

You get it. But yeah… it’s one heck of a terrible company.

You know what I wonder most?

Blizzard says that everyone has been going to the Maw for a while now, regardless of where they are actually supposed to go. This is implied to have gone on for at least a couple of years.

Blizzard has also stated with certainty that no one has ever escaped the Maw (until the player does, of course).

So… Undead? Hello? They die, they go to the Maw, and then Sylvanas/the Deathlord pulls them right back out to Azeroth, albeit as undead? Except no one has ever escaped the Maw? How does that work?

Add resurrections in general on top, actually.

1 Like

I think with escape they, pretty obviously, mean going to OTHER parts of the Shadowlands. Not reversing the death altogether.

1 Like

I just realised that this means Koiffen’s justified in raising his slain friends into undeath. Ain’t no one torturing my palls but me, baby.

2 Likes

Blizzard kind of…forgot about the undead.

(also vol’jin)

4 Likes

Old lore was that only undead go the Maw (Arthas, Sylvanas, that one Dark Ranger).

I hope they reconcile it by saying that, unless you die again once undead, you simply don’t remember the Maw once you return.

Or they could just straight up retcon it, of course. Because why not?

Actually only confirmed for Sylvanas herself, iirc.
(Not sure about the ranger, but we also don’t get definite proof of Arthas going to the Maw anywhere if I’m not mistaken. Uther telling him he’ll go to hell doesn’t cut it.)

Words have power. What if Uther saying that to Arthas is what sent him there?

Careful who you tell to go to hell kids.

3 Likes

Doesn’t Sylvanas see Arthas in the Maw before the Val’kyr yank her back?

The ranger I refer to is in Nazmir, killed during the Alliance war campaign I think. When killed she speaks of some darkness and wonders if that was what Sylvanas was trying to save them from, which sure sounds similar to what Sylvanas saw.

I mean, by the time of BfA, everyone went to the maw already.

So, uh… yeah. The real ??? are the angry wisps in the darkshore intro.

3 Likes

To be fair, that places her death after the Burning of Teldrassil, and we know everything after that certainly went to the Maw.
(Susanoo beat me to it.)

1 Like

The Maw’s been broken for “years”, so when she dies in nazmir that’s already when everyone’s headed there.

We don’t know when it broke, just presumably at some point after Kael died.

1 Like

Still, that leaves Sylvanas and Arthas, two very undead characters, with no one else mentioning that ‘darkness’ even when resurrected.

I guess you could argue they deserved the Maw the natural way, by being really nasty.

People usually don’t come back to taddle unless they’re undead. They’re also both liable of being sent there for their misdeeds, so that complicates matters.

True resurrections do happen every now and again.

Both of those are pretty bad people though. The Maw’s (intended) for people whose souls are beyond redemption, for the “vilest souls”.

1 Like