Shadowlands Discussion (SPOILERS)

We’ll just have to kill Alonsus to settle the matter.

1 Like

Who are you, and what have you done with the real Elenthas?!

4 Likes

No one wondered who he was until he took off the Crown…

1 Like

Don’t worry, watch this.

For that matter, we don’t even know if the Maw is Sylv’s intended destination. What if killing Arthas was what broke the deathmachine? Or Yogg-Saron, “The God of Death”?

Mayhaps that neither Arthas nor Sylvanas were intended to go to the Maw, and that both could have found redemption in Revendreth, but they ended up there improperly.

Tirion dismissed Arthas as past redemption but you know he’s dead now so how smart is he really??

1 Like

Leaked footage of Thanos reacting to the end of Shadowlands

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/336588653872807946/642755810191212554/z5x9mnvly3031.png?width=1193&height=677

1 Like

It’s going to be Argus the Unmaker. I’m willing to bet gold on that.

It’s weird, but possible. His scythe matches the Eternal Traveller set suspiciously well. All references to him being a death titan, etc.

While alot of the Shadowland stuff that is coming is neat and interesting, I again feel that this is kinda taking away even more(if that was possible) from WoW’s mysticism.

While WoW before this had ghosts and ressurections etc, what was actually there after death with no intervention was left ambigious and for speculation. It kinda loses a bit of it’s magic and charm for me to know that “Oh, there is actually an objectivly seperate dimension/world where everything goes and pretty much lives life 2.0 but in diffrent styles depending on what.”

2 Likes

It’s kind of an awful trait to need an explanation for everything, especially when it comes to stuff on the cosmic level or even related to death.

Elune about to be given a real explanation as to what she is just makes me sad since she’ll actually be thrown into a category.
Now apparently Shadowlands is just death before TRUE DEATHSighs but you need to be dead to go there but actually no, you just need to be PC or loved by Blizzard and said character (Tyrande or whatever) can go there with ease… Apparently Undead too somehow.

Shadowlands does fill like a filler expansion… But what little of that bubble will leave from there will have insane consequences upon Azeroth just like WoD did with HFC (Seriously makes no sense that Legion can apparently time and space travel but can’t beat 20 morons with shiny weapons… And Gul’dan.).

Once again Blizz proves they can’t strive for Balance is almost anything they do. It’s either one extreme or the other.

2 Likes

Blizzard really need to learn that some things are best unexplained, and that is what kinda ifuriates me too, since they do this…but with the wrong things.

We can be given 100% hard-evidence fact on any mystical cosmic force, how & why life and creation came to be, who was behind it, what happens after death etc etc.

But they will refuse to explain other things that could be super useful for roleplay, such as the state of a zone or region that hasnt been updated since TBC or something.

Yeah but now that chronicles is said to be written from titan PoV it’s not 100% hard evidence anymore so the mysticism is back.

<o/

(Also now the writers can retcon it as they please)

1 Like

True, but it still feels like it’s already kinda spoiled. It’s a little too late/too weird to withdraw knowledge about the cosmic forces.

1 Like

Continuity is here to enhance story, not tie the hands of the writers

If I was the guy who wrote the Chronicles… I’d be super pissed to see my work being invalid so quickly.

But yeah… Alongside the Chronicles they also to contextualize Sylvanas’s past about how she was always in the maw when she died in ICC… And then she planned to be Warchief despite her cursing that fate and hating Vol’jin for it (You’re no 58D chess master if the writers have to change so much to make it seem so.).

This just proves that they make the Lore on the fly and nothing is really planned ahead… I’m sure the average DnD DM has a rough idea of how the campaign will go or the story they went people to experience, individual choices may differ but know your effing world and how you wanna build it first.

2 Likes

I can’t believe titans cared about the intricacies of the gnoll wars more than the long vigil of the night elves.

11 Likes

As already discussed plenty on the forums, I think Sylvanas & Shadowlands is both the biggest middle-finger to the playerbase/story as well as the most obviously thoughtless recton they have made to date, due to the fact that we have -inner- monologues from Sylvanas herself being rectonned/was all lies/made up to fool people.

1 Like

Sylvanas knew we were readin those lines. That’s why she lied to you readers.

Blizzard story team

3 Likes

hey you know how we gave you an objective recollection as to how the wow universe started

well three years later guess what it was all just dumb titan religious beliefs 'cos they don’t know SHIZZ.

1 Like

“Nobody has escaped The Maw” in combination with “Every soul has been going to The Maw for years now” is a lore gaffe on the level of “there is one Legion.”

5 Likes

At this point in time I’m wondering if we can classify rectonning as an illness. It’s like they actually both physically AND mentally can’t help themselves.

“Please…I just need to do this one more recton, this one more. I’ll die if I don’t!”

2 Likes

The drawbacks of having a story written by a committee .

2 Likes