Shadowlands Discussion (SPOILERS)

At BlizzCon they mentioned that the Death Knights powers are drawn directly from the Shadowlands, I’ll try to see if I can find the exact quote.

Which is why I am excited to see some stuff from the Shadowlands as it is most likely what they do there are what Death Knights are doing themselves, instead of example Blood Trolls or other Blood Users due to their connected are to Shadowlands.

I am not saying you can’t take inspiration from the Blood Trolls and others, I just prefer to remain to more deathly themed users so to say.

Yeah, they did. But death knights use many different magics. To deduce that there’s a specific Shadowlands blood magic from that one sentence seems a bit farfetched.

It is just my personal view on it, as the type of ‘‘Blood Magic’’ we will see likely will resemble the San’layn most likely and they are both creatures of death/undeath.

It is just me who prefer to take inspiration from the undead users of Blood Magic instead of example Trolls or other creatures.

In the end I doubt we will ever fully know exactly how everything fully functions.

But that is one of the main reasons why I look forward to explore Revendreth at least.

I have nothing against people taking inspiration from other blood users, Angelus do study any type of Blood Users but for his own ‘‘personal power as DK’’ as in emote fighting and DM’s and such I prefer to keep myself to the ‘‘undead’’ users of Blood.

So you know how Derek was apparently trapped in darkness when he died.

Does that mean he went to the Maw

Decades before the machine broke

Derek seems like a pretty bad guy… :eyes:

6 Likes

It must be true, because Blizzard plan two expansions ahead and obviously know what they are planning with the Shadowlands when making this reference.

Excellent job Blizzard.

12 Likes

Yeah they leave so many holes in the lore…

Looking forward to meeting Garithos and Daelin in Bastion where they rightfully belong.

Also I love that since they effectively ruined the mystery of the titans, they had to add something like the Arbiter that pre-dates them to give us more mystery, that they will completely reveal and explain by the end of Shadowlands.

14 Likes

They already said we’d see Mankrik’s wife in Shadowlands. I wonder where? Maybe in Maldraxxus, complete with tusk-bone armor.

And I’m also curious what broke the death-machine. One interview said it happened during the Legion timeframe. So was it Helya-stuff? Argus dying? Something else? - Maybe something really weird like how we stopped the Naglfar from delivering its cargo in the Maw of Souls instance?

Continuities change.

1 Like

Sometimes the answer to a mystery needs to be “Because magic.” And leave it at that.

Either that or Derek was actually like…a serial killer+sex criminal before he died.

Maybe that’s why Jaina sent him away with Calia. Didn’t want that little embarassment coming to light and messing up her Admiralship.

It’s all coming together…

What happens at sea, stays at sea.

The reason the brainwashing didn’t “take” was because he was already a monstrous killer without any remorse or morals even before his death.

If Sylv’s mind control had worked he’d have been a better person. Damn, she tried to save us again…

2 Likes

Baine yet again trying to protect his buddies in the Alliance by preventing Sylvanas from exposing Derek Proudmoore for the vile human he is.

5 Likes

But then it turns out… the Arbiter answers to an even older, more mysterious entity!

7 Likes

There’s always a bigger fish.

1 Like

GamesBeat: What makes Death Knights so important to the expansion?

Blizz: One of the four areas that we’re going to explore, Maldraxxus, I call it the most metal zone. It has spikes and bones and axes and — it’s where a lot of the undead and Scourge and a lot of the power of Death Knights stems from. There’s a lot of cool story there, where if you just love to be metal, you’ll be able to learn about that stuff, but also, if you’re a Death Knight and that’s something interesting to you — tell me more about my origins. The covenant in Maldraxxus, the Necrolords, is something you might be interested in joining and learning more about — almost your heritage.

Now this looks interesting!

TIL arthas undead armies weren’t actually the fallen, they were just visitors from the Shadowlands.

1 Like

Please no. :expressionless:

4 Likes

That sounds like it’s from Brütal Legend, but with ice.

1 Like