World of Warcraft: Systemlands

Oh my god, the live stream reveals just seem HORRIBLE to me.

Systems on top of systems on top of systems!

No focus on class or gameplay - Shadowlands is immensely overwhelming with horrible systems that no-one wants!

70 Likes

Not only for you. It looks more complicated than Dwarf Fortress. It is still mmorpg game? I just want to be adventurer in Azeroth, killing dragons and looking for legendary sword.
And now I see system where I need to grind every day or I will be unwanted and stigmatized by other players who log in every day!
Most of players have RL, so they cannot be there every day, and if we miss oen day because we will get wedding, or other real life stuff we will lost months of progress.

31 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.
Is this swords and magic mmorpg anymore,or pokemon card game ?

22 Likes

Grind time waste to fill that incompetent development ego with high time played/player

23 Likes

Can we stop using this trash irrelevant point as an example?
Everyone has different things to do irl.

It all comes to the person itself how will manage his/hers free time.

What do you expect?
That me with 2 hours per day will have same progression as someone with 10 hours played per day?

11 Likes

The problem is time gating not grind

23 Likes

Sounds good to me.

I like systems. The more the better.

I’ve played through 7 expansions now. I’m getting pretty efficient and experienced at dissecting what to do, how, when, and where. And whatever couple of new systems that have been introduced, they tend to become business-as-usual within a short period of time.

So for me, what keeps a new expansion feel mysterious and curious, is volume.

Sheer volume.

The more new systems there are, the longer I’m kept intrigued and curious. And the longer I’m in that state, the longer it takes until the state of business-as-usual takes hold.

But to each his own. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m playing 8-14 hours per day, and I want have RL life too, and once per year get a day off to get on date!

3 Likes

This 100 times.

34 Likes

If you can set aside an average of that amount of time per day then you obviously value wow over real life so what does it matter

14 Likes

Its all cause they want to kill Simming for some reason,yet they only make it more and more needed the more theyre trying to kill it.

9 Likes

What’s the problem OP?
Do you not want to feel bad while you’re for example on vacation that you can’t play and will be behind everyone else?

Joke aside, this looks like playing alts will again be a pain when you want to keep 2 or more charas up to date with so many things again.

7 Likes

Now I need do 3 mythic islands 10 arenas 2 vs 2, 10 3 vs 3, Raid, every world boss for mount, every missing raid boss for mount, every rare for mount. And all of this on every of my over 70 characters. I just want get everything and get breake. I hate leaving something without ending it!

Besides the many many systems it also looking like there’s going to be even more portals and instanced stuff in Shadowlands too. Not a big fan of that.

8 Likes

:man_shrugging:

No. You don’t NEED that. You really, really don’t.
You may WANT that, but… ‘you can’t always get what you want’.

It sounds to me like you play a LOT. Maybe cut back a bit and set your expectations at a healthier level.

7 Likes

This is power gain and i agree should be tuned back but they already said that on the livestream that they’re not going to allow ‘‘infinite’’ power from Torghast etc

This is purely cosmetic, does nothing for your character, has no affect on gameplay, its your choice to waste 5 hours a day farming a rare drop. It doesnt affect your gameplay whatsoever. Its not mandatory.

1 Like

If I want end game, I need do that. It is liek starting eating apple and leaving it after 2 bites.

I stop care about character power, when I take two weeks breake in early BFA and I was so behind in AP and raid gear so no one want take me on raid.

1 Like

No you don’t. Maybe, just maybe if you want a CERTAIN KIND of endgame. But then again; not everyone is able to do THAT kind of endgame. Why do you expect to just being ‘given’ access to something that is SUPPOSED to be hard and the ‘be all end all’ of endgame content?

2 Likes

This is my impression from the stream as well.

ENOUGH ALREADY! DON’T YOU REALISE THIS STRATEGY IS ONE OF THE MAJOR FAILS OF BFA?

Give me a character that is FUN TO PLAY, and I’ll be happy with fields of wolves, and dungeons with assorted baddies, with no timers, affixes, or whatever incredible junk you are trying to cook up.

43 Likes