World quests pet battles balance

Hello.

I’m not a really huge fan of the pet battles, but it’s fun to do world quests once in a while or searching for new pets, but when I tried to do so in Shadowlands, I got kinda confused.
Many of the world quests pets are straight overtuned. I’m not against the difficulty, but overtuned is the exact word I wanted to use. They have no special mechanics to play around or no special powerful attacks to avoid. They just have unbelievably strong stats and absolutely common attacks. In one of my last attempts I took a dragon with magic abilities against a flying pet with all flying abilities. And even when every my attack was 50% buffed and his was 33% debuffed, my pet got steamrolled and his was left with almost half hp. Again, there was no way to play aroud his attacks, there is just flat damage and flat fat.
Even worse, when I searched the forums, I saw the advice to use level 1 pets and… It just worked. So in order to win these battles, I should cheese them.
And finally, some of the boss pets are vice versa, so weak that I need 1 decent pet to get him to 20-30% hp and then finish him with literally anyone.

So I don’t want to whine just to whine, maybe I don’t get anything and you can tell me what. And if I am not the only one feeling the same way, maybe Blizzard will pay attention to this, I don’t want to cheese opponents the whole addon :slight_smile: Thanks

You’re not wrong.

Blizzard made some … strange … decisions about pets post-BfA.

There was the notified change to Shattered Defenses, which was very disruptive but kinda didn’t do much of anything.

Then there was the stealth - stealthy like walking an Elephant through a shop wearing a sheet as a disguise - and totally inappropriate overbuff to weathers.

Then there was the change to Flurry, instead of making other abilities work like Flurry, which is what they should have done.

And now we have the SL WQ, with stats made up from nowhere, and huge variations in difficulty or power, depending how you look at it.

I don’t know who is making these decisions, and I have no idea what they can be thinking, or if they are thinking at all beyond “Change something, at random if necessary.”

So no, it’s not that there’s something you’re not getting. It’s bizarre, and I can’f make any sense of it either.

Having said that, I had no difficulty one-shotting Shadowlands WQ when I first saw them, or even with the Exorcist achievement, but I do have a lot more battle-ready Level 25s than you do. Mind you, you don’t need many pets for the Shadowlands WQ. Rosqo wrote strats to complete all SL WQ with just three Level 25 pets https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?user=2835&display=Strategies

1 Like

The pve meta changed with the Shattered Defence nerfs and weather buffs. It’s a bit like your rotation changing every expansion you just start using the new one.

All the WQs are doable with the same 3 pets so they are all still catered to the most casual of players only after reputation.

The biggest issue was that many of the changes were not noted in any patch notes or official source. It’s meant that alot of players are unaware of them until they encounter the change.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.