Wotlk 2v2 titles

2v2 in wrath is abysmally easy for some classes and by adding titles to it you are going to be devaluing the achievements of other players, so can we instead add different titles or at least not add r1? Why play the harder bracket when you can have a bot que wopal to 3k
competitive integrity matters

6 Likes

as previously mentioned it’s the same as giving normal raiders the same achievements as mythic raiders

On wotlk 2s titles was removed from season 8, people got theyr 2s titles/shoulders in s5/6/7

First of all it was removed in s7 not s8, second of all this doesn’t even matter as it was removed specifically because they figured out it was stupid in s5 and s6, and it has stayed like this since

1 Like

It doesnt mean anything, they did lots of dum decisions then and doin them now. WoW its never intended 2 be cybersport descipline so just let people have fun and get titles where they want. Since tbc 2s even more broken and people still got theyr tirles.

2 Likes

Then give them different titles? What’s the point of doing a hard achievement when you get the same reward from an easy one

Yeah, what’s the point of playing the game and have fun? Someone who doesn’t have fun playing arena won’t be getting these titles anyways

Ah but you’re just missing the point on purpose. There’s no problem with people having fun in 2s and getting reward for 2s, the problem is when this has a demonstrably negative effect on 3s . So the answer is to compromise and give people different titles

3s is the same clown fiesta as 2s and I hope no one will mention 5s, might aswell give out titles from bgs

1 Like

Lmao, I would argue 5v5 is even more braindead than 2v2. Also who cares? You can buy your glad titles as well as every item in the game, so all of your “achievements” in the game are essentially worthless anyway.

I’d love to see titles from 5s removed but nobody plays 5s so it doesn’t matter

With this line of reasoning you could argue everything is “essentially worthless”. This doesn’t mean we have to make things even more worthless than what they already are lol. This whole “who cares” attitude is what drove the game to be bad in the first place when every bit of scepticism is being met with indifference

PvE gear has a demonstrably negative effect on arena and PvP gear in general. Forces arena people to content they dislike and also cause a certain racial to be extremely overpowered. Not even talking about PvE loot dramas due to PvP reasons. As you see, it’s a much bigger problem plaguing arenas than some titles in a bracket, yet we don’t rant about it.

So the existence of bad things justifies the addition of more bad things? I don’t see ur point

1 Like

Yet you rant about a guy speaking out hard truth , maybe focus your energy on whats normal or don’t waste it at all, especially dismissing normal for abysmal.

If you don’t care then you shouldn’t care if some1 else cares , let alone try to shut him down with 0 brain cells invested.

1 Like

I think the issue people have is that OP addresses one issue and does not mention all the other ones. This gives the impression the mentioned problem is the most pressing one, while its not comparably more relevant or impactful than others.

Many things got mentioned already:

• 2v2 balance hasnt been any better in tbc and it still rewards mentioned titles, so its not a big change coming from tbc
  • Playing arena on a competitive level as a dps is impossible without raid gear
  • 5v5 is arguably even more questionable when it comes to grating titles, because of gameplay and activity reasons
  • 3v3 has outstanding combs too, that are really easy to climb with

Also each class does have viable rank1 combs in wotlk 2v2. Its not that the classes are as imbalanced as they were in tbc.

Actually balance in 2v2 in TBC is 10 times better than balance in 3v3 in TBC (if anything 3v3 and 5v5in TBC should be the ones that don’t give any titles since 2v2 is by far most balanced and fair bracket in TBC), having said that its still far from balanced.

Raid gear is a problem, 5v5 yes should never EVER give any titles, but you miss the point, no1 here is saying that WOTLK is a perfect game, however this is a CHANGE from og wotlk that is balanced on last patch and in that same patch 2v2s didnt give any rewards for a reason and this is a a very bad change, so while we can all here agree that WOTLK has many flaws, same like classic wow did , but people are expecting WOTLK that is SAME or abit BETTER and not WORSE than original one.
They clearly arent going to do any balance changes or change the PVE gear effect in arenas, but its not too late for them to revert this BAD change that they are doing out of sheer ignorance.

3v3 does have FOTM comps as well, still doesn’t change the FACT that its more balanced and more FAIR bracket compared to 2v2, it is night and day difference in extent that this imbalance issue is present in 2v2 compared to 3v3.

While you can maybe say every class is rank1 viable in 2v2 - and this is also insanely unfair statement to make when describing 2v2 bracket where x class player will have to be a god compared to some hpal/war team to be on same rating as them (and yes , he has to be 100 times less of a god to be on same rating as that same hpala and warr that plays any FOTM 3v3 comp), that also doesnt change the fact that 1/4 of the specs are rank1 viable in 2s compared to 3v3. There really is no comparison here, one is without a SHRED of doubt superior.

And no1 asked for this change, if anything only change when it comes to rewards being given out is for them to be REMOVED from 5v5 brakcet. This way we might as well give out titles for doing bgs or duels.

So yes, random change that is bad for the game that no1 sane asked for is actually of PRESSING concern compared to already established problems that are generally accepted, making a big change that is out of touch with reality is not good and it should be of pressing concern.

TLDR" We wont fix the problems of WOTLK but we can at least try to not brake whats already fixed.

2 Likes

Sorry, blizzard is right on this one, 2v2 should give titles.
No one should feel obligated to play 3v3 just to get rewards. 3v3 is my favourite bracket and where I achiev higher ranks but 2v2 has its perks.
There’s classes that work way better in 2s (just like there’s some that are fotm in 3s) and it’s way easier to find people to play 2s than 3s, pvp community unfortunately insn’t as big as before.
Most people play this game for rewards, titles being avaiable from 2s/3s means that every specc is viable to get gladiator/r1.
There’s no balanced bracket, let people play what they want. Back then I remember some of my friends quit the game just because gladiator in 2s wasn’t a thing anymore, do you really want to shrink the pvp community even more?

:smiley: You again, give up dude no matter how many brackets there are u can do trilion games and you will still be stuck on your low glad rating, especially in wotlk. If you didn’t get rank1 from 5v5 in TBC and it looks like you tried very hard and failed, there is no hope for you. They could add rank1 titles to bgs and you will probably be left out still on them.
Good riddance your friends quit the game bk in wotlk im glad, all the wussies that give up because they arent good enough should just quit and not plague the community like you are trying to now.

1 Like

It’s about realism. How realistic is it that they will change the game completely like banning raid gear vs how realistic is it they will refrain from making this artificial 2v2 change.

It’s not about balance it’s about required skill to succeed. As mentioned earlier, how do you think mythic raiders were to react if they got the same rewards as normal raiders? In wrath 2v2 is very linear and it gets to a point where there are flowcharts you can follow to win specific matchups, this is a lot less prevalent in 3v3.
It’s not about not letting 2v2 players get rewards, it’s about keeping the rewards different so there’s an incentive to do both

I play this game for fun and sometimes I get gladiator, thats enough for me. I don’t tryhard as u think, I don’t give a damn if my team has a lot of games or bad rating, I don’t dodge, I don’t snipe.
Your arguments and wall of texts are pathethic, no one takes you serious.
You keep talking about ratings and don’t even have the balls to post with your main character and then entitle yourself as a “15x r1 player”. :'D Hilarious.
Looks like u love 3s omegaskill bracket and care a lot about ratings but then u don’t talk about my 3s? In 3s I play a non meta comp and we were rank9 before summer break, wanna trash talk about that too?
This is the last time I waste time writting a reply for you, u are those type of persons that are just a waste of time. Gl in getting your duelist title in wotlk 3s :smiley: