WOTLK classic is inferior to the original

I don’t know about you guys but I’m already bored with Wrath Classic.

I find myself AFKing in Dalaran waiting for PUGs most of the time with nothing else to do.
Why is that? I had really fond memories of the original version that I played like 10 hours/day and never got bored of.

I’ve changed that’s for sure and I already know the expansion so there’s no element of surprise but I don’t think that’s why I’m bored.
I think it has more to do with the changes Blizz made and their total inaction vs bots.

If you combine the free hand outs of consumables with the extreme availability of bot gold, the end result is players no longer have any reason to farm gold themselves out in the world and this leads to dead zones with no social interactions and no WPvP. Also this stimulates GDKP raids where all the gold buyers can spend their riches, increasing wait times for legit players LF normal raids.

There’s also instanced PvP that I could do but DKs are stupidly OP and BGs are filled with bots so no thanks.

3 Likes

Level up a new character, maybe that will get you going again.

Wotlk is giga boring. Worst expansion. Berny suggests dropping wow for now and waiting for glorious Pandaria.

4 Likes

Classic was a quick and easy cashgrab but should’ve never existed imo.

I played OG and Classic TBC/Wrath and it is exactly the same, minus the “new” and “wow” factors that create the nostalgia we all have.

Playing classic ruined this nostalgia for me, Turning WoD/MoP into my fav xpacks instead off TBC/Wotlk…

But it is not “Inferior” as the original, it’s exactly the same raid logging simulator it was.

Yea WOTLK is an afking simulator more so than retail.

1 Like

It’s not the game’s fault that you are bored. You just became more boring as you grew older.
Right now I am having fun soloing old content, just did tiger and raptor bosses in ZG and right now I am experimenting with soloing attumen in kara.

Haven’t you done that already?

On point, a lot less people play Wrath Classic than played Wrath in 2009 and if you buy gold Blizzard may get around to banning you.

Most players on PvP realms don’t like WPvP, they play on them because they are full one sided realms.

Blame theorycrafting and min-max culture.

2 Likes

Blame the fact that it’s a 15 year old game we already solved 15 years ago.
Whoever played this 15 years ago and now expect something entirely different, new, exciting, you guys are delusional.
Blows my mind that so many people don’t realize this.
The theorycrafting and minmaxing is something people do to make it less boring, to make it a little different than how we played before.
We’ll NEVER feel the same again as we did when we were playing in 2008. Stop trying to find something to blame but yourself, stop living in a fantasy, stop the copium hufing.

1 Like

Getting gear is much easier now, why did we need the chance to gain 140 badges before even stepping into heroics? 2part T7 being the preraid is also silly

You need to set goals for yourself, expand your horizons from just raiding. I play a lot more than most and I keep myself busy with achievements, pvp, alts, farming mounts/gold, guild events and of course, raiding 2x a week

2 Likes

Damned commies wanna take our wotlk again !

dks are not OP, this is 3.3.5a patch back then when wotlk came out dks were OP…
Ur old boomer that cant enjoy game anymore also you expect it to be like in 2009 thats another reason u cant enjoy it anymore - high expectations= :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I have a toy car I played with when I was 4 years old aswell, strange how it got boring to me now.

Yeah, imagine having to do 1 World Tour (2 hours) instead of wasting 5 hours questing for the same amount of badges, This is most likely the factor that keeps people AFKing in Dalaran, without doubt.

Plain and simple. If WOTLK is boring its becuase peoples expectations and need to be entertained simply isnt in line with WOTLK. I wouldnt play if I was online to be AFK while waiting for the next reset only, there’s plenty other games and activites to do instead.

Once again people behave like somebody is forcing them to play/be online, and think somehow the forums or Blizzard could find a way to keep them busy 12 hours/day.

1 Like

Oddly enough, that’s exactly the same thing that I was doing in this phase of the original too!

1 Like

Classic, as a whole, isn’t anywhere near the quality of original Vanilla, TBC and Wrath because of the “New Blizzard” being totally out of touch with the playerbase, min-max culture and the rapid decline of mankind, a race whose young breed is more narcissistic, impatient and ungrateful than ever before.

You just can’t roll back the time, unfortunately. If only the Caverns of Time were real…

2 Likes

Aside from the fact that raid content is slightly easier I don’t see any difference in how I feel about Wrath Classic compared to regular Wrath. I remember original Wrath was when I spent most of my time playing other games, just because there was nothing left to do after I was done with achievements. It’s been known for a long time that player retention tanked during Wrath and only kept getting worse after. I myself quit around the launch of ToTC because our guild fell apart after some people just stopped coming back. I hope I’ll get to kill the Lich King this time at least.

Now you know where those “Classic+” boomer memes come from - later expansions are simply not as engaging as the earlier ones.

You are me from 10 years ago.
I quit WoW shortly after Ulduar for the exact same reason: nothing to do, and not many people are interested in what I wanted to do.
But I think in retrospect that I was “wrong”: I just needed to find the right guild, find the right people. You seem to have the same problem. Don’t you have a guild that suits your needs? Have you tried finding it? Have you tried forming it by yourself?

1 Like

It is because cynicism is more dominant now because of the way Blizzards exercise customer-service.

You got alot of stuff wrong here, not gona bother replying when you think one world tour is 2 hours and thinking it reward the same? and you totaly missed the point. Getting badges while lvling is a bonus we dident have before.