Would love to see fresh servers you cant transfer to for the first month or two

Title kinda says it all.
I, and several of my friends haven’t played since early classic. And have all been waiting for TBC. And we feel like the experience is kinda gonna be ruined by people knowing what mats are worth etc coming into tbc. And having saved up goldcap on several chars etc etc.
Would be awesome to have that 0-70 leveling experience with that race there was last time.

7 Likes

I like how they opened up the TBC section and the first thread is about fresh servers. It shows people are looking to adress this properly most of the time. I’ve got no issues with boosts either as this would spread the leveling zones even more on fresh servers but it doesn’t make sense tbh. It’s still an option you can use or ignore. Spreading hate because there’s an option is laughable.

Opening new servers has literally no downside for Blizzard in any way. Those that will not play without new servers will not start lvling on old servers, boosting or even paying subscriptions.
Depending on the situation they had during their meetings, I think the payload for x-additional servers was on board as well. Speaking about how they send out letters with polls they had a rough idea from players that still play/ed at that time. I myself did and never received the letter. Those but a few, that would want fresh servers were never asked. So currently there is no documentation on how many actually would pay for fresh servers. There was no decission to make in the mettings than.
When they announced new server for classic during the start we, as a guild, already settled and switched servers already because of the amount of people we saw online or others we’ve spoken to. We did not settle down on a new fresh server after the release because of the login ques because we’ve forseen this, we’ve switched to a lower populated server that still was capped after the release. Another switch was just unbearable. Comparing fresh servers from then with fresh servers people currently seek for TBC doesn’t work because their release situation is(could/should be) different.
I guess, it’s waiting for Blizzard to gather more information and actually set up meetings for those requests.

2 Likes

F R E S H tbc please <3
No transfers, NO BOOSTS.

2 Likes

Copying and pasting some reasons for F R E S H TBC from the US forums since they’ve put it very nicely:

• It will be a more rewarding experience gearing my character. A constant flow of upgrades while levelling. And when I get to 70, dungeons/heroics will actually mean something beyond reputation. I won’t be relying on my T3 to get me through all phase 1 content.
  • A new community. New faces. New friendships. New guilds popping up left, right and centre.
  • Re-experiencing that levelling rush from 1 to 60.
  • Trickling through the gates rather than an entire server at once means less layers in Outland and overall, a more enjoyable experience.
  • Everybody starting on even terms.
  • Nobody has 10 alchemists/tailors ready to go.
  • Nobody has spent months hoarding every little bit of beneficial item because they know the entire contents of an unreleased expansion.
  • And nobody with gold cap, which I don’t even consider a big deal.

^by Tiff of the Caelestrasz server

• Going to play Blood Elf, would be nice to not be against people who stockpiled gold/materials and already have Naxx gear.
  • Want to start a guild, meet cool people over time and overcome challenges together. Where o one is having max level chars run them through dungeons.
  • Want to play on PvP server. It will be annoying to see hardly anyone in the world while many used that lvl 58 boost, are protected by their max level friends, and be against those who stockpiled so they already bought everything thats the best, trivializing the experience.
  • Want an economy reset. The stockpiling and dirty gold has an effect on many things, the economy is the most obvious one. I don’t want to see a level 12 green mace being sold for 80 gold. You don’t need examples, we all know how multiple toons with 30,000k gold will break the realms economy and trivialize content.
    It will be fun to see others doing Jewelcrafting and selling what they made for reasons prices so they can make a profit, as well as all other professions. This whole interaction of crafting and selling feels like the faction is helping each other all throughout.
  • Want people to be trickling into Outland not swarming it like a sudden Zerg infestation was released requiring the use of 100 Layers, which I’m sure will cause slowdown on the whole realm.
    As well as want people to be spread out at all levels, not 97% at 60 and 3% at level 1, over time that will not be a great experience. Once you finally reach 58 you enter Outland and get smashed any time anyone feels bored.
  • It just won’t be fun. It won’t be an adventure leveling up, it will feel like pressure to level up as fast as you can so you can actually play with others, get gear, etc. It won’t feel natural.
    It’s a completely different experience playing on a fresh realm vs starting out level 1 as a Blood Elf on servers with mostly max level characters who stockpiled gold and mats.

TLDR;
We want Fresh TBC realms for basically the same reasons Fresh TBC realms were originally wanted and appreciated. It should be no surprise there is a desire for this, and those servers WILL fill up fast I promise you. IMO one new TBC realm per region won’t be enough for some regions, but they could start with one and if it fills up too much they can open more - just like they originally did when TBC first launched.

^by Ashana of the Tichondrius server

5 Likes

Wow OP, that is one offensive name.

bump for logic. if someone feels left out on a progression server, they can always start on the fresh server and experience the game at their own pace.
no boosts needed, tbc is 1-70, not just 58-70

1 Like

Yes, please! Thanks.

Economy reset, alot of groups forming, players leveling without dungeon boost spam, etc.

New (F R E S H) realms will fill up instantly. There will be a ton of new players coming for TBC and Blizz should listen to the community and provide at least a couple of new realms for every region.

2 Likes

If you really want to keep in spirit with original tbc servers you’d lock transfers for 6 months :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.