Would soloqueue RBG's work?

Especially if you prevented tanks from being able to queue since Guardian Druid /= BDK etc. While never going to be entirely fair and you would be playing team comp rng, it might at least get the games rolling a bit faster.

7 dps, 3 healers and you and enemy team get to ban 1 map out of an option of 3.

Is it even feasible?

5 Likes

I can already imagine the complaining on this forum if that were the case: Oh no, the opposing team got a decent comp and we got 2 arcane mages and we didn’t even get a rogue, that would be so interesting!

no, because that would make us play the game more, instead of waiting in premade group finder all day. Not the best decision for blizzard playtime business strategy.

4 Likes

I would love this. I sometimes spend a long time trying to find a group…

2 Likes

Personally would not mind it.

But I would imagine it would basically be random BGs with rating attached. And people would be upset if for instance their team had someone with no gear etc. And if it was more rewarding than random BGs people would just do soloqueue RBGs, and you would get people who just randomly fight mid, dont call incs and so on…which would probably not be the RBG experience you want?

2 Likes

I guess there could be an ilvl cap that stops people from queueing RBGs solo until you have at least full honor gear to stop people from signing up in blues an greens- kind of like how LFR works right now but more strict.

The gear disparity tied to rating is a problem though if blizzard had any sense they would have some smart matchmaking going on that would have average team ilvl be the same. But if its strictly solo queue at least there wouldn’t be a boosting problem?

It would work and be infinitely more played than regular RBG. A lot of the negative takes are just from those people that like to be negative for the sake of it, without thinking about what they are saying. As in getting comps that are not optimal alot. Yet they easily and quite conviniently forget the opposing team has exactly the same chance as you do to have a sub-optimal team.

Finally, yes it would be great for rated solo RBG.

Could work without tanks, at least its much faster and alt friendly. 3vs3 soloque does not work, because there is always a weak link that gets focused and it makes no sense as well, its not hard to check 1-2 people to do arenas.

The real issue is indeed rated bgs, who wants to check 9 other guys just to push to a mid rating, like 1.6K? I have to spend more time to check groups and apply to them than playing, because the group disappears after a few wins or just 1 lose.

On top of that you get no real rating, as well if not most of the CR is equallly distributed.

Its a pain in LFG, at least there should be a CR filter to smooth it out.

The other problem is, the boosters and glads that just want to farm conquest early in a season by doing casually rbgs. Maybe increase CP rewards in arenas to prevent this abuse of rbgs?

Yeah i am for soloque rated bgs or maybe they should just replace the normal bgs, whats the purpose of normal bgs of retail in 2022?

But rated gives the bgs meaning, while unrated has no meaning, thus no effort. Its some incentive, the benefit is to have more playtime instead than spending a lot of time in a lobby.

The technical sides can be fixes easily, by increasing the minimal ilvl in the instance(current soloque) or let people only apply to rated bgs with good enough ilvl(like LFR)

Suboptimal is better than wasting time in a lobby. If you got high CR/MMR teams, this is not optimal, its good for casually doing it, as entry point and alts.

And it makes more sense to have rated bgs as soloque than arenas for sure. I actually see soloque rbgs as an requirement to make pvp great again in wow, while i just wouldn’t mind soloque arenas, but thats just a QoL change, rather than a requirement to play games. Checking 1-2 dudes vs 9 is quite the difference, and all the addons to check pvp achievs and ratings do not work anyways on most people.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.