Would you date the person above you? #44

The priest feels uncomfortable as he is unable to think of an answer, which would quickly but politely refuse the void elf’s offer.
“Sorry child of the void, I cannot join you. The light demands my presence in Stormwind. I am sure that you will be able to find another partner. Someone who is… let’s say… darker than me.”
He then turns away with embarrased smile and continues his vigil.

“While it would be amusing to hire a professional to drag you down on the road of sin, my dear, and watching and documenting your spiraling downfall from grace to the bottom of a harlot filled pit… I have to pass this opportunity, like our date”

“A Nightborne…”
Shalim considers how he feels about this affair.
“Well you look good, but I don’t trust your kind. Have you even considered what it means to be with a demon hunter? It isn’t as simple as hiding behind a magical shield or siding with Legion to save your beautiful city. Sacrifices need to be made. Something, that you cannot underestand”

‘‘A-haaa! ~ You woooould just make the perfect subject. ~ Oh! Oh! I do understand indeed many things. Just one rune here and one spell there aaaand the result would be juuuuust perfect! So, what do you say? It’s an offer you just can’t deny! ~’’

“Don’t get me wrong… I adore anything magical and studying together sounds like good fun. But. I can see when someone wants me as a test subject rather than a fellow explorer to learn something together. This, I won’t agree to. Can deny the offer one cannot deny.”

Cathríon raises a brow slightly as she sees Laurenn’s crown. “I’m aware one suffering from your condition has to have somewhat of a warped sense of reality in order to remain sane to a degree, but that?”

She sighs slightly, beginning to saunter off. “I don’t think so. The reasons are too numerous to list, and ironically, that tiara is most likely on the bottom of it rather than the top.”

“Ehm. I am not much into fashion and such, so please don’t judge me for that. Maybe we can talk about recent trends? Why rogues wear masks and such? It would be nice if you took yours off for me. Just for a while of course. I would be glad to see the rest of your face”

“Sorrow borne of exile’s cost, each morn’ to mourn that which was lost. Each step taken, a past to shed in pieces, mountains grown in passing’s wake, a pain which never ceases. Struck so low by staff and crown, stagger’d steps lead further down. Ever treading where one might, daylight passed to eternal night.”

She pauses, gesturing to nowhere in particular rather dismissively, a hint of spite to her tone.

“The sundial thus bent casts falsehood with its shadow…”

“Don’t be too hard on him. Most of us regret what happened, and some take it harder than others. Anyway, I’d love to go somewhere quiet and talk, just the two of us. You, ah, might have to be patient with me, though. I sometimes need a minute to figure out the poetry. It’s great, I’m just not really used to it yet.”

2 Likes

“I’m feeling a bit lonely nowadays… may I join you two? Or at least go somewhere with you later? Some company could do me good, really. May buy you wine, if you wish.”

“Iam always up for meeting with my friends. If you didn’t mind, I would join you in your journey”

Looks at the elves gathered and just turns to leave, waving a hand as she does.

“Don’t take it the wrong way, but think i’ll pass… While I do mind a good party, I get a feeling this one won’t the most entertaining one.”

Finding a table nearby she takes a seat by it and waits, ordering a glass of brandy as she does.

Hmm… little voidling, I think the anwers would be definitely a yes to a date

“Definitely not interested. All she does is either try to sacrifice you to dark gods or whisper ancient, eldritch secrets from beyond space and time. And I hear that stuff literally all the time now - I wish they’d shut up, really.”

2 Likes

"We don’t need to take this a step further, but if you wish a sympathetic ear than those that whisper now, then I can do that. Even an Ebon Knight such as I need to do something else than wander the cold halls every night and day.

Besides. I am quite experienced to strange, disembodied voices whispering doom and gloom in my head in the past. Maybe I can share a few tips."

“The only tip worth mentioning is to not wield powers you cannot handle. Don’t be silly bull, if one is weak, it will stay weak. You seem bored of your afterlife. I never understood how it feels like to be death and still alive. I must admit that I would rather not experience it. I always try to keep thoughts of death away from me, so I can focus on my work. Yes work. That is something you should find. Make yourself useful, your powers are needed alsewhere. There is a little time for dating these days, but I cannot judge you. Even I am sometimes feeling lonely.”

“I have a feeling you may know how it feels to be dead yet still alive far better than you realise … I mean …” Atheliyah gestures to Shalim’s body. “… how much closer to death can you really get besides having fel literally causing your skin to crack? Naturally I have no desire to spend any time in close proximity with such a creature, hence my response shall be no.”

1 Like

“It is sad, that you judge people so easily. It seems it is the nature of blood elves. While I have no intentions to date you, I will advice you to get deeper thoughts behind one’s actions before you pass judgement. My fel body is what keeps me alive, it may no look good, but that is enough for me. Don’t let yourself get blinded by someones appearance, it may help you in your dating affairs.”

How would you rather someone judge you, exactly? You ate a demon, it now lives inside of you, and your empty eye sockets billow fel smoke.

2 Likes

Laurenn walks up to Atheliyah, speaking to her in Thalassian. She hopes Shalim doesn’t understand the language!

“I see he keeps bothering you, eh? Want to pretend I’m taking you somewhere just so that he leaves you be? Should have the decency not to stalk you. Of course we’ll part ways once out of his sight… don’t think you’re any fonder of my voidy state than you are of his fel-corrupted one. So… want my help there?”