Would you date the person above you? #44

“‘Not part of the Legion’ is hardly a shining endorsement. What you are part of is the Horde, a force much less powerful, but no less vile. But I offer you the chance I offer any Blood Elf: Renounce it now, Silvermoon and all, and prove yourself better than the scum with which you associate. If you will not, then you must burn.”

1 Like

"Sadly my dear Eredar friend, you are not in the position to make such an offer in the name of the Alliance… but the tought that counts I supose. As for the Horde membership, don’t tell anyone, but the noble Tauren, the wise Pandaren and the honorable Sin’Dorei are like us, the Shal’Dorei. Suramar is not the strongest supporter of that corpse, turst me! Soon… soon… untill then, you are welcomed in Suramar, especially if you bring back the Eye of Aman’thul we… lended to Khadgar and the Kirin’tor and for some reason you amateur mages forgot to give back to its rightfull owners!’

1 Like

“You are no rightful owner of that eye. It is a powerful artifact, given to us by Titan, that is supposed to protect whole Azeroth. Not a single city of cowards, who were hiding and then cooperating with the Legion instead of fighting it.”
Shalim spits on the ground.
"You thinking that you are any better than other races, while also proving yourselfs to be worse than any other, by colaborating with the enemy and making an obstacle between us and Legion’s destruction, is something really arrogant. If I were you, I would hide in your shiny city for another thousands of years and hope that before that period of time, your treason will be forgotten. "

"Yeaaaahhhh… "

Mahli’ficia tilts her head and looks the other way, away from the Demon Hunter; her expression supremely skeptical.

“Noooooo… this won’t work. He is never going to mesh well with the crowd I hang out with.”

“You and I have much in common… not enough for a date, but we could have a nice diner together! Or peeling the skin and tattoos off from that preachy Demon Hunter…”

“Yer daft if yer think I’m put anything in the goat o’ the lot that’s most likely to have worms.”

“Goat? Well I’ve heard the Dwarves figured out how to prevent pregnancy by using the lower intestine of a goat. It was later improved upon by using the lower intestine without the rest of the goat…”

She raises her glass of Arcwine with a smile

“As for the date? I will pass, thank you…”

“And where’d ye hear that, lass? Among the elvish whispers of ye bubble city?”

Modgar a loud grumble is disagreement.

“No date. Sneery, like the night elves… But no fight about 'em. No, thank ye! And you can keep your sparkly spit water!”

The blueberry-coloured elf looks hastily to her left and then to her right. She then wipes a strand of hair from her face.

‘‘Oh dear, I believe that I am hearing voices. Something bubble… something city! A-ha! Maybe I should get myself some sleep. Three hours a day is probably not good for my mental health and outer beauty.’’

“Well dear… Technically even in Suramar I am still a free game in the dating compartment… Let’s enjoy a lazy day and evening in estate or on beach side… and as far as my house is concerned… We can do both at the same time.”

“If you’d agree to a night out, it would be my honor to entertain you for the evening. I happen to know a portal spell that will take us to the alternate Draenor, straight to Shadowmoon Valley. I don’t know if you’ve ever been, but I’d be delighted to show you around some of its beautiful sights.”

Ny’la greets him with a smile. “A Draenei? I’ve met a handfull of your people. Always kind, always understanding. Always willing to have an open mind.” she says. She puts her fingers to her chin, thinking. “Perhaps not a date, but… I believe a long conversation would do? Perhaps you can tell me a thing or two about magic?”

“I know something better… how about a thing or two about the Darkness? I’ve heard your Moon Goddess have a darker side, and your kind always loved to blend in to the shadows… come Children of the Stars… let me whisper horrible truths and beautiful lies in to your pointy ear, accept my dark embrace and let us dance together at the edge of wisdom and madness”

1 Like

"No, no, no. I’m hoping for your sake that the dark act is all a bad joke. Anyway, if not with your lifespan you’ll have a lot of time to think on the silly choices you’re making. Look, I crave adventure and excitement as much as any guy but inviting Madness for a bloody picnic inside my head? I need a word stronger than no for that. "

“Oh, you get used to it. The pseudo-understandable whispers of entropy and madness slithering from the Void or the temptations and lies of powerful demons are only really novel the first few times. Given enough time however, you get used to them and they become part of the background noise. Kind of like an annoying sibling who you just get used to.”

“You do realise a strong assassination tactic is to wait until the target is comfortable.” The druid sits nearby, a cat burying itself into the night elf in fear of the Void Elf.

A hand rests on its fur, “Do not dishonour your people before you become this…” The kaldorei gestures towards the Void Elf, “and let yourself fall due to complacency. That all said, no date. Stars guide.”

“Good advice. We do get better at keeping them back, relegating them to background noise, but we’re taught never to really let down our guard. The whispers of the Void may seem incoherent, and they often are, but there are greater intelligences at work, and sometimes they work in strange ways. I can’t be sure I haven’t yet caught N’zoth’s personal attention. Still, does no good to just curl up in Telogrus - we have this power now, we will use it to protect Azeroth.”

She pauses, realizing where she is. “And, well, also have a social life, but I expect nothing I just said has made a date with me sound very enticing.”

"You would really believe that? Actually everything you just said is interesting and should be remembered. I strugled recently to keep the voices off me and I am really slow student at this. I fear that I might not be strong enough to dismiss whispers of Nzoth, if he chooses to tempt me. If you could give me a few lessons I would be grateful. Then we could go together to Silithus to see what we can do to help with Azeroth’s protection. "

“Okay, while I’m not really romantically interested in you… I suppose I could show you a few techniques regarding handling the Void? Keep in mind that this is a rather personal matter, everyone’s whispers will tempt them in different ways, everyone’s will be a bit different. But perhaps the ways I deal with them will prove effective to you?”

“The Light saved my people. I may not agree with completely giving yourself to the Light but I would do it any day over giving myself to the void. You wield these powers like Children wielding fire. It is not a power you can over hope to control. I could not in good conscience date someone who would even consider toying with such evil.”