WoW as Lost it's heart and soul

I wanted to make this post for awhile but something always put me off, I love wow I really do tho I still don’t get panders but whatever xD. So I have been ghosting the bordes and I have seen a lot of hate for SL, but in truth you can’t make everyone happy 100% of the time, and ofc haters will always hate regardless of the issues at hand.

But like most I feel something is missing from Wow I can’t put my finger on it, but today I was running daily quests and I had some random wow music on and it was This then it dawned on me, I have no connection to what am doing or why am doing it. I do daily quest’s to get 2 or 3 more ilvl or a resource that I don’t really get why am getting it but I still do, I just don’t get the story line anymore.

The focus as change from quests with a heart to gearing just to kill a big bad just to get more gear and for what??? For it to all change again in a few patches to once again jump on the same bandwaggon. Since Wrath how many quests have stayed with you? How many do you even remember? How many NPC’s really do you remember, apart from the main heros 80% of them might as well be no face no name just quest giver one quest giver two and on and on

People wanted the classic experance, but the damage was done, wow stopped doing the epic quest lines that took you over 3-4 zones quests you felt mattered to the NPC’s at the time, it became not about the quest but what you got for the quest. People wanted to kill the big bad dragon 40 noobs all in one place HAVING FUN it was chaos but in a good way, people remember that, thats why some items matter not due to there stats but what they represent at the time.

To me wow lost the soul of the game, I still play and will carry on I even go back on a lowbie to do some of the epic quests.

Wow should be about community, questing and making new ally’s and yes even enemys, then raiding, people don’t care about gear that as no impact on them, what’s so important about a sword if your going to upgrade it in two patches? For the items to mean something the quest that give it you need’s to mean something.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.