WoW changed your life?

I know alot of WoW is corny and or edgy with it’s quotes but are there any quotes that effected you irl?

I know this might be a cheesy thread but mine would have to be:
“But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people.”

from the wrath cinematic.

What about you, anything that suprisingly inspired you either as a kid or even now?

Changed it in the way that I spend my free time but other than that not much.

But this thead did make me think of this (old) news article I read once

TL;DR:

Hans Jørgen Olsen, a 12-year-old Norwegian boy, saved himself and his sister from a moose attack using skills he picked up playing the online role playing game World of Warcraft.

3 Likes

Damn that’s insane, go him wth

Considering a huge failure/losee to be “merely a setback” is a definite positive influence tho

4 Likes

Not really, I just quote it half the time like:
“A turtle made it to the water!”
BURN IT!!
“Merely a setback!”
“YOU FACE JARAXXUS”

etc.

2 Likes

ERADAR LORD OF THE BURNING-BURNING LEGION!

insert rest of the glorious song

1 Like

None that I can think of to be fair

1 Like

always. i use it always.

anyway. wow it never changed my life but

1. gave me a lot of fun (in game and on forum)
  2. helped me to improve a bit my poor english
1 Like

Glad to hear it man, sounds good ^^

1 Like

Would exactly say it changed my life but this is reflective of gearing up every season and bashing our heads against higher keys/new bosses or difficulties in raids:-

1 Like

All the exposure to wow spiders has helped me get over the worst of my arachnophobia, i can now deal with small spiders and only freeze/freak at the mahoosive ones :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

5 Likes

Saame boat here, was really bad, used a bike shed with dead/small ones everywhere on the ceiling and stuff, problem is I was relatively tall so I had to crouch otherwise my hair would get in it and then I’d freak out. Nightmare fuel that was, but my arachnaphobia is thankfully residing.

1 Like

Probably.

Think of all the more productive stuff I could’ve done instead!

2 Likes

get an emulator and play eye of beholder 1. the 3rd level helped me a lot. now spiders never bother me anymore.

What you’re saying doesn’t make any sense , you don’t know what your future would have been if u didn’t play wow or played another game .

Impossible to tell if u have done something more meaningful than platying wow .

A quote? No.
The game itself? Absolutely.
There was a long time where i felt lonely. I had people around me but no friends, no one i could be me with.
When i started WoW it gave me some escapism from it, while over time it brought me in contact with all kinds of people that i never would have met otherwise. One of the most important people i’ve met was my wife back in 2012.

I joined her guild back then and started playing with her and talking over skype. At the end of 2013 we decided to meet up and i flew to Sweden in December of 2013. I was not prepared(I guess one quote applies :joy:) for the cold weather in Sweden and stood there freezing my butt off at the trainstation in jeans, a shirt and sneakers. 3 months later i decided to give up everything i had in my own country and move over to her. We’ve been living together ever since and are currently engaged and we got 4 kids.

3 Likes

It confirmed my theory I was destined for greatness. Twenty years n still waiting but it’s confirmed damn it!

1 Like

Mostly mine comes down to Quoting too.
When anything bad happens, I just tell my friends ‘At least I have chicken…’

I mostly learned English by playing the game.

This game also taught me that I enjoy annoying people a lot.

Now I like if the orc does a fart , before I am afraid of him . Now he is O K

1 Like