WoW classic - black screen issues

Hi,

I have used other postings in this forum as well as other forums as reference in trying to solve this issue; articles, youtube, google and professional help have been used and advised. None of the recommendations or tips have solved the issue yet.

I am facing black screen issues only when playing WoW. It does not happen when playing other games. It occurs randomly during gameplay. The screen goes black - then monitor goes to sleep - sound and other programs running can still be heard in the background. Need to force a restart on the computer button to get rid of the black screen. I have done the following things in trying to solve the issue:

• full reset of the computer to factory settings
  • updated all drivers on everything through Driver Booster
  • gpu drivers fully removed (using DDU) and reinstalled (using Nvidia Geforce Experience)
  • tried different monitor cables - vga, dvi, displayport and hdmi
  • several stress tests on hardware for many hours: gpu, cpu, ram storage, power supply unit, mother board etcetera - using the following softwares: Memtest, OCCT, Prime65 - no errors detected
  • monitored the temperatures on hardware during gameplay, gpu max 78 degrees and cpu max 60 degrees
  • lowered WoW graphics to low (3 of 10)
  • tried other RAM memories
  • launched WoW on DirectX11 instead of 12.
  • disabled AddOns
  • closed any other background running programs and/or any other program that might interfere with WoW
  • removed subfolders in the WoW program folder according to recommendations and also reinstalled WoW
  • no overclocking or manipulation of BIOS - everything is set to default

What else can I do and what may the issue be caused from?

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: Nvidia geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM: Ballistix 4GB DD3 1600 mhz (also tried 16 GB Hynix DDR3 1333 mhz)

Heya Gnoosi, sorry to hear about the issue you have.

At this stage I think we will need to have a look at your PC with the system files as you have already done quite a bit of troubleshooting. Once you have the files created, use a website like Pastebin to copy the files into and provide a link to that in your response to this thread. To provide links, use the pre-formatted text button (</> symbol)

MSInfo:
https://pastebin.com/FBNWPsFF

dxdiag:
https://pastebin.com/2fkGW27x

Hey Gnoosi,

Thanks for those files. There don’t appear to be direct crashes with world of warcraft happening so it’s likely other programs causing problems with the card. It might be worth rechecking the connection again, but the main programs you have enabled that could cause problems are the two overlays from Nvidia and Windows game bar. The game bar can be disabled with these steps and disabling the nvidia share overlay can be done by following the steps on nvidias support page here.