WoW Classic causes blue screen

Whenever I try to launch WoW Classic from Battle.net launcher, the game automatically crashes and causes my computer to crash along with it, giving a blue screen with the error “video_scheduler_internal_error”. I updated my GPU drivers, reinstalled them, reinstalled the game and the Battle.net launcher, none of them works. I thought it may be because the addons I use from CurseForge might cause it, so I tried to run the game after uninstalling everything related to addons and CurseForge, the same thing happened.

The weird thing is when I try to launch the game directly from the source folders, it works with no issues whatsoever, just that it doesn’t detect my Battle.net account so I have to login manually. How can I fix this?

EDIT : This started to happen after I started using a new monitor hooked up to my laptop, before that I was using my laptop screen to play.

And obviously this was caused by WoW :wink:

But seriously, if the issue started after plugging in the monitor then the issue is almost certainly driver or hardware related. Suggestion in no particular order of priority:

• If your laptop has multiple GPUs make sure WoW is running using the correct one.
  • Try disabling the browser hardware acceleration in the launcher (Main menu -> Settings -> App).
  • Clean and reinstall the newest drivers for GPU(s)
  • Try to run in DirectX 11 if you are using 12 and other way around. (
  • Make sure the cables are properly connected
  • Try with a different cable