WoW Classic - European realms structure

As we get closer to WoW Classic’s release, we thought now would be a good time to talk about our plans for Classic realms here in Europe.

We’ve prepared several realms, which will include Player vs Player, Player vs Environment, and Role-playing realms.

For Classic, we’re planning on not splitting up realms by language. This has its advantages and disadvantages, but overall, we think that it’s the best starting point for WoW Classic. An exception will be made for the Russian language, which will have separate realms due to its reliance on the Cyrillic Alphabet. For technical reasons this will also mean Russian is going to have its own separate game client, similar to what happened in The Burning Crusade.

We think this approach will give players more freedom to move around to where they want, and find guilds and friends that best match their interests.

Promoted EU servers on release ?
Wait Blizzard are you deleting non english posts on this Forum ? What a disregard after what you did
RP-PVP Servers, can we ATLEAST get 1?
Wait Blizzard are you deleting non english posts on this Forum ? What a disregard after what you did
Promoted EU servers on release ?
To Blizzard from Europe
📊 European servers VS national servers: the poll!
Classic RP vs Expansion RP
RP-PvP servers discussion
listed #2

pinned #3

I don’t understand why you would do this. I could end up on a server with no or very few English speaking players. How would that give me more freedom?

Very sad to see no RPPvP among the list despite it being a MUCH more popular realm according to a survey among tens of thousands of Classic enthusiasts.

“Role-playing realms” does this mean we get RP-PVP too?

I would say that is a discrimination by Russian language. Very sad to see. Why is it working well on any PTR server?
Can we play in EU client on Russian server?

What are the technical problems with the Russian language? On the PTR everything works fine. What kind of reservation is that again?

Ridiculous.

We will punish the players for intolerance, but we will single out the Russians as a separate leper herd.

These are some great news, as I planned to play with my EU based guild anyways.

I am sure that this will make for interesting community building and introduce people to more opportunities in the long run. :^)

this is so ugly… i cant believe it… plz gief us national servers for german at least!

Not everyone can type in Cyrillic, if I tell a random person to invite “Иниох”, they’ll have a hard time doing so. Or searching for someone etc. Though I would argue that the same thing probably applies to names with Latin characters that are outside of the normal English alphabet(like some French, German, Scandinavian etc).

With other languages there will be the same problems. But they separated only Russian.

Probably, that you either take a name that other EU players can read, or use the RU server.

I doubt that there will be a regional ban.

I beg you for RP-PVP server. just one. Please.

That is about choice. Just let people play on any langugage client on any server… (of course names on EU should be in English)

Can I use English client on Russian realms? Currently I can play beta or PTR without any issues with Russian client.

Very glad about this.
Finally I don’t have to see russian language anymore.

Hope chinese players will stay on chinese servers as well.

Both of those were major problems on Privateservers, as they ALWAYS kept using their own language in the public chats even though the rules said english only.

How can I tell my group how many mobs have I killed for a quest, if my client is in french and I don’t know the exact translation of the mobs names ?
Bad news for people not really good with english, as me…