WoW Classic Goes Live August 27th!

Mark your calendars: WoW Classic goes live worldwide August 27!

Whether your battle cry is “For the Horde!” or “For the Alliance!”, there’s no shortage of adventure awaiting you in the vast continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.

See below for details on the exact time you can log in and experience the origins of World of Warcraft.

Create Your Character

If you’re eager to claim your character name in WoW Classic, take note: we’ll be opening character creation on Tuesday, August 13. Players with an active subscription or game time on their account will be able to create up to three characters per World of Warcraft account. We’ll have more information on realm names closer to launch, but rest assured—you’ll have plenty of time to figure out your plans for realm domination!

Classic release & beta announced!
About the classic release
Nice word play though
pinned #2

I’ve been so glad with you guys up until now, gotta say, worst possible outcome for release date. What’s the point in calling it a classic summer? wtf?

(Öxkojgshng) #4

HOW IS THIS SUMMER ?? You dont say Classic summer AND THEN RELEASE AT THE END OF AUGUST!=!=!"¤=!¤=!"¤I&(%¤)/%&(=&/)/(&)

(Deed) #5

Why did people believe in an Inappropriate choice of words. Clearly they did not mean Classic will release in June.

Not really summer then, since it’s autumn a few weeks later. Still happy to get a release date though!

indeed - Classic summer ???
I am very disappointed.

(Kèrveros) #8

Very disappointing… truly worst possible release date :frowning:

No sh*t, did i say they meant that? I expected late july or early august in worst case, best case early july.

(Deed) #10

That’s too bad dear.
:3

(Kaminar) #11

Looking forward to this. Shame it’ll start when I’m away on holiday xD

What a complete joke this is. Can’t wait for 4 days of an amazing classic summer

Jobs will have started, school will have started, etc etc. They could’ve aswell just waited for december.

Can’t wait :D, happy to see date confirmed

(Vxtra) #15

‘summer’

10char

Haha get ready for Classic Autumn…

What a joke.

Happy to finally know the date though.

(Thalmar) #17

What a joke, we will have full 4 days of Classic Summer. Obviously Blizzard’s agenda suits the most to release Classic on autumn. Workers, students, etc. no one will get happy about September release except shareholders who checks end-year results.

(Battleclap) #18

Stop whining or maybe they should just cancel the whole thing wholesale :smiley:

Super news!

finally a date , really happy about that.
its still summer , no?