WoW Classic Hotfix -- Raid Party XP Bug

Thanks to player reports and feedback, we’ve identified a bug affecting how XP was calculated for parties of 6 or more players.

We are rolling out a hotfix right now, to all realms, that should correct this. Going forward, XP awarded should be significantly lower for parties of 6 or more players.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback.

63 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

rip streamers…lmao

24 Likes

Awesome. :+1:

3 Likes

Good, felt like a cheap way to level. Enjoy the content while it’s here you won’t get this time again

21 Likes

STREAMERS LOL… esfandFlick esfandFlick esfandFlick esfandFlick esfandFlick

Good job, the bug didn’t exist in vanilla.

5 Likes

This hotfix will affect the queues???

5 Likes

It was a madness. Some people gutted they missed out i guess.

Now we only need a hotfix for the exploitable layering system

28 Likes

Glad to see this has happened, now the true feeling of doing dungeons the proper way and seeing people actually questing is great.

4 Likes

Good, now rollback all the exploiters to the correct amount of XP. It’s completely unfair to everyone else. The server economy and PvP balance is ruined.

67 Likes

How did it take you guys this long to figure this **** out? There was a 3month beta ffs! XD

2 Likes

Damn, late to the party on that one.

apparently raids inside dungeons were not available for the beta, for some reason.

1 Like

Hello.

We want to note that this fix is not a tuning adjustment or balance change.

In original WoW, there was an XP penalty while in a group of 6 or more players. A contemporary bug had scrambled the penalty, and that bug is now fixed.

Again, we really appreciate the player reports that brought it to our attention.

20 Likes

I dig the pseudo-GM outfit. I prefer the Azure Silk Hook, but yours definitely does the job. Props to you! <3

Thanks lol it’s like a tribute to the days when you would see GMs in-game randomly telling jokes and doing fun stuff… good times. I think the Azure Silk Hood is too dark blue compared to the robe though, hmmm… besides, I payed about 67k gold for the Augural Hood because it no longer drops, so I figured I’d wear it for the rarity value too.

3 Likes

Yeah, amen, dude. Fun fact is that GMs usually only use out-of-game clients these days, with only the developer and QA sorts of staff that appear in-game these days. Those were the days. <3 I’d say that’s a great investment you’ve made though, I can definitely agree. \o/ Cheers to Classic! \o/

1 Like