WoW Classic Reboot

Hello guys,

I want to get the general opinion about two questions.

Do you think that few months after Phase 6, Blizzard will create (or reboot) servers for Classic back to Phase 1 ?

And if so, what do you think about that idea ? Would you restart the adventure ?

Many people coming from PS were enjoying the fact that it was constantly starting over and the good vibe of a Fresh start when everyone is back to the beggining.

Thanks for reading and giving your honest opinion!

2 Likes

If I think they will? No, I don’t.
But if they do decide to do that, they better give us the option to opt out of it and stay in P6 forever.

7 Likes

I’d like them too but I don’t think they will. The thing is they currently have SL and are working on content for that they most likely are going to want to do TBC Classic also so if they did fresh Classic servers that’s one more thing they will have monitor and while it doesn’t take much effort for them to do phases now it’s still extra effort on their part.

Knowing the Blizzard of the past few years I kind of feel like that’s Classic done if you want to keep playing it then they will let you but you’ll have to do it in P6. The real question should be what are they going to do when a huge portion of the player base move on to TBC and we are left with skeleton servers (theres already a few now). Do they intend to merge servers? Classic is all about community so I can see even loyal Classic players leaving if they end up with no one to play with.

@Sunranger If they did it then you would end with new realms to roll on the current realms would remain P6

But it also opens up another interesting point - They’d have to stop transfers to fresh servers and also in terms of PvP well then you’d either have to face T3 players on “old” realms in greens or you’d have your own battlegroup with the fresh servers. All in all still seems like too much hassle for them now the hype train is over.

All they have to do is release a few new realms with the phase 1 again and re-do their entire process of classic.

Phase 1 after all, is the best part of classic(at least the leveling part)

That’s what i think, at least release a few server maybe 1 per region or clutched only in English language.

I think there is enough truly engaged player that even with the release of Classic are still enjoying the game vibe of a fresh reset- the grind and stuff and clutching those player on a few new fresh servers is for me a good idea !

I agree with you that Phase 1 was one of the best !

Hi!

1. No I don’t think they will. I don’t think they will consider it financially worth the effort compared to not

2. No, I wont

I doubt they will but if they do, they should tweak the bosses at least in the end level dungeons and raids to have some sort of Classic+ to give people a reason to restart by giving them a challenge.

There’s more to it than just rolling out a few new realms though - They have to take cost into consideration. Do you remember Classic launch when they skimped on realms at first then realised how many people wanted to play.

Well it’s different now in that they don’t really know how many players would actually start on a fresh realm, how many would they need? They dropped the ball on release as they should have had some knowledge of how many players to expect with all the hype but now? Who knows.

There’s also the problem with transfers like I said they would have to make these realms non- transferable.

Also what do they do with the PvP pool? You play the old realms? You get your own battlegroup? How long would the queues be if they got segregated. Is it fair if you play in the same pool to go against T3 when your still in P1 and the best you can get is MC gear.

There’s probably more complications than I have thought of but it’s not as easy as just rolling out fresh realms.

They need to do a release with all 6 phases out and see how long naxx gets taken down.

I think that if they make only one realm per language – maybe clutched with other fresh realms on Battleground, or only 1 or 2 Enlgish only servers also clutched for BG’s would be a way to fix that issue.

Anyway i think that it’s still a better solution than letting the servers die with people stuck on P6 forever.

I despair at the internet in 2020. Was there a need to make the exact same thread on 2 sites?

And to have them both word for word the same exact thread?

In what way is that wrong to try to collect as many opinion as possible ?

That kind of comments is what makes me despair. :neutral_face:

Once upon a time people would have posted in one place and then linked to that article and post and kept the discussion in one place. But this is internet 2020 when people don’t post things for the sake of conversation and debate and instead do it for some kinda of internet cool points.

It dilutes the debate rather than fuelling it by making 2 parallel threads rather than 1. It is why people moan at others making copycat threads on the same board and not searching.

The 2nd thread could have been a link to the original and been a topic discussing the original thread and analysing the replies and then it would serve extra purpose in addition to the original thread. However instead you made 2 concurrent articles exactly the same word for word and diluted the topic by having people answer it in 2 different places.

You desire to collect internet cool points rather than have meaningful debate is my point of despair. You seem to despair at me for standing up for discussion over sh1tposting.

How about people from other regions that doesn’t have account on EU ?

Why should they be off the conversation?

I agree with you, and I find it very nice that you went for all the trouble to get your responses.

Artan has a point tho, but idk how much it applies here. As you said you want opinions from different communities.

My opinion on this matter is that till TBC will be announced there is only empty speculation about fresh realms.
I consider the timing and implementation of TBC to be a high factor of decision about fresh realms.
For example, even if unlikely, if TBC will start from scratch, then fresh realms will have little to no point.
Also if there will be a very long wait for TBC many people might wanna ask for fresh realms because after killing KT a few times theres really not much to do.
Actually there were many posts about fresh realms even before Phase5 so there is surely a demand.

1 Like

Reedit is not region locked so this is irrelevant when I am criticising your word for word re-post 3 hours later on Reddit opposed to linking back to your original article.

I am not looking into your historic - I simply noticed a created a thread here and then a word for word recreation of it on Reddit rather than linking back to here and I posted a criticising comment about that. The 2nd post could have been someone copycating your thread and hijacking it and posting it elsewhere - my post served as a small critique and highlighting of the 2 exact threads. Either someone did as I was criticising and posted the same thread 2 places or someone stole the OPs thread and posted it on Reddit.

Whichever of those happened I am allowed to express disappointment at the fact you did this much as I am allowed to genuinely be disappointed that this action was undertaken.

And “knowing my type, debating everything, salt” ? It seems your the one wishing to debate with me and then running away when you cannot mount a counterpoint. I simply provided a criticism and you got as you phrase it “salty” at that and started “debating” me. It seems I provided too much debate for you though in reply and so you had to whimper off and throw up infantile terms in an attempt to make your recoil look less like what it was. You ran out of points to come back with so opted to try claim some kind of high ground and use internet kiddie terms to make the other person seem like they lost. Grow with your childish internet argument terms “salty” and mount a real debate or don;t try and instigate one when someone provides criticism they can back up.

What sort of a question is that? Not everyone is on both reddit and the forums. Are you serious?

As someone who has used the internet and forums for 24 years - very much so. It’s disspoints me that the younger folk seems oblivious to the reasons why even though I have highlighted them.

Is this a place of discussion and debate or a facebook wall? The latter is what it feels like it has become to folk like me that have been actually discussing thing on forums for a long time! Especially when people post the same topic all over the place instead of in one centralised location - its just for “cool points” and not for the sake of the debate.

Multiple threads on one topic on one board all falling under the same thing = diluted debate and posting to look cool instead of to further the discussion.

If you play wow and have a Blizz account you can post here. Posting a link to this thread on Reddit opposed to copycatting it keeps the discussion in one place but gives it exposure to allow more to join the topic.

Thank you for your very nice answer Bubbless, and i agree with you that Artan has a point but still not everyone is watching Reddit and the WoW Forums at the same time. And i’m interested by everyone opinion so i wanted to give the chance to everyone that wants to have a word on the subject to do so.

As for you @Artan, i’m sorry my last post was a bit off and rude, i’m just disapointed that every actions nowdays even selfless ones are often subject to critisizm and i’m having hard time to know why.

Apologies for that.

As for you Bubbless, i agree with you on that TBC point although what do you think about the fact that they could just turn Classic servers into TBC ones ? I think that it’s where Classic Reboot servers could do the work, even one or two.

Or maybe as someone else suggested on another thread some kind of POE Seasonal server like where it would restart at some point for a new season & new challenges. What do you think about that ?

Thanks all for your time participating to this very interesting debate !

All I know from the Blizzard management of Classic experience is that the company are delivering the community expectations, or at least that’s what they try. And here I’m talking about #nochanges and stuff like this, not bots and lag and so on.

So now, it seems, lots of players that I know or see on forums expects the same thing.
And that is for Classic servers to live and slowly to migrate into TBC. And by this I mean new TBC servers will pop out with the possibility to migrate your character there or start a new one.
So Classic basically to run along TBC.

I believe fresh servers will be live at the same time with TBC servers.
So then you can chose what to do, continue Classic, start again or go TBC.
For me this makes sense the most.

Although it won’t be such a bad idea to start Classic fresh realms even sooner.
But here is 1 problem. If Blizzard will release new realms now many players will jump on them but quit when TBC will go live. And this will create a mess for those who want to keep playing there.

As for POE I don’t think it’s realistic by no means.

2 Likes