WoW Classic Testing Schedule

Beginning May 15, select WoW players will be invited to participate in a small-scale, focused closed beta test. Players will also get a chance to help put our servers and technology through their paces in a series of stress tests running from May through July—you can opt in now through Account Management and select the WoW Classic beta. Subsequent stress tests will extend the opportunity to even more players. Level caps will also be in place to ensure we’re emphasizing the “stress” in “stress test”—we want to push our tech to the limit, and that means a critical mass of players in close proximity.

Stress Test Schedule*

• Stress Test 1: Wed May 22–Thurs May 23
  • Stress Test 2: Wed Jun 19– Thurs Jun 20
  • Stress Test 3: Thurs Jul 18– Fri July 19

*Dates of each stress test are subject to change.

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test. We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

Activate subscription for clasic beta needed?
Classic beta test isn't random
How can i play Classic Wow beta?
Account age or months subbed?
Oh Gods. We need beta more than we thought
"Average" Players Beta Access
Too all of you wondering about beta access for EU accounts
Account age or months subbed?
Relaunch the classic wow blizzcon demo
EU Beta Invite Wave
pinned #2

Thx for the update and also good news.Happy the develepment is looking like a full fledged polished game.
Now a beta invte for my bdays 16.may would be lovely :slight_smile:

(Bigkeg) #4

Done, although switching to German on the beta subpage makes me thing some schmetterlings are lurking in the darkness…

Does hardware testing/benchmarking counts? Hope it’s not just twitch sub count :wink: :wink:

(Timoris) #6

Just here to say that gating access to beta to an active sub is very poor form.

I won’t be part of it. Good luck to all others.

While i can understand your dissapointment, (i won’t be participating in the beta because of it, since i’m waiting to renew my subscription around 24 of august) it makes sense, since the game will be only accessible for people with a active subscription. (And therefor potentially need extra coding to make it available for without subscription)

The same for me. As I know a lot of people were waiting for classic without active sub…and now they will wait a little bit more =)

Do i need to have an active subscription to be invited, or just to play the beta?
Please clarify. No offense, but if you have to it seems like a cheap method to increase subscription count just for the possibilty to receive a beta invite.

Doesnt make it good at all, though.

Are you serious? Paid beta?
I deleted my old battle. net account with wow record on October, wanting fresh start in Classic.
And now you tell me that to HELP YOU TEST BETA I have to pay sub? Dafuq? My job there is to catch bugs… not to play for free on beta… lol.

It’s outrageous.
And scandalous.

At least we will know when we can plan our holidays and till when we have to wait…

well its just for the beta, nothing changed for the real release though except that we now know when

(Lantiia) #14

Ironically my current sub ends on 22nd May and I decided to cancel the renewal until I heard when the release date was.

The question now is do I put in for the Beta invite and reinvoke my subscription just in case, or do I hold off for three months and reactivate it in August.

Thank you for the information.

Just some feedback if I may.

I cancelled my sub some time ago because I did not like the way in which the current game is in. So to expect a pool of players to have a sub active is in my honest opinion a bad choice as a decent percentage of players that are really waiting and excited for classic are going for it for the same reasons as I.

I would happily have an active sub IF I was chosen for the beta, but I most certainly am not going to put an active sub in place for a Chance to be chosen only to find I am not.

Very poor project choice, this does scream Activision strong arm than Blizzard’s mission and dream.

Cleaver, but an incorrect choice.

This is nice but I hoped it would be july

Yeah great…
I will not renew my sub to have 1% chance to participate in a stress test and a beta tho. You can keep dreaming.

I mean, youtubers and streamers will relay every bit of information anyway and its not a big deal to not participate in a simple beta for a modified old game.

We waited one year, we can wait 3 more months.

See you in August.

Spot on…

@Aerythlea
I think it’s counterintuitive to give Beta priority / sole access to active BFA subs since somehow that doesn’t seem like a guarantee to select the intended audience :thinking:

I understand the financial gain opportunity, but I believe it would be more “of use” to invite the people who for sure are interested in Classic… maybe… you know, the Classic Discussion posters :innocent:

Yeah i have to say being told i need an active subscription just for a chance to get into beta is quite ridiculous. If it was a guaranteed invite to get into beta then that would be more realistic but I kind of feel like you are taking advantage of us with the current beta model.

That reminds me, dont forget to grab your lottery ticket folks.

Reminder to update Beta Profile settings, the “WoW Classic” box is not by default ticked :smiley: found out just now.

Its funny because it is a genuine idea to reward those who are just paying more but are not invested in classics discussions and mostly dont care but its a terrible idea to reward those who are indeed invested in classic discussions for several months and took their time to provide infos, point of views and ideas ?

Couple that to the paid name reservation.
= money rules.