WoW Classic Tokens

Hello All,

So it’s come to the attention to most of the Internet that in China the WoW Token have been released into Classic WoW; and by looking at the generalised feedback from players from both EU and US regions this has been received very negatively.

I feel this needs to be brought to the attention of whatever team within Blizzard this may concern, as in the generalised perspective the release of Classic was an outstanding success.

Quote:

World of Warcraft® Classic drove the biggest quarterly increase to subscription plans2 in franchise history, in both the West and East.

Source: https://investor.activision.com/news-releases/news-release-details/activision-blizzard-announces-third-quarter-2019-financial

By introducing WoW Tokens into Classic, the majority of the communities perspective seems to be that a few of the games core aspects; namely the Auction House and Gold farming will be adversely affected by creating an artificial inflation of gold within the game which will then force players into having to purchase game tokens to sell for gold to then obtain core items for their character progression.

So far Blizzard has been successful in being able to reignite the community that it created 15 and a half years ago, and should be looking to do all it can to continue to grow and nurture this community.

But the release of WoW Tokens, seems would be detrimental to it, as many have voiced on social media outlets and other forms of communications that they would cancel their subscriptions reducing Blizzard’s MAU’s and would not return to what is a fantastic game.

So I implore other players to voice your concerns here with constructive feedback, and I also implore Blizzard to consider the communities criticism and concerns before implementing such a change into the game.

Kind regards,
Digwydd

PS. If this topic is in the wrong place or if it has broken any forum rules please notify myself so these can be rectified.

2 Likes

We won’t have wow tokens for the same reason we didn’t have pay per hour played instead of subscriptions, when China had it in the past.

China has like “china wow” not like West WoW you know. Many stuff there that aint for us to useable, like xp pots example.

Also token only worth something if someone is willing to buy it for gold. Even if you flood the AH with WoW tokens, if noone buy it, then u lost tons of money for nothing.

This is false… I can’t provide evidence so this is more a personal comment, but Blizzard are setting the value and can create gold whenever needed so that the tokens sell and they make maximum profit.

It’s not an open market where supply and demand set the value directly like for other things on the AH.

You can’t “flood the market” with tokens and dump the price directly. When you put it on AH it will sell for that value no matter what. The value will decrease over time based on some algorithm and/or manual adjustments but you will get your gold when you post in AH for the price it say.

This is not necessarily bad though. It’s like having a central national bank in a country that control the inflation.

What makes tokens game breaking and ruin the game so that I will quit and hate Blizzard forever if they ever do it in EU, is not technical stuff about the market and inflation etc, it’s about the fact that I would hate the game and quit because it would make the game feel empty and pointless and not fun. Having gold, not having gold, farming gold, it’s a big deal in Classic.

1 Like

China is unique, their economy and society is suited to pay per hour and wow tokens.

I hope we don’t get stupid tokens!

Still doubt that gazillion players will buy classic wow token, even if its released NA/EU.

If they ever introduce it, I know I won’t be able to resist it. Exchange less than 2 hour’s work worth of money for days of AoE farming I actively despise doing? What a steal! More wow hours to have fun instead of farming!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.