WoW in China to Eu

Hi,

My wife is currently in China and she wanted to start playing WoW with me (I’m in the UK) but over there she can only download the Chinese client and when I try make an Asia account I still can’t get into the Chinese version.

So my question is what can she do to get on to the EU side… Or alternatively how can I join the china side?

Would she have to use VPN to play?

Afaik Chinese Battle-net requires Chinese ID etc. so you can’t make one. Supposedly you can play in NA realms from China so I assume EU realms would work, though obviously censorship might prevent it. Worth a try at least.

Most VPNs are unlikely to work from China due the censorship though there are some workarounds some VPNs can do but I don’t know anything about them.

I know that people have played on EU realms from China in the past but I think that was on EU accounts that already existed. I’m not sure how or if you can start from scratch - hopefully someone else will have personal knowledge.

Hey Mahican,

As far as I know, you will not be able to access any Blizzard accounts created outside of China while playing from China.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Thanks for the replies. Thats a shame.

And can I not make an account to play on the china side whilst I’m in the UK?