WoW needs third faction

Pseudo min max players you mean. Also knows as monkey see, monkey do. Which basically means whatever their favourite streamer says it’s good for a spec, they will follow.

Real min maxxers do the math behind it all, and at that level they are no longer causal.

3 Likes

I don’t really see that it matters what type of player you are. If people want to play that way let them.

It’s no different to people using the cookie cutter of talents trees of old.

Only if that third faction is neutral so I can opt out of this moronic Race War we got going on repeat in Warcraft.

3 Likes

Well it matters because this will heavily imbalance covenants according to which streamers says what. I doubt blizzard will go the extra mile to ask different streamers to promote certain covenants for balance purposes.

Was thinking that myself. I’d rather opt out of the restrictions.

2 Likes

Wow is indeed in dire need of third faction, the one that would include both existing ones.

2 Likes

Archeage had the best faction system I’ve seen in an MMO. The problem with it is that it necessitates pvp. Basically, there’s the two factions, left and right continent, like WoW… but players could defect from their own faction and become pirates, outlaws. This would make them hostile to both factions, but on the flipside, that meant they could steal from both factions. The pirate faction had its own rules, it was way more focused on combat and theft, and not so much on life skills and professions.

The only thing that allowed this to work was ArcheAge’s resource and gold-generation systems. Gold wasn’t made by farming, it was made by investing in resources and transporting them around. And you could be attacked and have your resources stolen.

1 Like

Except the streamer with the highest viewing figures for WoW is an Alliance player.

You seem to have a very scathing view of streamers and their followers. Or anyone who might want to better themselves even if they aren’t RWF material.

WoW need to abolish the faction conflict as a gameplay element. The only positive use it has left is for advertising, otherwise it only servers to split the playerbase in “no longer a half” as well preventing the story in regards to the fractions from moving forward.

As seen with BFA it’s hands down some of the most frustrating story telling wow have had.

6 Likes

Half these forums scream horde bias because some streamers and dunno what competitive guilds are horde, yet I have (checks notes) scathing views.

Right.

Bettering yourself and crying over how one covenant is unbalanced over the other is in no way a healthy comparison. That’s what people are doing now with racial abilities, as shown by the threads crying for the nerf or removal of racials.

Gee, do you actually browse these forums or do you just pop in 5 minutes a day, post a link and then do your thing? You seem disconnected from what is actually being posted here.

Balancing three ways would make it worse. A third faction will do nothing more then cause the same issue with people picking the strongest faction.

Doesn’t quite work like that though, the stronger faction in WoW currently (Horde) isn’t stronger simply because of more players, its because of the increased number of experienced players as opposed to the Alliance side which makes it a more attractive option for new players or returning players. It would also be exactly the same if the Alliance had all the prestige that the Horde side does when it comes to things like raiding and M+, people would migrate over.

Night elves, blood elves, nightborne, pandas should be their own faction tbh, but I can’t say I mind that the race of my main is playable lol.

1 Like

Yes some people always need to blame someone for the faction imbalance. Seems streamers are now the new evil for some.

I honestly think factions cannot be balanced. It really matters little who people blame: streamers, horoscopes, blizzard, sourdoughs.

4 Likes

Sourdoughs :rofl:

Damn those sourdoughs :rofl:

The dough rises better in Thunder Bluff. Plenty of humidity, heat and airborne bacteria to feed on the flour and ferment it.

Then you bake it in a mud oven in Orgrimmar on a wooden fire.

Pro baking tips.

1 Like

Let it prove on the zepplin on the way to the oven? :laughing:

Exactly. See, you got the hang of it.

1 Like

I see how it is the sourdough’s fault. Can’t make a good sourdough in the Alliance. Horde bias, unbalanced!!11!1

2 Likes

Stormwind is too cold, ironforge is way too damp, darna- never mind, in Exodar all bacteria would be insta purged.

Alliance is left with wine and cheese.

Therefore alliance players are a bunch of drunk farts.

1 Like