WOW re-downloading for the second time this week

As I said, this is the second time this happens this week.

This time I had literally been playing the game a few minutes before. Then I watched a video where Ian said there would be a stress test today. So I logged out, switched the client to beta but it just gave me the message “you cant play world of warcraft classic yet” and the play button was grayed out.

So I switched the client back to retail and pressed the launch button. The client said the game was running, but it was not launching. After a few minutes I restarted the WOW launcher and then it started a full download again. When I check my wow folder it says it’s 6gb…

I currently have a really slow internet connection where a 50gb download is a 12+ hour process so I’m feeling pretty frustrated.

1 Like

Would like to bump this.

Having the exact same issue with today’s stress test; was playing just an hour ago and now I can’t log into classic because it keeps disconnecting me and retail just started redownloading the whole game. It’s quite frustrating to say the least…

2 Likes

Same issue here! Every time i open the app it starts updating 56gb! And i tried allready allot of things…