WoW story becoming increasingly ridiculous

Yes I remember that, but, excuse me if I’m wrong : Can a Troll worships, or be more importantly be graced by multiple Loas at once ? Since Rezan is dead, didn’t Talanji needs to form a “new pact” or something to use the power of another Loa ?
Like the Conclave, every Loa is summoned by a specific Troll.

Forgive my lack of knowledge about all that, it’s only assumptions.

Shamans aren’t unstoppable force, and there are many wildscards about this class. Most of tidesages were wiped, and during the raid we killed two more prominent ones. Last time devs went overboard with shaman was with Thrall and even thrall didn’t have a powers to cause tsunamis/ earthquaques whenever he pleased.

The only thing he did was causing a small tornado. Zandalari also happen to have gifted elementalists and Loa aid.
Sea priests were mostly used to bless ships, not for combat.

Well, because we Saw Loa directly aid Zandalari multiple times, Zandalari have the closest bond with loa out of any troll tribe. They bless them even for trivial stuff daily, like Graal blessign them for safe voyage on the sea.

Ofc Darkspears while being spiritual can’t count for such help. They came from Gurubashi, forced to exile and they were struggling to properly honor their most valued patron even due to the hardships they went through. No offerings = no blessings.

They were a high priests devoted to one specfic Loa, and once they call upon their Loa, they get aid. Become vessel of said wild god.

Talanji is already bound to Bwonsamdi, but being high priestess of Zandalar I believe that she was prepared to commune with each Zandalar loa, and have her own set of abilities based on her own spiritual powers.
I don’t know if she would want to call upon Bwonsamdi as his powers are double edged sword.

That sounds amazing. I hope that character will not be forgotten going on. I like Talanji.
And thank you for the explanations :slight_smile:

You know that doesn’t matter for Blizzard, right? If Blizzard decides tomorrow that every single Alliance ship needs to have a Tidesage to make it go faster… They will suddenly have enough Tidesages to do so.

Well; We saw Wild-Gods, Ancients, Furbolgs and the Allies of Nature aid the Kaldorei multiple times to. It sure didn’t help them from the Third War onwards now, did it?

Or Goldrinn really sticked his neck out for the Worgen! Except he didn’t.

Why does this count, yet the Blessing of a Sea-Priest(to make a ship faster, or whatever) accounts for nothing? What is the difference? We already know Gods are nowhere near as powerfull or on equal footing to, most mortal races.

I hope this is true, but thusfar, according to Blizztard, Talanji is solely bound to Bwonsamdi. Lets hope Rezan returns to kick Bwonsamdi from his place.

Not that she needs any Loa, anyways. She already is more powerfull then a 10,000 year old Black Dragon, anyways.

1 Like

Likely so, but I believe that having one tidesage on the ship won’t give that big advantage. Just like I believe likewise for Horde, shaman is too inconsistent in powerscope class to make any solid predictions.

I didn’t saw them help nelves constantly. First they had to be convinced to actually aid them in WotA, and during Hyjal they aided nelves because their own home was damaged. Not because nelves only were in trouble. I even recently made a questing during the Hyjal, and my goodness they’re self-absorbed.

I think that they’re. One god > one priest.
And if you take Tidesage, then keep in mind that Zandalari have also shamans, - storm callers and wavebinders.

So it’s 2:1 advantage.
And it’s not just Graal but Pa’ku too that guides the seas.

Well she is bound to Bwonsamdi, but as a heir to the throne she had to be tought how to commune with other loas than Rezean, as the ruler she will have to meet them all eventualy and be tested by them. As a ruler she can communicate with other loas, but she is still bound to Bwony.

Jesus dude, I already explained it to you. It’s not that she is more powerful. That Blackdragon was stuck in highmountain his entire life. What could he know about troll rituals? Troll afterlife is different to tauren one, and troll rites are different to tauren ones.

Talanji was likely blessed by other loas when she reached her adulthood. So it made sense why Ebonhorn would want her assistance.

Or you truly think that he would by himself find Vol’Jin’s spirit despite the fact of never encountering him ever. Talanji had sessions previously with Rokhan and Gadrin and was processing ceremony with Vol’Jin’s ashes.

1 Like

WoW’s story writing has always been shakier than a barista with Parkinson’s, but yeah power levels are going a bit out of control now and it hasn’t gone unnoticed by fans.

Jainna being a virtual god and such is just stupid. It doesn’t even benefit you if you’re a Jainna fan either - when she shows up you should wonder if she’ll get hurt or killed; it generates that excitement for the Jainna fans.

But really, we all know she’s just going to steamroll everything and teleport out each time she show she up. Snorefest.

2 Likes

i think some posters here really needs to get a breath of fresh air.

i really dont care if ur faction mum or dad has more plot armour or has made this many good or bad decisions…

3 Likes

You’re in the wrong neighborhood, fool!

Are you high on something?
She runs away, king did not. Dont know why you get trigered but ok.

Jaina is trash, only fanbois like her. Even most alliance i know dislike her.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think her story is rather well-told. It has some great themes that fit well for her character and background, and it stays true to her origin in Warcraft III.

As cliché as it is, I absolutely love the romantic relationship between the magic-affiliated dragon and the gifted human mage. That’s a beauty and the beast story that is well-suited for the magical fantasy setting of Azeroth. But more than that, then it also accomplishes the purpose of making the character relatable – you know what Jaina’s personal wishes and desires are – what a happy ending for her would look like. That makes her story compelling, because she’s a likeable character and therefore one you want to have a happy ending, yet her story is one where the happy ending constantly seems to be out of reach.

The reason she appeals to me as a character is because she is constantly faced with different struggles – Arthas, her father, Garrosh, Sylvannas, and so on – and it’s not so much about whether she survives or is capable of great actions. It’s about whether she remains who she is. Jaina represents a joyful spirit with an uplifting and positive outlook on life. But the struggles she faces constantly threaten to envelop her in darkness and despair.
The excitement of her story is seeing whether she will come out in the end as a person who is still capable of having a happy ending, or a person who has fallen to despair from all the cruelty and horror she has seen.

It’s not a story that’s very different from any superhero story. We’re never in doubt that Superman or Batman will make it. What we’re in doubt about is how their struggles will change their outlook on life and who they are as people.

Warcraft is not so much about saving the world and fighting against evil monsters. It’s about the characters and their motivations and desires.

Can Arthas save his people without losing his own soul?
Can Saurfang get an honorable death despite his past dishonorable actions?
Can Jaina find happiness after going through so much personal suffering?

Saying that Jaina is trash and only fanboys like her is ridiculous. That kind of story deduction is unfit for anyone who has even an iota of interest in Warcraft.
People are all-around very quick to trash-talk the story or parts of it, but the reasons put forth are often flawed or downright stupid.

3 Likes

No, I did not. At that moment I had seen a nice try from Blizzard side to return real Tyrande from Warcrat 3. That was first moment in BfA expansion when I had a small feeling that not everything is lost with current writers.

1 Like

The Cutscene was really silly, not because of the message, because how it was shown, how it was made. The Cutscene was not good.

1 Like

Im not going to come in an arguement why jaina is not trash, but i can tell you for sure that many “loved” characters from both sides like thrall for instance in horde side or jaina in the alliance side are pure trash.

That i would never say for Varian, yet blizzard decided to kill him and keep this trash and the other trash.

You can love the lich kings girlfriend as much as you want, i will not :wink:

It sounds like you’re just unhappy with the events in the story, not the writing itself.

Blizzard didn’t decide to kill Varian for no reason – it’s to tell an ongoing story and finish Varian’s arc in an appropriate manner.
He’s a noble king and a legendary warrior, of course it fits the story that he dies in a self-sacrificing manner for the greater good. That’s a heroic action befitting a heroic character that builds on the other story arcs with Anduin, Genn, and the Alliance as a whole. That’s great writing.

Judging the story by whether Blizzard keeps the characters around that you’re personally fond of, or the characters you’re not, is silly. The best storytelling doesn’t necessarily constitute all the beloved and good characters staying alive. Sometimes the good storytelling is that they die, because the story isn’t always supposed to give us what we want and expect. That’s boring.

1 Like

I’m still mourning the death of Varian :frowning:
Though even if a lot of people hate them, I atleast have joy watching what Jaina and Anduin will do. I like them both too.

Yep, I’m still cheering that Vol’jin died, such a great story that loved characters like him randomly are killed off.

Meanwhile, Sylvanas’ story arc has been finished since Cata, but noooo she has to be kept around.

5 Likes

Don’t remind me, I’m still super salty over it.

Such a “great story” we were given after his death. Totally not repeat of MoP plot, villain batting again and soul searching.
Yeah it was unpredictable - I’ll agree on that - nobody thought they’d pull all this kodo dung again for real. But here we are. Is this good writing? I don’t think so.

7 Likes

The writing itself is the events in the story, what are you talking about ? :confused:
He is probably the 1 alliance character i like and blizzard decided to kill him as the king who died for nothing… Still the most useless and praised by mage-fanbois in the forum jaina-LK’s GF still alive.

Yes the writing.

But death clearly doesn’t represent the end of Vol’jin’s story, the way that Varian’s death clearly marked the end of his story.

Death in Warcraft is not final unless it has to be. It’s mostly a cool story theme to explore in the fantasy universe that Warcraft inevitably is.

The quality of the storytelling and writing doesn’t rely on whether you are happy about everything that happens. You’re also supposed to be unhappy, sad, sorrowful, angry, hateful, and so on. A good story will try to invoke more than a single emotion.
If you are sad about the loss of Varian, then that’s a job well-done by Blizzard, because you actually miss him like you are supposed to because he’s dead, and it’s normal that people miss those who’ve died! If Blizzard have managed to convey that feeling through their storytelling, then that’s the highest praise they can get.

I friggin’ hate Sylvannas. But I love that I hate her. I love the fact that Blizzard have managed to write a character that can invoke that emotion within me.

Everyone believes it was only added because of players outrage over his nonsensical death. Devs didn’ suspect people liked him that much to actually care if he was replaced by undead waifu.

And so only one expansion later we get shoddy crafted story to backtrack on what they decided on the last minute before Legion start.

I fail to see how his story would be satisfying if he will no longer be among living and deciding about the horde matters. Being Obi-Wan force projection is not exciting, nor it makes the story we were given after his death more bearable.

It would be far better if he was kept alive and Alliance would go more rough after Legion. They didn’t need any more reasons to fight the Horde. Nor Anduin imposing his utopian believes and enforcing them on Alliance does any favor for the faction.

1 Like