Wow token huge mistake

I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding an unfortunate mistake I made while attempting to make a purchase in World of Warcraft. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and truly appreciate any help you can provide.

In an attempt to acquire WoW Tokens using real money, I inadvertently purchased game time instead. Regrettably, this error led to the deduction of 9,000 gold from my account, and I received the WoW Token for game time in my mailbox. I understand that this was a foolish mistake on my part, as I intended to acquire gold instead of game time.

I have already sent a message to the GM, but I understand that it may take approximately 24 to 48 hours to receive a response. Hence, I am reaching out to you via this post in the hopes of resolving this matter as quickly as possible.

I kindly request your assistance in rectifying this situation. Is there any way to retrieve the 9,000 gold that was deducted from my account due to the accidental purchase of game time? I would be immensely grateful if you could refund the gold or provide any suitable solution to remedy this issue.

I sincerely apologize for my carelessness, as I was not expecting it to be so easy to mistakenly spend such a significant amount of gold. I assure you that I have learned my lesson and will exercise greater caution in the future.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I eagerly await your prompt response and appreciate your efforts in helping me resolve this unfortunate situation. Please let me know if you require any additional information from my end.

Also.

My suggestion is to implement a message prompt that appears when a player attempts to purchase WoW Time for gold. This prompt could ask the following question: “ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO PURCHASE WOW TIME FOR GOLD?” By introducing this additional step, players would have an opportunity to double-check their intended purchase and minimize the chances of mistakenly spending their gold on game time.

there for gm wouldn’t need to deal with idiots like me

Staff on the forums are not Ingame GM’s, and can’t assist.

Even if they were, they are not allowed to assist with payment or account related issues via the forums, as a GM will need to walk through account security with you, which cannot be done on a public readable forum.

Nor can the forum staff skip your ticket to the head of the queue.

You are going to have to wait for an in-game response, sorry.

1 Like

Does anyone know if it is possible to refund the token?

If not I going to throw my pc out of the window! Took me ages to farm that gold
its still in my post box I haven’t touch it.

Tokens are not bought at the Auction house but in the ingame shop.

I also don’t think the gold can be refunded, but nothing will speed up your ticket being answered.

Don’t throw it out the window, it may hit someone and cost you a lot of money to replace.

You can’t sell the token again on the AH either and using it will mean it can’t be refunded.

1 Like

Hey Wabbajack,

I’m truly sorry to hear about the unfortunate loss of 9000 gold on your character. I can imagine how disheartening it must be, especially considering the significant value that sum holds in Classic. It’s never easy when mistakes occur, and they can catch us off guard in the blink of an eye.

When you purchase a WoW Token on the Auction House, another player receive your gold, meaning that we would need to remove it from that other player if we were to refund such purchases - this player did nothing wrong on their end, and punishing them by removing their earnings (from the sale of the WoW Token) wouldn’t be fair to them. And that’s not to mention that the gold may have already been spent in part, or in full.

That being said, please do try to remain respectful when you post on these forums. I understand that this is a frustrating situation, however we will not tolerate the kind of message that you last posted, and that I had to remove.

Finally, don’t hesitate to send suggestions to our developers if you have an idea on how to improve this. Warning messages are often added to different aspects of the game (for example, one was added to the Great Vault to make sure that players selected the right reward for their character).

Firstly, I would like to discuss the matter of gold transactions. I understand that you operate similarly to the Federal Reserve, where you generate virtual currency out of thin air. However, I find it difficult to believe that if I were to send you 100 pounds worth gold, you would not accept it until someone else purchases the corresponding token. This concept raises doubts in my mind, as it seems to contradict the principles of a fair and trustworthy system. Could you please provide me with a more detailed explanation of how these gold transactions work?

Furthermore, let me remind you that I am a paying customer, and as such, I expect a certain level of quality in the services provided. Your Game Masters (GMs) have proven to be woefully inadequate in their response time, rendering your support system ineffective and frustrating. This negligence is unacceptable, and I demand that you allocate more staff to address the needs of your paying customers.

If my concerns regarding the gold transaction system are not adequately addressed and my gold is not returned, I am afraid I will have no choice but to voice my dissatisfaction through alternative channels. While I hope it does not come to that, I must state my intention to inform other players within the World of Warcraft community about alternative private servers. I would be remiss not to exercise my right to express my discontent and provide others with alternative options.

I am extremely dissatisfied with the current situation, and I urge you to rectify it promptly.: D

It’s the way tokens have always worked.

If you want gametime you buy one with gold off the AH.

If you want gold you buy one with real money and put it on the AH.

It’s not a difficult thing to understand. Maybe a smidgeon of research before trying to get one would have been wise.

Being a paying customer doesn’t give you the right to change the rules.

I don’t think they will as all AH sales are final.

2 Likes