Wowlogs warlock summary 9.0.5 on m+

While there is no doubt that we have our spot at rading, with lack of content, one focuses on m+ pushing.

Without projecting personal opinion, I would like to present wowlogs summary as of 8/4/2021 for Warlocks: m+15, all classes, no filter, sorted (rank) by dps. Here are results for first three dungeons, I had no energy to go through all dungs… but it follows the same pattern.
I leave it to caring consideration of Blizzard, if it follows their design intentions.

De other side
First warlock appears at 425th rank! Hurray to player named [Chìkapu] for his high skills! Second warlock is at 458th rank, our congratulations go to [닭콤] and third place goes to 541th rank, gratz to [可樂馬]!

So in first 541 places only 3 warlocks! Very DECENT THANK YOU!

Halls of Atonement
First warlock at 17th rank!!! Hurray to [Hutlock], second place goes [Niyyu] at 270th rank and bronze medal is awarded to [凶星大魔王] for 395th rank! Gratz!

To rank 500, there is one another warlock! CG!
So in first 500 ranks - 4 warlocks! Very DECENT THANK YOU!

Mists of Tirna Scithe
First warlock appears at 196th rank, hurray for player [Azurid], second place is awarded to [萌萌的花酱] for ranking at 261th place, and lastly very nice spot of 304th rank in dps yields third place in our contest, bronze medal goes to our favourite [毛國窖].

To rank 500, there are 6 another warlock! CG!
So in first 500 ranks - 9 warlocks! Very DECENT THANK YOU!

6 Likes

they don’t care :roll_eyes:
just play boomie or fmage, or quit

If dh deserved our meta, i think it will be great to have both bl and combust from mage!

With all due respect, it’s not about mage or boomie, there is literally every. single. class. wildly represented in these top 500 ranks except warlocks.

You are right that mages and boomies seem to top that, but honestly, that is what you would expect, since they are just vastly more represented in game.

Ideally, you would like to have classes represented in top500 in proportion to how much they are played, which applies to every single class, except warlock.

And put that into perspective of that they wanted to nerf malefic by 20%…

The reason for this discrepancy is that we just lack a single button burst aoe on low cd. I like to work for my results, i don’t need spinning crane kick, but I need at least some tool.

And yes, i know we scale incredibly well and it’s gonna be better and blizz is probably aware of that, but I think they over done that.

2 Likes

Wait, so you’re saying there are warlocks in M+ 15 DPS leaderboards? But I only read that no warlock ever gets invited into a m+ group!

All the warlock forum wants is to be S-Tier in every aspect of the game: AoE Burst on a low CD? What else? Instant dot spread for all Dots? Lust, Vortex and Typhoon?
Meanwhile every average warlock you come across in m+ is underperforming, which is why after playing with one, players won’t invite a warlock into their next run.

1 Like

I am not saying we do bad! I love the class, the rotation. I am also very excited with our scaling ability going forward. It is true that i struggle a bit to get invited as warlock, but gets better with rio. Things are not horrible.

I also didn’t say i want to be s-tier, one button class. I stated, that for me, with current lack of content, the only thing to do is to try to push m+ and i took the liberty to present top 500 players in the game, amongst which only 4, on average, are warlocks and i don’t find that likely to be an intentional design choice and i don’t think these 4 top warlocks are “underperforming”:smiley: . Or you think it is reasonable?

Hey, i am top 3 in my guild raid dps. I am fine! Or i would be, if 9.1.0 was out.
And yea, you are right the class is difficult to play, therefore a lot locks are underperforming in m+ … but intention of my post was to look at top 500 players in m+, not the bottom one.

3 Likes

What you mean is, it is hard to get an invite for groups. It is even hard in pvp, rated bg. They rather get two of every other class than warlock.

1 Like

Although I do agree with you on some level, I do not think the overall DPS tells the whole story. While our aoe is often quite underwhelming (Although people like Sjele prove that aff CAN do loads if played right), we do ridiculous ST so we are ideal to round off some comps. Our overall might not be first but we can be very useful in the overall success of the run.
But yeah, if your job is to get the boss down while not really doing enormous aoe your overall will be lower.

That is M+ in a nutshell right now.

I absolutely agree! I am well aware of our strengths.

Yet the fact is that amongst top 500 runs for all dungeons, there are on average 4 warlocks. Four!

ALL other classes are more or less represented in proportion with how they are played.

I absolutely agree with you, we are not bad, and honestly, the dps difference is not that big, but just the fact that there are 4 locks in top 500 runs is an interesting fact, i think.

FOUR!

And yes, if you want to push hard big keys, time limit just simply translates to dps, at least according to my math… Especially on fortified.

2 Likes

problem with lock is not the dmg, if u play good u pull it off.
problem is the complete lack of utility compared to other classes. mages and boomkins and hunters all have better control to offer to the group than we do, 2 bring a bl. all of their cc is instant and help the tank kiting.

meanwhile we have shadow fury, curses that uses a gcd each. only thing i could think off is maybe affliction absolute+sacro to help the kiting but that requires to play specific spec and not the bis dps leggo.

t
r
a
s
h
class :clown_face:

4 Likes

Honestly not surprised by these results.

Blizz thinks we are fine though with our llack lustre unpruning of useless spells this expac.

Curses…woooo.

2 Likes

I am very sorry but wow logs clearly show that even if you play like God and have 12 PI’s, you end up on 355th rank out of 500 at absolute best, that was the point of showing the data…

How can you infer from that that if you play good, you can pull the numbers.

1 Like

Why does nobody mention Ritual of Doom? I mean, for what purpose we got this? I don’t see any useful situation, just like a flavour spell to kill time and people in a raid Pause.

I mean … seriously… warlocks have troubles in m+ content since m+ was introduced. The problem lies in deeps of class design and mechanic. Did they address it somehow after years of the problem existed? Nope. Will they address it in the mid of expac? Nope. So either play what works well, or don’t play. I feel ur frustration though, coz I mained demo-warlock since cata, and first hit in the balls happened in Legion when they wiped out one of the best design wise spec ever and replaced it with stupid BM-hunter’ish nonsense, and even that nonsense has become crap nowadays in comparison to Legion.

1 Like

locks did good in legion so i disagree with the since m+ was introduced. i’m very unpleased at the class as u prolly noticed at my posts on this forum, but lets not make things up either.

Tbh raiding is awesome. Did you see Kalamazi’s demo on mythic CN? Man demo can be serious!

I just wanted to point to the fact, that out of 500 m+15 top runs, there are just 4 locks.

Apparently ritual of doom is good but i don’t see it. The doomguard gets one shotted and does crap damage.

You say, it is good but then you say it is bad because of low dmg and less survivability… wtf?

So it is to much again for me dmg.

I disagree so much. I do not understand why people loved spamming HoG until you could meta and then spam touch of chaos.