Wtf is up with pugs in AV, especially on the 2nd boss?

Disregard it, typical forum bs to get a feeling of superiority by telling people everything’s their fault. It lets them dismiss your argument without putting together a few brain cells to consider the problems.

Halls of infusion, Brackenhide, Uldaman and Neltharus is there the real pain begins!

To be clear I didn’t say the mechanics weren’t deadly, just simple. As a dps you’re mostly just dodging swirls and getting a few priority interrupts, there’s no unavoidable damage on trash for healers to contend with besides two breakers, and pretty much everything after the first boss is on the tank. Also I’m concerned the timer is an issue there still, it honestly feels like one of the longer more lenient ones and allows for full wipes even at 25, it’s just a key you can’t play by standing there and pulling one pack at a time / not playing pulls on the move. The dungeon is huge and things are spaced really far apart, but it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t think about doing combined pulls in the same way you would anywhere else.

As an arms warrior with ~2650 rio, people aren’t even accepting me for +19 keys.

Keep in mind I do 80-120k dps overall, I don’t need healing at all, and I have a 13 sec CD interrupt, I also spec into intimidating shout and stormbolt just to help CC.

For the past week, I’ve been logging in > tried to queue for 10-20 mins > didn’t get accepted > alt + f4.

Unless I do my own key, I’m not getting into any dungeon unless it’s an oblivious person that is probably not good enough.

I mean I am not saying don’t make your own keys, but it is just an automatic response from everyone in the forums, make your own keys. Ok fine I will make and others will make it, but my question is, if everyone will make their own keys who will join them?

You can make your own key and still fail, as right now it is 50/50 you do not know who is boosted and who is not like my SBG run last night, 2.7-2.9 RIOs and 40k overall, me being above them, a joke if you ask me.

3 Likes

I think the advice should be framed more as, remember to be aware you have your own key and you always have the means to start a Mythic+ run, begin networking, and vet players to try to form something more consistent / enjoyable. Obviously everyone shouldn’t just always list their own keys, but you do always have an option available to you.

And yeah, players in 19-21 bracket are ridiculously fixated on a meta that frankly doesn’t exist outside of the top 3-4 teams. The variety in terms of specs being played above title cutoff is huge, myself I play with an Arms Warrior and Feral Druid for the majority of my keys.

3 Likes

It is understandably a Joke, and I have been against make your own key for a while, but recently that seems to be the only choice if you want to actually play the game.

With over 300 keys done this season, I can safely say I carried 200 of them with underperforming team mates because of how boosted people are.

I like to pug at a fairly easy level and just have fun there without pushing, and that level is +20 this time around, I can probably push to +26-28 if I put my mind into it ( Highest I’ve been I think was 26 Waycrest ), but I just want to chill and do +20 keys, yet somehow I’m denied that. +15 keys I could probably solo if I didn’t need a tank, mobs die so fast it’s lame.

26-28 are currently the literal highest keys being done by anyone, but yeah if you feel bored in 20s you can probably get a bit of a challenge from 24s.

TBH, I am done with this season and with these sorry to say pepegas, will get 2.5k that is all, my mistake was that I changed my mains 3 times since the launch of the game, and if I wouldn’t be silly and stick to one, I would have been in a better place I believe. Maybe next tier, maybe.

But as I said, the state of m+ is a joke right now, and it is sad tbh.

Well yes but also DPS, especially melee, have to move away from others if they see a cast is going through and no kicks are available.

Personally I really like AV, when I used to play tank it was my favorite dungeon though I was a Blood DK which is very handy to stop every single frontal from crystal golems.
As melee DPS is fine, when storming is active it sucks a bit but that’s mostly a skill issue and low reaction time because I have hook and shadowstep.

I have to say that most of the time key depletes on second boss due to lack of healing but it also depends on the healer you choose to run with; for example with Evoker and Shaman you rather want to stay stacked else is kind of your fault if you die to lack of healing because you’re not helping them.

When it comes to second boss, the ball mechanic that she throws, when I was doing 17s-19s a lot of people died to that, I don’t know why… it’s pretty visible and obvious, maybe be lack of attention.

I personally have a big issue with AA, I absolutely despise that dungeon and the big pull whole room tact with tanks moving miles away from my Boon.

Remembers last night run we had together :smiling_face_with_tear:

:smiling_face_with_tear:

Well, at least nobody died to second boss frontal or arcane ball :smile:

The room is blue, the ball is blue, and the storming is blue.

The color designer for this M+ season needs to be fired tbh.

I actually look at where the boss is facing and just stay away from that, both as a War/Lock/Priest.

To many overlapping stuff this time around, and I don’t really mind it… if the overlaps were obvious worst overlap are Hyrja and storming.

Because putting an intense healing mechanism where you to be in a dome and then under the dome a 40% of your hp + stun circles could be there is amazing, what’s more amazing is when the colors match so you can barely tell if a storming is under you or not.

1 Like

I do have to admit that swirl is one of the few things that genuinely infuriates me in this set of mythic+ dungeons, especially because the swirls used for the attendant casts, WHICH ARE LITERALLY IN THE SAME BOSS ROOM, are so much easier to see.

The other thing that irks me is the tornado swirl from the mob in the tower in AA, because it’s the only swirly in the entire season that makes you move out instantly and doesn’t let you finish your cast the moment it spawns.

1 Like

Here’s another pet peeve that I’m growing to hate more and more, frontals with horrible effects/telegraphs as a melee class. Tank is moving mobs around non-stop, you’re evading 15 different affixes and mechanics, and you get blasted by a frontal that had 2 pixels worth of particle effects as a telegraph. I legit can’t see where the tank is and where the frontal is going some of the time, and I have to move back and drop my dps just to be sure.

1 Like

AV is one of those dungeons that’s very difficult unless everyone is doing the mechanics properly, and then it becomes pretty easy. The thing that makes the 2nd boss incredibly easy (and which pugs probably aren’t doing) is sticking together and working round the room to kill each add one at a time.

One of those ‘use eyes > move character’ mechanics that so many players struggle with.

Cragmaw is definitely the most difficult boss in Underrot, but group positioning helps a lot to keep ticks grouped together outside of tantrum.

Only a mess if players don’t stack and move with the tank. It’s so easy if done properly that we used to kill one of the N’Zoth adds with it in BfA s4 (and we were by no means good players).

I’m actually looking forward to this one. I think it will be interesting.

Feels like it might be another Tol Dagor or Waycrest in that respect.

I think inflatable mount shoes will be the play for Brackenhide. It’s a lot easier to access the cages, and kill selected trash, by moving via the water.

My biggest concern is the gauntlet before the last boss. Groups struggle with that in levelling dungeons.

Don’t want to comment on Vortex Pinnacle or Neltharion’s Lair because I haven’t done them enough.

Well, this is one of the points of PTR - to find these problems and tune difficulty accordingly.

And yes, I know some fights still need to be tuned down after they make it to live, but this is mainly because it’s (mostly) more skilled players who play on the PTR, so it isn’t a fair reflection of how it will feel for everyone else.

Pretty much this, a big reason for that is outside of avoidable damage, there’s no damage. Your healer can mostly sit and blast then have their finger on the trigger for if something goes wrong, and being able to constantly chain / drag things around without risking death means there’s so much less downtime between packs.

They didn’t trying to impress you :joy:

I see the ball as light purple, kind of the color of arcane magic, but I get what you mean though it doesn’t change my mind; that mechanic in particular is really easy to see and hard to miss.

Still, Blizzard could have implemented different palettes when it comes to Thundering, yes; the blue in my opinion is to keep the theme of lighting magic in WoW but sometimes is hard to see.
Or maybe they could just delete the ground effects… I don’t really like Thundering but will be gone soon enough.

I think blizzard could stand to include more hard borders around their mechanics. Nobody is saying go full arrows and lines and break all immersion like FFXIV does, but a circle around a swirly that clearly indicates what’s in and what’s out, even if it’s the same colour as the swirly’s main texture, would go a long way.