You can virtually murder someone and eat their corpse(or slice it into pieces with a toy)

You can set people on fire. Poison them. Bleed them and cause all sort of virtual bodily harm to them. But God forbid you actually spit on them. This reminds me of the hipocricy with nudity in movies. Showing someone getting massacred, decapitated, dissected etc.? OK. Showing a nipple? Quickly bring the FBI and raid the place!

TLDR /spit is a form of player interaction. Instead of removing the ways players can interact with each other, how about we remove the actual problem, which is people who harass other players in game with insults etc. in /whisper?

43 Likes

dude dont worry you can still /e spit on your favorite Goldshire “friend”. No need to get upset.

But frankly, imo /spit always reminded me on a really uncomfortable RL exp so im kinda ok with it gone … but thats just me …

8 Likes

I’m astonished there’s like 10 threads complaining about a single emote when you can emulate the same thing with another anyway. If this is the best constructive feedback the forums have to offer, no wonder Blizzard isn’t reading them.

7 Likes

heck most emotes are annoying when wrong person uses them anyways, not realy fun to the se some basement dweller spam same emote 20 times in a row.

2 Likes

Sorry that happened but why must everything people pay the slightest offence to get removed?

3 Likes

I have been spat on while walking down the street at 2 a.m. by some random guy who I didn’t even know with 3 of his friends. I called him an ahole and then 2 more of his friends jumped out of some bushes. No idea what they were planning on doing but I didn’t stay to find out. I don’t know what happened in your case but still, I don’t corelate this irl experience with anything that happens in-game.

Saying that /spit is toxic is the equivalent of saying pvp creates real life violence. It is a videogame. It is fake. It doesn’t actually happen to us irl. Why should we remove these features from it?

3 Likes

Next patch we will have all spells/abilities removed and replaced with hugs with the consensual obligated invite option of course.

4 Likes

Must be because some whale complained that when he was on his ridiculous SUV dragon, everybody around him spat on his whalie mount until he was embarrassed of himself.

5 Likes

Its kinda stoopid to compare those things to the spit emote. People /spit on others just because they had the mount in TBC. We even had people on this forum saying that the people with the mount shouldn’t be invited to groups or guilds. And it wouldn’t suprise me if some of these schoolyard bullies are flaming Blizzard.

I couldn’t care less about an emote I never use. And even if I did I wouldn’t care. I don’t play WoW because of an emote.

2 Likes

It’s catching the perfect moment to use the emote , not the actual emote herself :smiley:

Oh nooooooooo!!!

An emote might be getting removed!

How WILL you survive?

Says more about the people than the whale.

Imagine being so jealous or spiteful you feel the need to do that…

Do you also go around pretending to spit on people who have more shopping than you or have more than 4 ornaments in their living room?

What a pathetic reason to /spit

2 Likes

I don’t give money to blizzard to play on their bad version of TBC when 2 guys in a garage can do better for free.

6 Likes

dont get me wrong, i did not advocate its removal, i just stated i dont mind that much its removal.

/e spit /10 chars

TBC a expansion done 14 years ago.
/Spit is inappropriate.
Here’s the question:
Why suddenly is inappropriate, even though it wasn’t at the time ?
The only reasonable explanation I can find is:
Someone at Blizzard didn’t like Asmongold fans using it in players that bought the mount …

Because if someone wants to harass someone else, there’s other emotes and they weren’t removed.

Don’t get me wrong, last time I used it was 15 years ago, when I was pissed, after someone used /rolf on me in a BG when I was farming my Rank 11.
That’s why I avoid PVP.
I learned in LoL it can quickly bring the very worst of human kind.
Like verbal abusing your own teammates and threatening to report for providing kills to the enemy team, when they are just having a bad game.

Wanna see the next thing to be removed from game ?
Just observe what Asmongold fans are doing …

Cheers.

1 Like

/fart
/e NElf stop eating fel beens, Jesus dude you’re killing us here

1 Like

You know, it’s a little obvious that /spit is usually directed to the person playing the character, whereas the gore side is usually directed to the character.

Like, I don’t really care either way and it’s a little obvious

this is why i macro /train to warrior charge… it annoys the hell out of the dungeon group

1 Like

Don’t forget exploding corpses as a DK or you know … ACTUAL issues the game has.

Blizz clearly have their cubecrawling priorities straight

3 Likes